Arti farming

Gramm

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
Basically, those people who are whining over this are those who dont have a ml9 summon SM, same as with buffbots ages ago.

And yes, I dont sell all myu Gov's, guildies and new chars need em aswell :)

What he said!

Sye said:
Artifact's are suppose to be hard to get, and atm they aint if you got the right class. So making them harder means less people wil get them and RvR will be fun again ;)

Are you one of those Kalba are talking about? That's just a wild guess.

And as Hroft already stated your theory about harder-to-get artifacts = more RvR might not be so true.

I think you have to see it from a larger perspective mate, what will happen to the balance RvR-wise if the artifact would take like 5 full groups to do one encounter? It will certanily not make it more even between the realms, thats how I see it at least.

My point of view of how to make RvR "fun" again is completely different than yours. Do we remember back then pre-ToA when it was so easy to get a char up and running with SI SC? I think the RvR activity all over would increase if ToA was a tad easier to "complete" than it is now. And I hope this will be the case when the next patch goes live and at least scrolls will be easier to get the hands on.

Though I do realize that the impact of the glorious expansion with the sweet and original name "New Frontiers" have had its meanings to the RvR activity and sub-cancelings aswell.

Sye said:
if the arti's are harder to get, why have u got to nerf anything?

I don't understand the question :confused:

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
least scrolls will be easier to get the hands on.

dont think so.

now - i hunt mob type X for Y scroll - and afte Z time it will drop.
will be - i hunt any red con centaur/cyclop/taur, get shitloads of all this zone's scrolls hoping that i get one that i need....

crappy change imo.

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
Gramm said:
I think you have to see it from a larger perspective mate, what will happen to the balance RvR-wise if the artifact would take like 5 full groups to do one encounter? It will certanily not make it more even between the realms, thats how I see it at least.

Your missing my point.

I didnt mean make the mobs lvl 100 so it takes half the realm to kill, i meant make a minimum number of people that have to be in a group for the arti to drop, not a minimum so the mob can be killed.

Also im not just talking about Midgard, but all the realms, otherwise it would be pointless.

If there was a minimum set then you wouldn't have to nerf certain classes, and ruin the characters even more than they already have

Gramm

Fledgling Freddie
Haldar said:
dont think so.

now - i hunt mob type X for Y scroll - and afte Z time it will drop.
will be - i hunt any red con centaur/cyclop/taur, get shitloads of all this zone's scrolls hoping that i get one that i need....

crappy change imo.

Alright I misunderstood it then :( was hoping for an increase of the chance to get the scrolls to drop off their respective mobs. But oh well..

Sye said:
Your missing my point.

I didnt mean make the mobs lvl 100 so it takes half the realm to kill, i meant make a minimum number of people that have to be in a group for the arti to drop, not a minimum so the mob can be killed.

Also im not just talking about Midgard, but all the realms, otherwise it would be pointless.

If there was a minimum set then you wouldn't have to nerf certain classes, and ruin the characters even more than they already have

Alright I got it. Yea it would be a way to prevent this "ml9 pet + bb run by" but you should still keep in mind that even if they won't get anything out of it, it is still possible to ruin an encounter by pulling the mob(well maybe not the hard-to-kill-ones) And I - for one- know that this will happen if this rule is made. It's a computer-game, some people don't give a f*ck about others in-game :)

So what would you prefer? Waiting 5+ hours for a pop, a random lamer runs by killing it with ML9 + bb and you both gets nothing which leads you to wait for 5+ hours more?
Or lets say you're wealthy ingame and you could actually go buy that GoV the random lamer just got by pulling your mob?

As said before I can only speak for myself, but if I really had the money(which is 30p+ in case it's GoV) and would have to wait for so long time I would rather go buy my precious artifact, after all its just plats, they come and they go :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Gramm said:
...after all its just plats, they come and they go :)

Very true. If you want loads of cash, go get ML3, then take an extremely good group to DV (Deep Volcanus, ML7 dungeon, ML3 required to enter), and farm cash there.

An RR8 Paladin mate of mine took her ML8 cleric to DV, and made 200p in 3 days farming DV.

So if ya wanna make shit loads of cash, its out there. Just go get it

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
Gramm said:
So what would you prefer? Waiting 5+ hours for a pop, a random lamer runs by killing it with ML9 + bb and you both gets nothing which leads you to wait for 5+ hours more?
Or lets say you're wealthy ingame and you could actually go buy that GoV the random lamer just got by pulling your mob?

If there was a minimum number of people set in a group for the encounter there wouldn't be any need for long timers on the repop. If someone is gonna try farm a certain arti they would need 7 (example) more people to farm with them in stead of camping and wasting their own time

kivik

Part of the furniture
Sourcream said:
lol kivik i'm not real sour cause i help people ? >.< :eek7:

did I say that? no

just wanted to know if you where the real sourcream cause you sure don't talk like he did.

Sourcream

Fledgling Freddie
i was owner of acc , but i didn't like it , so he played it for a while but i played sometimes etc he quitted , i continued :) so you prolly know me :) had to toa char etc raise in RRs so

Gramm

Fledgling Freddie
Sye said:
If there was a minimum number of people set in a group for the encounter there wouldn't be any need for long timers on the repop.

See, that's an idea I can relate to :cheers: now we just need Mythic to listen. I guess that will be the hardest part ;)

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Tbh, ToA is a lot easier to do now than it was back in the day.

So the "easier toa" has allready been done by the fact that there's less people toaing characters.(Read: camping Danos)

This affects ML raids tho :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom