ASD whine...

O

old.Filip

ASD is sooooo good in the hands of good players ... i think when the ASD nerf hits it will really change a lot ... maybee even more than the savage stuff ....

Filip

A

adari

healer asd wont interupt nemore next patch xD

W

Weeping Willow

Atleast the whine might stop then.

A

adari

course not, there will still be lull-bard-omfgwtfpwn:(-whine

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by adari
healer asd wont interupt nemore next patch xD
nor will theurgists or chanter asd - so what's your point?

A

ab_fluid

wow, you know what asd is? when its gone is that your excuse to elad 4fg+ round emain gone? bloody hope so.

J

jatski2

maybe u whine because its overpowered? go to hippie camp imo...

// inviteme

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Whisperess
The point, as you well know (and don't pretend otherwise), is that Healers are vital parts of the "uber" FotM gank squads and moreover, that Healers, unlike Chanters and Theurgs and other nukers, are support classes and can pretty much go in for interrupting the enemy players that currently do not have aggro, whereas aforementioned casters need to assist and concentrate on the target they are intent on bringing down.

Btw, you forgot us Cabbies have it as well. :D

A

adari

dont know abotu u but ive never seen a theurg use asd in a fair fight, they mostly just lie down on the floor

as for chanters, good point, but bards have more interupts on better timers so who needs chanters anyways

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by Belomar
The point, as you well know (and don't pretend otherwise), is that Healers are vital parts of the "uber" FotM gank squads and moreover, that Healers, unlike Chanters and Theurgs and other nukers, are support classes and can pretty much go in for interrupting the enemy players that currently do not have aggro, whereas aforementioned casters need to assist and concentrate on the target they are intent on bringing down.

Btw, you forgot us Cabbies have it as well. :D
Didn't know about the cabbies had it, soz.

And please don't tell me it takes a long time to fire off an insta that it make you lose focus from casting - then it's you that have the problem, not your class :)

And I'm very well aware of that there are often more than 1 healer in the group - but there are groups out there from other realms that has the ability to use ASD, but simply don't.

But you know what? There are healers out there that don't either.

Adari: Chanter have an AE-ASD, that's why ;)

B

Belomar

And please don't tell me it takes a long time to fire off an insta that it make you lose focus from casting - then it's you that have the problem, not your class :)
I'm saying when I am MA and 100% busy picking the proper target and debuffing + nuking it, I don't have time to ASD another target just to interrupt his cast. Healers can resort to spreadheal and concentrate on ASDing (like Tinyheals in his movie).

W

Whisperess

I'm saying when I am MA and 100% busy picking the proper target and debuffing + nuking it, I don't have time to ASD another target just to interrupt his cast. Healers can resort to spreadheal and concentrate on ASDing (like Tinyheals in his movie).
True enough - I'll give you that. Doesn't hurt to fire it off once in a while when you're moving around though ;)

Anyway, it'll be gone soon ( woohoo! one less interupt - give more fixes! )

A

Acun

Originally posted by old.Filip
ASD is sooooo good in the hands of good players ... i think when the ASD nerf hits it will really change a lot ... maybee even more than the savage stuff ....

Filip

Yeah...b ut what about amnesia...still gonna interupt moc or?

V

vintervargen

AE asd is not phun on mid tanks, so you would have to be really careful using it. which i can imagine is hard while pbaoing/debuffing/dd'ing/sending pet/single asd'ing/running etc

V

vintervargen

Re: Re: ASD whine...

Originally posted by Acun
Yeah...b ut what about amnesia...still gonna interupt moc or?

it doesnt interrupt, only stops you from casting if it isnt interrupted. afaik

B

Belomar

I can actually see a problem for bards in battling enemy PBAE boxes since their AE amnesia is put on a 10 sec timer (AFAIK) -- that's not nearly short enough to disable a PBAE-spamming group of SMs, for instance, where other realms with castable AE amnesia can just spam it and basically pit their cast speed against the cast speed of the PBAE group.

I might be barking up the wrong tree, though. :)

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by vintervargen
AE asd is not phun on mid tanks, so you would have to be really careful using it. which i can imagine is hard while pbaoing/debuffing/dd'ing/sending pet/single asd'ing/running etc
using it just fine over on prydwen - like you said, just have to be careful where you fire it.

A

ab_fluid

I can actually see a problem for bards in battling enemy PBAE boxes since their AE amnesia is put on a 10 sec timer (AFAIK) -- that's not nearly short enough to disable a PBAE-spamming group of SMs, for instance, where other realms with castable AE amnesia can just spam it and basically pit their cast speed against the cast speed of the PBAE group.

I might be barking up the wrong tree, though. :)

hit the nail on the head, should just make the bloody thing castable.

A

adari

And... what exactly is your point? Bards have an aoe lull on a 10 sec timer, and a single lull on a 5 sec timer.. both with 2300 range whereas the chanter ones are on 1500 range.

Hence, i dont see why you shud pick an enchanter over a bard when talking about interupting with instas

"that's why ;)" leet boy

A

Arnor

And... what exactly is your point? Bards have an aoe lull on a 10 sec timer, and a single lull on a 5 sec timer.. both with 2300 range whereas the chanter ones are on 1500 range.

Hence, i dont see why you shud pick an enchanter over a bard when talking about interupting with instas

"that's why ;)" leet boy

lull doesnt interrupt worth a fuck, it just removes the current spell in queue

R

rg-zorena

lol hib need ae lul because of pbae dmg ffs get real
baod On : 5 -660
and if your playing a tank grp you should still be able to kill them ^^

R

rg-zorena

Originally posted by Arnor
lull doesnt interrupt worth a fuck, it just removes the current spell in queue
not if its resisted

H

hotrat

course not, there will still be lull-bard-omfgwtfpwn:(-whine
Amnesia is fine... until you resist it, then you get interupted just like you would with asd:
You resist the effect!
You begin casting!
You are interupted by <bards name>
Wait 2 seconds!
Wait 1 seconds!
You begin casting!
Wait 3 seconds!
Wait 2 seconds!
Wait 1 seconds!
Finally you can cast.

Fix that as well please!

G

grimster

Belomar just dont make sense....

Anyone figured him out?

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by rg-zorena
lol hib need ae lul because of pbae dmg ffs get real
baod On : 5 -660
and if your playing a tank grp you should still be able to kill them ^^

baods teh suck, chanters r teh gay, and the word teh rules

B

Belomar

Originally posted by grimster
Belomar just dont make sense....

Anyone figured him out?
Aluvian seemed to understand, might be I am using too difficult words for an SB. ;) The point is that there is a downside to the bard amnesia being insta since it has a recast timer -- if you want to beat a MoCing PBAE box as a Hib, you can't simply spam AoE amnesia like healers and sorcerers do. Oh, and Zorena, you have noticed that the FotM Hib groups lack chanters with BAoD, right?

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by hotrat
Amnesia is fine... until you resist it, then you get interupted just like you would with asd:
You resist the effect!
You begin casting!
Wait 2 seconds!
Wait 1 seconds!
You begin casting!
Wait 3 seconds!
Wait 2 seconds!
Wait 1 seconds!
Finally you can cast.

Fix that as well please!

no, dont fix it
spamming lvl4 single amnesia is fun
it is resisted every second time and costs nothing :cool:

P

Puppetmistress

"that's why ;)" leet boy

You're wrong. The interrupt value of ASD is in regular combat way higher then of lull. Why? Simple: ASD makes you interrupted meaning your current cast is interrupted and you need to wait for 3 seconds to cast again. Lull doesnt interrupt (until you resisted it, doh!) so you can just cast again. Thats why lull interrupt-value is way lower.

When it comes down to MOC then suddenly lull is better, but without MOC the ASD is the best interrupt there is.

F

Flimgoblin

removed all the zerg whine - there's enough threads on that no need to derail this one

J

jatski2

yea like n00b zorena qwhould know anything, just try to steal gold and drops.

//inviteme

Users who are viewing this thread