Ash - Clones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Now i normally dont listen to a lot of Ash, very few songs that ive actually heard from them, but when i heard this song its pretty much clicked for me and im hell bent on buying their albums now, anyone else heard it?

It seems a bit different from their regular stuff which tends to be the regular sort of brit rock you heard normally ala stereophonics per sé but this seems to stand out alot amongst their other songs. :D

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Ash sound nothing like Stereophonics, what chu talkin' 'bout Willis?

Anyway, just get 1977; Nu-Clear Sounds is just really weird and Free All Angels is annoyingly poppy.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Im not saying they sound like them, im saying they usually drop into the same category as Brit rock. ;)

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
the intro to Burn Baby Burn by Ash is a complete Rip off of the Pixies.

I like Girl From Mars though, and most of their songs are pretty infectious.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
maxi said:
the intro to Burn Baby Burn by Ash is a complete Rip off of the Pixies.

I like Girl From Mars though, and most of their songs are pretty infectious.
I got Free All Angels back in Sixth form and enjoyed it lots, but just bought the best of (Intergalactic Sonic 7"s) rather than the back catalogue. I managed to get it while they still had the bonus rarities CD as well. It as, as has been said, insanely infectious pop-rock. Can't go wrong :)

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Pity they cant carry it through to their live performances....they are shit live tbh

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
It happens to be a sad fact that most bands live are unfortunately awful. :(

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Thats bollocks and you know it.

The only bad live experience i've had is The Mars Volta, who i've been told were going through a rough stage at the time so they can be forgiven.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Don't you guys ever worry about your hearing when you go to concerts? You don't need to even be near the stage for serious long-term impairment to occur.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Oddly, I love some of the Fun Lovin' Criminals songs, saw them live at T in the Park (met them too, heh ;)) and thought the songs they played live were great. However, I then paid £17 to see them at the Edinburgh Corn Exchange and found over an hour of their stuff to be incredibly boring - waste of money.

G

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
Don't you guys ever worry about your hearing when you go to concerts? You don't need to even be near the stage for serious long-term impairment to occur.
Been going to rock concerts for 25 years now and have absolutely no problem with my hearing

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
What?

Damn i couldn't resist :( - Taxi for G (again)

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Big G said:
Taxi for G (again)
*Drops Taxi on G*

I've not seen Ash live, though I've heard then on radio. It seems to be pot luck on the night as to whether Tim Wheeler decides he can sing anything oher than flat :)

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Sharma said:
It happens to be a sad fact that most bands live are unfortunately awful. :(

That's a hilarious quote sorry Sharma.

Will

/bin/su
Ash are amazing live, I'll hear nothing bad said about them.

Well, that's a lie, you can say whatever you like, but whenever I've seen them (three times) they've always been fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom