Artifact Revoke System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
mmk, I've got a dorment character I've had going for quite a bit now, I spent about 90p on this guy getting him kitting out and whatnot with Arti's/Items/Scrolls. But I don't really play him anymore and there's a few good arti's on him... And I was just wondering if GoA/Mythic have or it has been suggested to them about a NPC which, when you give your arti into him, gives you back the unactivated artifact and the 3 scrolls?

Imho, I think this would be a great idea. I'm sure alot of you have a few dorment characters, (some still naked :E) with artifacts on them, that you don't play anymore and would maybe like to take them off and get some cash back.

I havn't played my char for ages now and I don't intend to, though I did when I created the character and did intend to play him alot, so I don't see why there should be someone who could give you back the arti with the scrolls. It would save you deleting a character with 50p worth of arti's on him, no?

There ofc would be systems to prevent such people from abusing this. Like the arti would have to be lvl10 to hand it back in (so the Arbiter has got to know all about its power (think this would fit in with game-play) and if you choose to "de-activate" an artifact on one char you wouldn't be able to activate it again or something along the lines of that...

With them bringing out 1.81 patch, all the things they have made so easy-mode why not do something that is actually helpfull to the community ? I think this is a far better idea than what they are to implement with 1.81. (Ofc I would be biased as it's my idea! :p)

Please discuss, I would like to know what your thoughts and ideas are on this.

Regards,

Haggy x

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
Peeps spoke about this before i think. Good idea imo. will mean u get ur cash and can help those who are having a hard time if needed. tho will never happen.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
1.81 means all scrolls drops really really often though, and you dont need the dropped arti anymore so, what good would your suggestion really do the community?

You say:

"With them bringing out 1.81 patch, all the things they have made so easy-mode why not do something that is actually helpfull to the community ? I think this is a far better idea than what they are to implement with 1.81. (Ofc I would be biased as it's my idea! )"

I would say that farming a book in 20min or so, no need of arti, is infact helpful and make it alot faster and easier. They also cut down the time needed to lvl up artis aswell which also is helpful.

Have you even read 1.81 patchnotes Haggus? I really doubt you have read them properly.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Yes Shike I have read them. But them making it so easy and me spending 90p on a character that is now going to waste. And yes it is going to waste.

If they are going to impement this then they should have made it like this when ToA came out, because now when people have spent so much time and effort getting the chars sorted with arti's, they bring in this and you only need the scrolls to get it ?

This would go down very well with 1.81 imo.

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Haggus said:
Yes Shike I have read them. But them making it so easy and me spending 90p on a character that is now going to waste. And yes it is going to waste.

If they are going to impement this then they should have made it like this when ToA came out, because now when people have spent so much time and effort getting the chars sorted with arti's, they bring in this and you only need the scrolls to get it ?

Are we abit selfish perhaps? Just cause you had a rough time equipping your characters you should be happy that new people, or excisting people doing new characters dont have to go through the same thing like you did.
Its just about as patheic to read as hearing those old people saying that us youngsters have it way to easy today and we should have been out working when we were 7y-o cause they have.

I have 5 characters ML10 fully toad. I even had to redo all templates because I was unlucky to get scammed. And quite honestly I spend more like 250-400 plats each time per character than 90 plat. So yeah, I pity you.

Why dont you just look at the bright sides instead? What do you need 90 plats for? TOA'ing another character? Well newsflash for you my mega meight. TOAing character will be piss easy in 1.81 so this will benefit you too.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Haggus said:

BOHO!

omg I spent 90p on a char and others might not have to do that!

hi Justin!

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
who the fuck are you Heta?

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
cemi0 said:
Are we abit selfish perhaps? Just cause you had a rough time equipping your characters you should be happy that new people, or excisting people doing new characters dont have to go through the same thing like you did.
Its just about as patheic to read as hearing those old people saying that us youngsters have it way to easy today and we should have been out working when we were 7y-o cause they have.

I have 5 characters ML10 fully toad. I even had to redo all templates because I was unlucky to get scammed. And quite honestly I spend more like 250-400 plats each time per character than 90 plat. So yeah, I pity you.

Why dont you just look at the bright sides instead? What do you need 90 plats for? TOA'ing another character? Well newsflash for you my mega meight. TOAing character will be piss easy in 1.81 so this will benefit you too.

If you play all them chars then GL with that.

This is just a suggestion for those chars that have alot of dust on em so that people could put em to good use.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
fuck it you know what. Delete thread please.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I kinda agree with cemi0 on this one.

Bringing this into the game would benefit a relatively small number of players in your situation rather than be a generic panacea for the DAOC community. I think it would end up getting used as a cash-farming tool and do even more damage to DAOCs already hyperinflational economy.

I think 1.81 gives enough lubricant to the ToA engine, and introducing a Marks & Spencer-type "refund if not happy" policy would dilute the whole idea behind getting artifacts even more.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Shouldn't you know? Your the one who posted in my thread. Which was a load of shit and no benifit to it what so ever

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
imagened all the RN tickets about accidently trading back artifacts and droping dem on ground

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
why not just make the artifacts like normal items and tradeable, that might make u happy

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Haggus said:

Costs that you have had are already lost cash you know, beeing selfish and wanting back cash just because others will have it easy to make new templates is abit.. weird dont you think? :)

I have TOAd alot of toons and probably spent over a mithril all in all aswell as a lot of time, I aint complaining at all, on the contrary, I am happy since it means that the next toon I decide to TOA will go so much faster and I am thankful for that. It is a good change that benefit a large majority of all players I think.

With your way of logic we can set up this example:

I go to a store and look around for a new widescreenTV, it costs 1000 pounds and I decide to look around if I find it cheaper somewhere. One store have it for 800 pounds and I think its a neat deal and buy it asap. I then have my TV for 6 months and for fun, I check the prices again and see that it has gone down to 400 pounds since I bought it.

With my logic I dont really care much about it and /shrug, nothing more to it. I might buy another one for my bedroom since they are so cheap now!

With your logic you contact the local newspapers and want an article made about how you lost 400 pounds and want them back. Perhaps even give back the TV and get 800 pounds back and buy 2 new TVs instead?

See the thing is, you already used those 90p or whatever it was, its gone, you cant whine about how things get cheaper or free just because you once spent cash on it. Things just doesnt work that way mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom