Artifacts and feelings now? comparing when TOA arrive

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
when TOA arrive, read VoS pages and wonder if never cba get some artifacts, maybe few ML:s but those are another story.

this week suddenly notice i have 2 char whit 7 artifacts, few waiting activating.
how i ended this? i hated and still hate TOA, xp grind, ml:s just was way too much in my opinion.
collected slowly artifacts, xp them up, suddenly sitting whit these artifacts mouth open and wondering how i ended here.

how other are doing now?
you who hated toa? situation now.
how many artifacts and maybe getting more?
you get artifacts because other in guilds have and you want too?
notice you had scrolls for some nice artifact and wanted it?
etc etc

Ormorof

FH is my second home
hehe i hated and still hate toa, yet im working hard to get artis for my warrior ;)

as i said to animus the other day : i hate pve, yet no matter what i do its all i seem to end up doing these days :p

D0ttve

Fledgling Freddie
i think TOA was a nice change for the game, i have around 6-7 arti's.. (planing on get mote.. : :D )

and i rly like toa :cheers:

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
I didn't hate ToA in the beginning, but after failing to obtain so many of the popular artifacts + scrolls, I must say ToA kicked me in the ass. I got some nifty stuff, but items like SoM, GoV, Maddening, I'll never play enough to get my hands on. And that's just wrong, considering I'm paying to play the game (well not anymore, but you know what I mean), so why should some things be so hard to get?

ToA, I hate you! Can't wait until my sub runs out and I stop logging in!

Inca

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
I didn't hate ToA in the beginning, but after failing to obtain so many of the popular artifacts + scrolls, I must say ToA kicked me in the ass. I got some nifty stuff, but items like SoM, GoV, Maddening, I'll never play enough to get my hands on. And that's just wrong, considering I'm paying to play the game (well not anymore, but you know what I mean), so why should some things be so hard to get?

ToA, I hate you! Can't wait until my sub runs out and I stop logging in!

Hmm not to sure about this. A lot of the problem as i see it is people go about TOA the wrong way.

One thing i will conceed is that for small guilds who average 5 players online even at peak times, yes TOA is a pain, but even for newer players in larger guilds TOA is relatively easy. If your a small guild and you want to take TOA seriously then you need to team up with other small guilds, your 5 online might not be enough for Tartaros gift, but get 2 guilds, 2 x5, 10 people, more than likely is enough. Do it twice one for each guild, winner :p If you want to get hold of the 1-1.5 fg artifacts then i suggest you join a more active guild, rp's is irrelevant just look for a guild with a lot of people online and that have a friendly attitude, there are plenty about.

The examples you listed are not the best (imo), Maddening particularly. With a bb you can solo it with most tank classes using Font of Power, or assuming you don't have that 2 tanks/2 seers should easily do it, specially if one of the tanks is a shield tank. As for the scrolls yeah 2/3 and 3/3 are pretty rare and valuable, but there are places in typhons/ashens u can farm these scrolls as a duo or whatever. Ok that takes time, but knowing you as i do i know you log on enough that if you wanted them bad enough you would get them. Alternatively just sign up to an ml7 raid, in a 3-4 hour raid you would have a good chance of mad tales 2 or 3, and if not you have a good chance of getting something you can trade.

GoV and SoM might need fg's to get the arti, but often random groups do these arti's anyway so you have a chance to get them if you get yourself in those area's. Again the scrolls for these arti's can be farmed with only 2-3 of you. All the info is on VoS so there are no "secrets" or whatever :)

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
Got my hands on 5 artis sofar, 3 are on my BB so it sux acctualy.

How I xped them, well a Warrior and a ShBB can kill alot of things but it still take alot of time. Same with RM and a BB.

What I got so far:
Egg of Youth lvl10 -BB
Belt of Moon lvl10 -BB
Kalares Neckles lvl8 -BB

Traldors Oracle lvl10 -RM

Eeris Light/Dark Stone lvl0 -Warrior

ML's are a pain to get, first hopefully you can make it to a raid, and hen you hope that you won't go ld at a critical stage where you lose a step and can't finish it. MLxp well theres alot of chars that need different steps to leech from, and one can always PL a char to leech steps from to :)

Arthemis

Fledgling Freddie
In the start when TOA came i thougt it sounded cool - Now it disgusts me! i cba to log on that much now and im mostly letting a (1? :)) mate play on it in moderna so i can earn a bit money and maybe got a chance to put my hands on some artis which are worth more than 250g! Hope i someday will be able to be ML2+ and have some artis so my skald can kill green con mobs :)

Otherwise ill just sell my account and play wow when ill be able to join it!!

or mby ill just burn my computer and go drink some beer !

Leuan

Fledgling Freddie
i never even botherd to get 1 artifact. i sail around in my boat for 3 days, but whenever i went ld my friend i sailed with left me so i had 2 swim home, usualy it ended with me geetin ripped apart by some shark or drowing myself with frustration. Then i got that crappy quest armour so i looked realy gay. Then i got sick of going ld every 20 mins so left and uninstalled toa ^^.

TNT

One of Freddy's beloved
7 artifacts kind of like toa a lot of new stuff to see an do, just leveling some of these artifacts is just to dam slow.

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
Got 5 on my healer, but still needs one:
Have:
EoY lvl 10
BoM lvl 10
Healers Embrace lvl 5
Kalares lvl 2
Cyclops lvl 1
Needing:
Scorpion Tale ring

And 2 on my SM, and needing 2 atm (not finished temp):
Have:
Traldos lvl 10
Erinys lvl 1
Needs:
Jacinas sash
Silverhorn

Hate getting them, leveling them and getting scrolls for them, but its gotta be done

/megs

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Consensus (or how ever its spelled:)

Well the consensus of TOA seems to be that it sounds good on paper but sucks actually doing/playing.

I like TOA for its good sides but all the bad sides are just so many that the good is drowned in all the frustration.

I love the graphics, I like the boats, the water/underwater and alot of the new powers/artifacts are neat and fun.

BUT what is just unbareable are:

- Making some encounters so darn hard that its gotto be done with exacly the right setup or zerg only. (Its just to many encounters like that)

- Faction - The moron who thought of it shouldnt really work with gamecreation etc. Why would anyone want to princilply solo hordes of slowpopping or serging or messing/stunning mobs for days on end just to be able to talk to a mob necessary for a quest ?

- Lousy hardware or lousy programming. You really cant create a game and expect payment for it and then not deliver a playable product. Get a grip, if you expect to have 300 paying customers you are supposed to make the game zones able to handle that amount of players moving in them. (Toa is just to laggy/ld:y

- To much meaningless aggro to travell. A part of a huge new and exciting zone is the adventure of travelling around seeing the new graphics etc. Then you really cant make a game with so much aggro thats its impossible for newbies to the area to travel around sightseeing.

- ML's: Not much to say...if you want to create quests/tasks that alot of people have to gather together and do, why would you divide that into both small and big group requirements ? (Make all mlsteps BG steps and not group/solo, that just makes it harder for people to have fun) Instead make the mobs abit more intelligent and allow them to get a fitting degree of difficulty for the amount of players attacking it.)

/Charmangle

Inca

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with some of what is above.

ML's are fundamentally a joke, it is too much down to luck as to whether you go ld or not during the raid, most of the ml's you can almost afk your way round cause you just zerg it, the only remotely interesting bits are the group steps where you have to actually pay attention, ML5 for example, even ML7 most of the group steps are just chaining thru mobs, it isn't overly challenging, although is slightly different to the other mls.

I do actually quite enjoy 2.10 (before they made it very easy) cause people have to actually act with common sense and some level of intellegence about how you set the groups. That said its bloody painful when you do your part right and you have to rely on other people who are seemingly clueless etc...

All in all i do hate ml's, there just a pain in the ass, but hey despite blatant lies, most classes need certain ml's often as high as 8 to even stand a chance in rvr.

Quests are annoying but they often provide a cheap altenative to arti's, or you can certainly make a basic template using them and then add rare drops and arti's as and when you get them.

TOA lag is crap and they make ml's which blatantly are gonna attract 80-120 people to do em (to get teh bloody things out of the way) and the servers can nowhere near handle it. That is a pure frustration but at the end of the day TOA had to come out. Games have limited life and have to change to keep people interested. Had TOA not of come out by now everyone would have farmed SI quests and TG to death, and almost everyone would be walking round with the same characters. TOA did at leat bring some diversity as you can no longer cap everything and despite "common" elements of alot of characters there is some variance now as to what people prioritise. If did offer new realms and new game idea's and quite frankly any expansion they bring out will always cause problems. Yes they did go back on some of their promises but at least they brought new elements to the game etc, some stuff is still stupidly overpowered like grapple etc but even so, at least rvr changed and evolved, as to a point, so did pve.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Charmangle has a great list there, I agree with all those points. I'd add, however, that the reason for ToA being a pain for many as far as I can assess, is to do with the huge array of new things there are to do in toa, coupled with no obvious place to hang out in the new zones. With such an enormous array of artifacts it's too rare that you see other players when you're looking for a particular artifact... they are all looking for their own artifacts elsewhere, or doing master levels, or trying to work out their SC templates, nowadays the population is really spread thinly.

I'm hoping that the Catacombs expansion concentrates on fun, rather than being a place to farm mobs, I hope the whole place is a non-respawning zone, that you play as an adventure, rather than the pharming spot type zones we've had since the start. We'll have to see, but it'll be spring/summer by the time we get Catacombs, which for many will be WAY WAY WAY too late.

Brite

Banned
i knew toa would be a pain in the ass but has been more of a pain in the ass than i thought

at first i only logged on to do MLs raids as i thought rvr would be pointless, i wanted to actualy finish a template before i went back to rvr

i got ml10 and started working on artis

found a way to solo quite high lvls mobs and abused a few and made myself a lot of plats, bought most stuff instead of farming and soloed all but 2 of my artis

now i have
tartaros 10
croc ring 10
nailahs vest 10
mad scalars 10
ceremonial bracers 10
cloudsong 10
atlantis tablet 3

band of stars 10 in vault

toa is too much pve.... if you want to have the best stuff you need to spend the time it takes getting to 50 x 2, and there is no clear goal, the only clear goal for me when i started was ml10... which is why i got that first and didn't bother with anything else

Indio

Fledgling Freddie
I still don't get what TOA is all about :confused:

You HAVE to form big groups to get ML's and this causes the lag probs most of us are familiar with - result is you often have to repeat the ML to get the steps you missed through LD's. Having got the ML what is your reward - some crap ability which fires for 10 seconds every 15 minutes?

You HAVE to form big groups to get the juicy arti's and then you have to camp the damn thing for ever to get a shot at it. Not to mention the arguments which often ensue ....

Having got the arti then comes the grind of levelling it and boy is there a HUGE difference in difficulty between artis (my BoM took a week, SoG took 7 weeks and ended at 90% dur).

At the end of all this pain your toon is a mega-god all kitted out for some kickass RvR, but ------ all the albs and hibs have EXACTLY the same abilities as you !!! doh my head hurts :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom