Artifact drop rates?

Gama

Fledgling Freddie
After farming scrolls 1, 2, and 3 of the Aglidarsh's Belt, I went to the sages toa website to see which mob i needed to kill to get the artifact itself...

Orange con to lvl 50 mob

Great! I won't even need to bother trying to get some people to help me kill it, so off I swim to its location, kill the monster, see on my status bar 'You have finished the Oglidarsh Belt Encounter Quest' press F7, coin, get the, F7 again, nothing. So i guess 'ah, atrifact must have dropped straigh to my bag'! nope.

So, slightly pissed off, i camp the mob again, kill him, again, get told i have finished the encounter quest again, whats dropped? nothing but coins, again.

I go kill it one last time, and yet again, just coins...

What the hell? i thought artifact encounters dropped an unactivated artifact 100% of the time.

Ive got screen shots of me getting told i have completed the encounter, and the only loot dropping being a bag of coins.

Is this a bug, or have they decided to go ahead and remove artifacts as a pre-emptive hot fix?

Gama

Fledgling Freddie
Oh right, thanks :)

It just seems quite strange with that message about completing the encounter coming up, and all...

Dedaith

Fledgling Freddie
Some ppl just buy the artifact+scrolls, but then you still need credit for the kill, thats why you get the msg.
Not only do you need artifact+scrolls you also need credit, hope this clears everything up.

Sigurd

Banned
Oh you're going to discover the joys of ToA... oh yes... you'll be spending more time on artifacts and master levels than you did getting to 50, fun eh? Mythic must have realised how much every DAoC player loves PvE :rolleyes:

Dedaith

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
Oh you're going to discover the joys of ToA... oh yes... you'll be spending more time on artifacts and master levels than you did getting to 50, fun eh?

It took me 9 months to get my first 50, so I doubt it'll take that long for my healer to get all ML's done :touch:
And ToA is a PvE expansion afterall, it's what the whole thing is about :p

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe Siguard was referring to the odd bug that ToA has been known to exhibit. Check the 1.68 patch notes. You shouldn't really get the message without the drop imo. ToA was clearly not designed for people buying scrolls etc - you are supposed to do these encounters yourself, for all your characters.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Not that I know anything, but think about it... artifact.. 100% drop!? :p

I thought you had to pharm lik fuckin hell to get the artifacts.

Dedaith

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:
Not that I know anything, but think about it... artifact.. 100% drop!? :p

I thought you had to pharm lik fuckin hell to get the artifacts.

Some are, but not all, you still need to farm the 3 matching scrolls tho.

gervaise said:
Maybe Siguard was referring to the odd bug that ToA has been known to exhibit. Check the 1.68 patch notes. You shouldn't really get the message without the drop imo. ToA was clearly not designed for people buying scrolls etc - you are supposed to do these encounters yourself, for all your characters.

The bug is about ppl 'not' getting credit for a kill, Gama was getting credit but not the artifact, this is not a bug.
Trading scrolls actually is part of the game, also you can trade artifacts untill they are activated.
What else to do with spare scrolls you cant use?
And you indeed need to do the encounter yourself, thats what the message showing you completed the encounter is for.
But you dont have to get the artifact from the encounter only the credit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom