AS and A Level Results

Nomans Land

Can't get enough of FH
Im sure im not the only one getting these today.

Im on AS level and I got:

Phys: u
History: e
Maths: d/e (cba to work it out properly)

Tech here I come.

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
Don't worry too much. Last year I got a C, 2D's and an E (my coursework was marked down from an A by the exam board. So was everyone elses.)

I still got into my uni, and now I'm programming robots, captaining a cricket team, mountainclimbing and have a schexy girlfriend.

You'll be fine ;)

(Don't forget to just put that you have an A-Level on your CV. You don't have to state what grade you got :p)

- English -

Resident Freddy
i didnt go in for my AS results, kinda pointless till i get my other gcse one :p

Zephyd

One of Freddy's beloved
AS btw,
physics B, maths C, chemistry E :E

bad chemistry mark due to coursework being unclassified - and i got called a 'prawn' by my chemistry teacher :(

Glorien

Fledgling Freddie
Got my AS results too on Thursday:

Philosophy and ethics B, history B, sociology B, psychology C and general studies A.

Marc

FH is my second home
Unless you know for sure you are a brainy twat and you wanna be a doctor or lawyer I dont see the point at all in going to uni. Employers these days arent arsed at all about if you have a degree or not, i know for sure most employers in my profession arent. If i was leaving school now id become a scaffolder. The money you can make is fcking obscene and there is always work around.

Tilda

Marc said:
Unless you know for sure you are a brainy twat and you wanna be a doctor or lawyer I dont see the point at all in going to uni. Employers these days arent arsed at all about if you have a degree or not, i know for sure most employers in my profession arent. If i was leaving school now id become a scaffolder. The money you can make is fcking obscene and there is always work around.
<<3

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
unless you are going to do anything worth while at uni you should just go and work at tesco's straight from school, save yourself the three years you waste at uni getting you david beckham degree.

Garnet

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
My friend didnt even go to uni and he makes just over £1000 a week :eek2: So much for uni. Though hes a joinner :)

Marc

FH is my second home
Garnet said:
My friend didnt even go to uni and he makes just over £1000 a week :eek2: So much for uni. Though hes a joinner :)
Its true though. I would defo learn a trade if i was leaving school. Plumber for instance. There is such a lack of good qualified plumbers around at the moment that you can clear £2000 a week easy. Bricklayers are another. When I was accountant for a big building firm, our brickies were clearing £1500 a week for mon - thur.

zx^

One of Freddy's beloved
Marc said:
Its true though. I would defo learn a trade if i was leaving school. Plumber for instance. There is such a lack of good qualified plumbers around at the moment that you can clear £2000 a week easy. Bricklayers are another. When I was accountant for a big building firm, our brickies were clearing £1500 a week for mon - thur.
Plumbers are the way forth in the world!! :)
Salery is around 3000£ in denmark thou.(with a nice tax of 53%)
Thou if you read 2 years then you can make your own firm/be an engineer in a firm. and get 3500£-4000£ a month.

2000£ a week in england hmm... Sounds like i need to take a few working years in england :)

Marc

FH is my second home
zx^ said:
Plumbers are the way forth in the world!! :)
Salery is around 3000£ in denmark thou.(with a nice tax of 53%)
Thou if you read 2 years then you can make your own firm/be an engineer in a firm. and get 3500£-4000£ a month.

2000£ a week in england hmm... Sounds like i need to take a few working years in england :)
Im sure not all plumbers will make £2000 a week. Im just saying what you can potentially earn. I know a couple who do though, but they are very good and have a good rep

zx^

One of Freddy's beloved
Marc said:
Im sure not all plumbers will make £2000 a week. Im just saying what you can potentially earn. I know a couple who do though, but they are very good and have a good rep
well there are pple earning 1000-1500£ a month here to, but that is pple who got a bad rep/do a bad job.

But counting on writing Daoc in the Advertisment, so mayb i get some customers through there :) ( now i just need to write/speak good english hehe )

We got pple taking 3-5 years educations which leads to nothing but a degree. Around 40-45% of the pple taking these educations, are never gonna use them to anything. Still reading to Lawyer for 6 years on a crappy salery those 6 years is kinda poor. After 6 years then you earn alot thou. :twak:

Marc

FH is my second home
Or if you want to make lots of money. Buy a nursing home/rest home. Thats where the money is these days!

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
amen :p

80% of those who come out of uni fail to make more than 2-3k more than sum1 who doesnt. The reason for this is simple, there are not enough jobs out there that pay more for all the people goin to uni. i see absolutely no point in sum semi brained person with like 3 d's going to uni, ull have a good time but u can have a good 3 years of life without goin to uni either. and all u do is come out 15k in debt. Rather than go to uni for 3 years im deciding to travel around the world for about the same amount of time, i think that will be much more rewarding and life enriching than getting some 2.1-2.2 from a semi good uni with a useless degree.

edit: for the record i got like 2-3c's and i went to Kent uni for 3 months, left cuz course is gonna be useless and its kinda expensive :) (did classics)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom