Ashes to Ashes

Will

/bin/su
So, what did you think? A poor rehash of Life on Mars, or an interesting programme in its own right?

I really enjoyed it.

And clowns scare me anyway, so that worked pretty well.

Damini

Part of the furniture
It was beginning to do my head in a bit, having her talk like a psychologist who had been bitten by a radioactive psychiatrist while swimming in the toxic over flow of a mental hospital. Pull the string to hear psychobabble, oooh, dellusional construct, blah blah. However, it did redeem itself towards the end. I'm prepared to give it a second go IF the writers get their wrists slapped a little for her dialogue.

Will

/bin/su
I think it might be a different case than the last one, and the "same as last time" thing is a clever red herring. Then again, it could be same shit, different decade.

She is hot though, so I don't mind too much. ;)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Nice legs to be honest :)

I enjoyed the program too, though I thought it was a bit of a parody of itself, you know, everything more OTT than the original.

Strangely enough Id just left school in 1981, so I dont look back at that era with the fondness of the earlier one, when I was just a child and the seats of my dads Mk3 Cortina were bloody HUGE :)

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
Didn't like the way it started, bit unbelievable if u ask me. I mean come on who brings a child to a gun siege? The armed cops didn't give chase and the guy just disappears into thin air while surrounded by cops? Let alone allowing the public to stand within easy shooting range.

Got better once she was back in the 80's though so maybe it'll redeem it's self.

Besides even if the rest of the show is crap Gene Hunt > all

best line from any tv show or film ever

"hands up your surrounded by 3 armed bastards"

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Irritated by it a little at first, but I warmed to it (as I did in the first ep of LOM to be honest). I like the way Gene Hunt is still cool but has moved with the times just enough, a nod to the Sam Tyler influence and moving with the times. Keely Hawes is fit as well and thank God they've picked the good 1981 tracks (Joe Dolce excepted of course). I think this could be good.

DaGaffer

Opening song, Tenpole Tudor, fucking awesome. Fire up the Quattro!

<edit> And now "The Prince" by Madness...oh this is great!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The Prince and the Dexys stuff were great, the New Romantic stuff is and always will be fucking dross.

Good fun program though :)

DaGaffer

I certainly bloody can !

Miserable bugger. I seem to remember wishing I could go down to the Blitz Club back in the day (I was 15), and my girlfriend did get me wearing eyeliner a couple of times ;)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
God help us all :)

Oh well, at least you and me can keep this thread going :D

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Don't forget me!! Mind you, I kept off the eye-liner... ponsy hair and pixie boots though :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
First two episodes have been really poor, the main problems are the very annoying actress playing the lead part, the neutering of Gene hunt and some terrible dialogue. So far everything they got just right in Life on Mars they have managed to utterly botch on this new show. Drake is not very likeable at all and when Gene isn't half the egotistical character he was in the previous show it leaves a massive void upfront.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Might not be as good as Life on Mars but then like most sequels they rarely are.

I liked the (David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes) clown. Certainly better than the the BBC colour bar check screen talking to Sam Tyler. I never expected it to be as good and I'm not really disappointed with it. It's still a good show and I will keep watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom