Artifacts and patch 1.81

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
For those who are trying to collect artifacts such as myself (maybe im the only one who knows), will artifacts still drop in 1.81? I know they are of no use, but for me to be able to complete my artifacts collection, would I then need ALL 62 artifacts before 1.81 or im I screwed?

Also, when 1.81 goes live, what will happen to all those who still have unactivated artifacts? Will they just get deleted?

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Afaik unactivated artis will no longer drop, only activated artis will be issued by the lore peeps once all 3 scrolls are handed in and also if you have the encounter ofc, as for un activated old artis, again afaik they are worthless and useless`

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
Gungo said:
again afaik they are worthless and useless`

Aye I know they are worthless, reason I wanna keep them is for collection value only. If artis are gonna be "deleted" when 1.81 goes live, then ive wasted a lot of time and cash on nothing, thats why I am hoping that someone might know what exactly will happen.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
you will still have them, tho, if you want a arti that you dont have just get credit and turn in the scrolls and you will get the artifact

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
i think you can still activate them somehow... and noway are they deleting them.

or else they would have deleted the neckys used to port mid and alb frontiers in OF

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Personally I'm just aiming to get all the encounters I need (can't compete with peoples +mod if you started ToA'ing later than others), to complete my template. Gonna do other stuff till the patch comes, then when it arrives farm the scrolls I need (which will drop alot easier) and I'll probably have a complete template within a week of the ToA patches release, if the drop rate info from the US test server is anything to go by. :)

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
Heta said:
you will still have them, tho, if you want a arti that you dont have just get credit and turn in the scrolls and you will get the artifact

I want them unactivated xD

Yes, it's very hard to satisfy me.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Best to sell those unactivated Artifacts as quickly as possible, as well as any current 'rare' scrolls, since they won't be worth anything after 1.81 either.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Comos said:
Best to sell those unactivated Artifacts as quickly as possible, as well as any current 'rare' scrolls, since they won't be worth anything after 1.81 either.

Yup, although, 1.81 wont be out in EU before next year some time, I'd guess Feb-March :/

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
Comos said:

Dunno if thats aimed at me, but if so, you havent read my post at all. I'm not trying to make any money, im doing this purely for the COLLECTION value, its just a personal task for myself to complete. xD

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
Yup, although, 1.81 wont be out in EU before next year some time, I'd guess Feb-March :/

Next week on US m8r. Only reason I had the urge to reroll mid mlf. (yeah and 2 days in moderna to level) :D

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
[person1] I would like to have 1 whole wheat bread please.
[person2] We've got some lovely golf-clubs here, made from titanium.
[person3] Or how about this sweet MP3 car-radio?
[person1] I just would like to have a bread please.
[person2] But yes, ofcourse, take a look at this one. Finest cigars in the world!
[person3] Hah, but that's nothing compared to this speakerset for in your livingroom.
[person1] Yeah, but I would really just like a whole wheat bread, nothing more, nothing less.!!

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Chimaira said:
Next week on US m8r. Only reason I had the urge to reroll mid mlf. (yeah and 2 days in moderna to level) :D

yup I know, gonna finish my infil then, havent lvld the artis yet since i figured id wait for 1.81 and lvl them fast then instead.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Gungo said:
Afaik unactivated artis will no longer drop, only activated artis will be issued by the lore peeps once all 3 scrolls are handed in and also if you have the encounter ofc, as for un activated old artis, again afaik they are worthless and useless`

To get an artifact I was under the impression that you needed:
(1) Encounter credit
(2) The artifact dropped from the encounter
(3) The relevant 3 scrolls
You then go to one of the scholars at haven to activate it.

"Afaik unactivated artis will no longer drop" : does this mean only activated artis drop in 1.81 ? Meaning you don't need the scrolls or the scolar ?

"Only activated artis will be issued" : how can unactivated artis be given out by a scholar ?

Im confused

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
does this mean only activated artis drop in 1.81 ? Meaning you don't need the scrolls or the scolar ? : Nope, no arti's will drop at all, you will do the encounter, collect the scrolls, hand them to the scholar who will give you the fully activated arti.

It'l be like a quest, finish the quest and get the reward.

No more camping arti's for money.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
You will not get arti from the seer until you have all 3 scrolls, then you get arti handed to you activated assuming you have enc ofc.

Better get farming Argyle, 3 (probably means 6 minimum) months for 1.81 and counting.....

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Hmm...interesting <strokes beard thoughtfully>

Thanks for the clarification )

Feyd

Fledgling Freddie
Currently in Euro servers it works like this

You need
a) the artifact itself as dropped from the mob (or bought from a CM)
b) the encounter credit (as in you have had to be there for the killing of the mob)
c) the 3 scrolls that goes together with the artifact.
When you have all 3 you hand the artifact to the scholar, next hand him the 3 merged scrolls, he gives you back the activated artifact.

From 1.81 and onwards (only on testbasis in US atm)
You need
b) the encounter credit (as in you have had to be there for the killing of the mob)
c) the 3 scrolls that goes together with the artifact.
When you have those 2 you then hand the scholar the 3 merged scrolls and he in return hand you the activated artifact.

So in short from 1.81 you only have to camp/farm/buy the 3 scrolls, and then ofcuz get the encounter credit. But since ppl can nolonger make money from selling artifacts there will be a higher chance to find the encounter up.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Hehe, isn't that what I said in a much more concise manner above Feyd? :p

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
GoV/CS etc on Merlin were at 1p a few days ago and dropping, of course there is the occasional mentally challenged person who puts a fresh GoV on for 40p :clap:

Feyd

Fledgling Freddie
kiliarien said:
Hehe, isn't that what I said in a much more concise manner above Feyd? :p
Actually no

I explained how it is now vs how it will be in 1.81, as that was what the confusion was about.
You only explained (shorter i agree) how it will be.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Feyd said:
So in short from 1.81 you only have to camp/farm/buy the 3 scrolls, and then ofcuz get the encounter credit. But since ppl can nolonger make money from selling artifacts there will be a higher chance to find the encounter up.

just thought I would add in that they up the respawn on alot of the mobs too, which also makes it even easier to get credit.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
yup I know, gonna finish my infil then, havent lvld the artis yet since i figured id wait for 1.81 and lvl them fast then instead.

works retro though. So if you got like lvl 2.5 Arti-x right now it transforms to the new change in patch. Around 3.5 lvl orso whtever formula they use

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
didnt they make arti encounters easier too ?

would be nice if you could do jacinas and erinys etc with fg :)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
yes, a couple of artis are made easier, Erinys and BoZ are 2 of those. Dont think they changed Jacinas but dont take my word for it was a long time since I read the patch notes.

You can already do Jacinas with a fg rather easy

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
1.81 will make it stupidly easy to toa a char (as all artis exp faster too), reckon i could make a level 1 char, and full toa it in less than 3 days play time, including all arts 10 :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Elitestoner said:
1.81 will make it stupidly easy to toa a char (as all artis exp faster too), reckon i could make a level 1 char, and full toa it in less than 3 days play time, including all arts 10 :p

I hope its not that easy. Otherwise might as well give you a few more commands

/level50
/gifv template
/artifactslevel10
/masterlevel10

In fact while we're there, entirely scrap PVE and just have RVR with all characters starting at level 50 fully SCd and templated up :p

Himse

FH is my second home
Lamp said:
I hope its not that easy. Otherwise might as well give you a few more commands

/level50
/gifv template
/artifactslevel10
/masterlevel10

In fact while we're there, entirely scrap PVE and just have RVR with all characters starting at level 50 fully SCd and templated up :p

i wish

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Lamp said:
just have RVR with all characters starting at level 50 fully SCd and templated up :p
Was tried on a shard...it sucked, everyone got bored after a day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom