As much as I fucking hate the things...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
...I need a new mobile phone :(

I'm on an Orange contract and I'm not too bothered about switching to someone else but my phone's fucked and as I have steadfastly refused to learn anything about mobiles when it comes to choosing a new one I'm in the dark.

So, what's good. With a decent camera? :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
n95 is meant to be the best camera wise i thinks.

personaly i my self am leaning towards the iphone, simply coz spore is comming out on it

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The camera on the N95 is indeed great, just a shame that the actual phoning people and sending them text messages is so damn awful :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Have you tried looking at any of the new Sony Cyber-Shot phones they have pretty decent cameras, though not as feature packed as the N95 they do there job well.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nope. Not looked. As far as I'm concerned it's all the same marketing guff so I'm after recommendations :)

I'm not fussed about loads of features apart from a camera. I just want phoning and txting to be quick and easy...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Don't get an n95; they're shite (and I say that as an owner). Best camera phone is the Sony C902

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Don't get an n95; they're shite (and I say that as an owner). Best camera phone is the Sony C902

Don't know anything about the n95 tbh, but my last few phones have been SE and my current one is the K770i and a friend of mine has just got the C902 and he's very happy with it. If your not worried about the music player and just want ti for the camera then i recommend it

soze

I am a FH squatter
I'm currently using a Nokia 6210 Navigator it has a decent 3.2mp camera which is good enought during the day but at night the LED flash suffers.

Edmond

I'm currently using a Nokia 6210 Navigator it has a decent 3.2mp camera which is good enought during the day but at night the LED flash suffers.

A friend has got the navigator, its packed up after 4 months, i can call him and he can hear me, but i cant hear him. he has taken the sim out and put it an old phone, but the sat nav still works a treat

soze

I am a FH squatter
A friend has got the navigator, its packed up after 4 months, i can call him and he can hear me, but i cant hear him. he has taken the sim out and put it an old phone, but the sat nav still works a treat

Could that be the 6110 Navigator as im not sure the 6210 has been out that long? The navigation in what is not a huge phone is a really nice addition.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
I loved my N95 but I had to replace the screen after the membranes broke down and then a few weeks later it completely died whilst I was uploading a MP3.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The N95 8GB with the new firmware is bloody brilliant. The camera is very good, the videocamera is fucking excellent and about as good as a hi8 video camera, no crappy 15fps or anything like that.

The new firmware lets you rotate the screen by turning the phone, like the iphone.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
The N95 8GB with the new firmware is bloody brilliant. The camera is very good, the videocamera is fucking excellent and about as good as a hi8 video camera, no crappy 15fps or anything like that.

The new firmware lets you rotate the screen by turning the phone, like the iphone.

Yes, but like everything else on the 8Gb, it is an enormous pain in the ass, rotating the screen randomly and being a **** to get to go back to normal. I've switched that off now and just stick to using the slide to rotate it.

If you're after an easy to use phone give the N95 a wide berth. It makes everything about twice as big a pain in the ass as it needs to. As far as usuability is concerned my old W950i kicked it into touch, mainly due to its many shortcuts (just hold a button down to activate predictive text, or press 1 button to reload a webpage, rather than the 4000 menus Nokia make you go through) and the fact it didn;t take 3 days to update the music player after you put new tunes on. The camera is very good, sadly the stills are inferior to my old K850i, although the video is excellent.

My N95 was not a choice but a lack of options, the Vodafone call centre had discontiued the phone I wanted (the W960i), and there was nothing else with Wi-Fi availible. If I were you I'd have the C902, or the C702 if your budget wont stretch to the 9. SonyEricsson are the uberlords of the camera phone, getting anything else just for the camera is plain retarded.

Edmond

The lenses in the SE are far superior to anything else atm

Edmond

Could that be the 6110 Navigator as im not sure the 6210 has been out that long? The navigation in what is not a huge phone is a really nice addition.

Yep, sorry soze, your quite correct. I just saw 'navigator' and assumed it was the same one, its the 6110 that he has

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Looks like the C902 FTW! Orange is out of stock at the mo but I may nip to town and see if there's any in the shop...

Cheers peeps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom