Question As the games begin....

Olgaline

FH is my second home
So appart from your home country "if they are attending the WC"
who els do support ?

Name 1-3 teams you'd like to see do well, and why.
They dont have to be favorits in any sence of the word.
Oh and is there a team(s) you like to see flop, and why ?

I'll Start

South Africa & Holland
It's always adds to the fun when the honeside advances far.
and Holland because they really offer some great attacking football.

Sides i hope go out sooner rather than later

Argentina & Italy
Argentina because of Maradona, cant stand him, "yes he was great, and he is a legend, but he lost his marbles some where along the way, and if argentina do well it'll be becuase the sheer talent of the players, and not their moronic coach.

I cant stand Italy's football philosophy, sure it's effective as hell, but just as boring as a nuetral onlooker.

I'm undecided on England, I like watching them, yet cant stand the arrogance of some british media or fans, there's supporting your team, and there is being utterly blind to reality.

Your turn........

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm rooting for a few of the south american underdogs this year, namely chile, paraguay and uruguay.

Marc

FH is my second home
I'm rooting for a few of the south american underdogs this year, namely chile, paraguay and uruguay.

This ^^

I certainly think Uruguay will surprise a few teams

Everz

FH is my second home
Serbia and Uruguay

Both are teams that can surprise.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Everyone is saying Serbia will go a long way, but i think they'll go out in the groups. Crap side.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
1. Českomoravský fotbalový svaz. Too bad one of my favourite players Pavel Nedvěd quit.

2. South korea, liked their playstyle in WC 2002 (no clue if they are in this time)

3. Japan

3. Turkey

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

drew with poland, lost to new zealand, lost 6-0 to argentina 4 years ago, didnt pick up a point. did well in qualifiers, in an easy group. france dont count while domenech is manager.

good players, but like france, not a good team.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
2. South korea, liked their playstyle in WC 2002 (no clue if they are in this time)
They are
3. Turkey

They are not..

Besides Denmark I hope that England will finally go all the way, I feel like they deserve it.

Holland is also a cuntry that I think and feel can go all the way and wouldn't mind it one bit if they did. But since Bendtner and Simon Kjær are back in the game, they won't ;)

Germany.. Because Bastian Schweinsteiger

Italy and Spain can fuck off tho.. Really hope they get fucked over by some shit team(hope we meet Italy and kick their asses)

Marc

FH is my second home
Italy and Spain can fuck off tho.. Really hope they get fucked over by some shit team(hope we meet Italy and kick their asses)

Keep your mouth shut you or I will unleash the pain when I come to Sweden

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
USA, South Korea, Portugal - also I always like to see Holland do well.

I think USA play very well, and have some very underrated players. They are becoming a real force, and I want to see them scare the established order.

South Korea - Park :D

portugal - Ronaldo :D

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Think Israel will have their own team in the future? :D

Perhaps not.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I'm undecided on England, I like watching them, yet cant stand the arrogance of some british media or fans, there's supporting your team, and there is being utterly blind to reality.

Is that really the case this time tho? Atm it seems to be the complete opposite.. every england fan thinks we are shit and the media reckon we might make the semis at best. I think we have learnt from 2006 not to get too excited about our chances :)

I want portugal to get destroyed, yes I'm still bitter about that "wink" in 2006 :p Not sure who I want to win other than England. I reckon it would be funny if the Germans (who no one seems to be talking about this WC) beat Spain/Brazil/Argentina and won it somehow :p Their team really does look quite average on paper, then again I don't see much of their players.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
USA, I hope they do well, it would be amazing to have the Yanks showing interest in the game and maybe they could lend the clubs some money.

Everz

FH is my second home
Is that really the case this time tho? Atm it seems to be the complete opposite.. every england fan thinks we are shit and the media reckon we might make the semis at best. I think we have learnt from 2006 not to get too excited about our chances :)

I want portugal to get destroyed, yes I'm still bitter about that "wink" in 2006 :p Not sure who I want to win other than England. I reckon it would be funny if the Germans (who no one seems to be talking about this WC) beat Spain/Brazil/Argentina and won it somehow :p Their team really does look quite average on paper, then again I don't see much of their players.

Ballack is there best player, about sums up the Germans. 2nd round at best for them.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I'd like to see Portugal go out early as well tbh. Never have liked them as a team really, like to see Ivory Coast and Brazil batter them out of Group G

I'd like to see Uruguay do well, theyre one of the true greats of the World game, nice to see them up near the top again.

and the Danes, scandi countries always feels like a home team for me, Northern europe ftw, (well except France, oh and Germany haha)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Fiance pulled Algeria and Ghana out of the pools at work, so they would be the 'monetary' choices.

Apart from that, I quite like Holland!

Calo

Part of the furniture
good:

Holland, uruguay, both teams are top teams. Think many teams will underestimate them. Great attacking forces.
spain: if you have seen the match against Poland and seen the second goal, you just know that the only thing that stops spain, is spain itself.
bad:

England,france. Don't have it for those country's. Always thinking they've already won the cup and then fail horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom