As the...

K

kinag

..... /level command is incoming alot of people are thinking about making alts, me for one :)

Thinking of making a warrior, but still uncertain about race and weapon spec..

so guys, what is the best race when it all comes to an end? Troll, Kobbie or a Norseman?

And what is the best weapon when it all comes to an end? Hammer, Sword or an Axe? thinking hammer or sword :)

And ps: Flaming is not allowed :rolleyes:

O

old.mattshanes

Kobold 50 sword 50 shield 28 parry:D

Be a lot of blocking.:eek:

K

kinag

Re: Re: As the...

Originally posted by Rubric
Asking for trouble.

Go for Kobbie axe.

Yeah, I know im asking for trouble, people cant leave their flames at home :(

And kobbie seems nice, but I want to be able to kill aswell :p

N

Nichneven

kobbie block & parry powah4tehwin!!

Besides, they're the most adorable :clap:

just ask Naz, he is teh sexy mini wariah!

S

Sharma

You forgot Valkyn warriors!!! Valkyn 4tehwin baby!! :D

K

kinag

Originally posted by sharma
You forgot Valkyn warriors!!! Valkyn 4tehwin baby!! :D

Like I ever will make a Valkyn :eek:

never, ever will a Valkyn be messing up my character screen!

L

Litmus

if your gonna make a warrior dont make it a kobbie imo

low str = low weaponskill = less blocking in rvr

sure you'll block more in pve, but when you get in RvR and the other guy has 200+ more weaponskill then you wont block as much and he'llblock you more

if i was to make a warrior it would deffo be norse because its the best all round race for a warrior

G

gutrot

Hammer is definately best for PvE, as pure tank ur gonna want to keep aggro and hammer taunt is the highest level taunt and far better than axe or sword. Its frustrating grouping with a high hp chain armour shield using meatshield who cant even get the mob to hit him ;)

B

Brunore

Dorf and hammer.

50 hammer, 50 shield and 28 parry (or more parry if you auto train hammer to 40)

Put 10 points into str and 15 into con

You end up with about 2.5k hps when fully buffed with capped con/hits.

Thats what I'm going to do when I eventually reactivate my account.

K

kinag

As a kobbie warrior you cant have 2k hp buffed can you?

And if you get hit by a big mob in PvE (lets say a chthonic Knight) you have to lose hell of alot hp, cause you cant block every single hit..

B

Belsameth

but you don't hit as hard either, so can use your guard on the main damage dealer, and spare the healer quite a lot of power, as you might not block every hit, but still a whole lot...

S

Shike

I would go norse/troll and use swords and hack away happily with ragnarok on fleeing people.

Or a more clever move would be to roll a savage and have better defense and better offence, savage is the best tank in daoc RvRwise imho.

What is a tank supposed to do in RvR?

Kill stuff, live aslong as possible

hmm

Savage have access to savagery, around 50% meleeresists, advanced evade, near 50% evaderate, their selfhaste is *cough* quite good, they have cheap RAs and HP on pure tanktable and damage on pure tanktable...

I dunno, but any mid rolling anything but a savage when considering a tank purely for RVR is imo just nutters. Warrior in all glory, they are still damn good in PvE at least compared, not that savage do bad in PvE either.

K

kinag

.:Excalibur:.
Kinag - lvl 50 zerker - Flammen Vakten
Kinzer - lvl 3x Savage <---- *cough*
Kinagh - Valewalker
.:prydwen:.
Sharen - lvl 3x Paladin
Sharens - Enhance Cleric

S

Solid

Originally posted by Litmus
if your gonna make a warrior dont make it a kobbie imo

low str = low weaponskill = less blocking in rvr

sure you'll block more in pve, but when you get in RvR and the other guy has 200+ more weaponskill then you wont block as much and he'llblock you more

if i was to make a warrior it would deffo be norse because its the best all round race for a warrior

Dood your weaponskill has no effect on your chance to block, dont confuse the poor d00d.

Considering a Kobold warrior has more weaponskill than a Troll Thane self buffed, I highly doubt it will have toruble hitting things.

Anyway my personal choice is Troll Sword warrior. The have the biggest damage melee attack in Midgard. (except for a Hamster 2H Zerker using Ragnarok/Tundra)

35 Qui 5.7 Speed Ragnarok.

K

kinag

Thinking of making a Kobold warrior with hammer until 40, then respec to sword..

50 sword, 50 shield and 28 parry (normally, but as I auto trained with sword and respecced I will have more parry, unsure of how much tho)

Seems nice :p

K

kinag

Anyone that have a kobbie warrior that can fill me in about how they generally are in PvE and not forget RvR? :)

S

SilverHood

well, I've seen kobold warriors tank legion, and not die once, seen them solo umbroods, cambions etc without any hassle... with a buff bot, they really become mean machines

as the saying goes.... anything a thane could do, a kobold warrior could do better :)

well, almost :)

K

kinag

Originally posted by SilverHood
as the saying goes.... anything a thane could do, a kobold warrior could do better :)

well, almost :)

Hehe, that cracked me up :p

B

Brunore

Kobbie warriors are good, the only L50 ones I can think of off the top of my head are Brabby and Harmless.

I think the best "tank" race is dorf though.

but any race of L50 warrior buffed to the max is awesome against any pve mob

O

old.mattshanes

Znip is also a lv50 kobold warrior in svea ulvar,from what i have faced kobold warriors definetly block the most.

N

Nairyk

Thinking of making...
Reaver
Air Theurg
Earth Theurg
Gimf
Smitz0r 4tehwin
and a xbow specc'd armsman!

A

Aoami

Originally posted by kinag
Anyone that have a kobbie warrior that can fill me in about how they generally are in PvE and not forget RvR? :)

can solo slash weak red con mobs without trouble at 35

B

Brunore

Originally posted by kinag
As a kobbie warrior you cant have 2k hp buffed can you?

And if you get hit by a big mob in PvE (lets say a chthonic Knight) you have to lose hell of alot hp, cause you cant block every single hit..

Yeah a kobbie can have over 2k hits buffed, and I have seen a troll warrior buffed by a L3x shammie take on a umbro warrior and Ukobat at the same time.

No problem at all.

I was the shammie and Efour was teh troll warrior.

Edit for the pic.

e4.jpg

B

Brunore

Originally posted by old.Lythande
Why do you have acuity-buff on yourself?

I thought it did something for seers, I was then told by about 30 people on here that it dont the first time I posted this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom