[ART] Advanced street art thread

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
While watching an audio commentation (is that a word?) of GRL's (Graffiti Research Lab) founders they showed some very, very interesting and cool pictures/clips from streetartists (among themselves) and i thought that i wanted to share this kinda art with you guys.
im just gonna post up some videos and pictures and hope you'll enjoy it.

the nametag:
YouTube - Graffiti Research Lab
[youtubevid]W18eiIpYeRk[/youtubevid]
LED throwies
YouTube - Make Podcast: Graffiti Research Lab Throwies at the Maker Fa
[youtubevid]wj7WXt6ZjBU[/youtubevid]
YouTube - LED throwies Demo
[youtubevid]TrnLF04qmsM[/youtubevid]
Mark Jenkins, Embed # series:
YouTube - EMBED #4
[youtubevid]tlN5X8ec3LA[/youtubevid]
Frozen Grand Central happening (not from GRL dvd but its cool):
YouTube - Frozen Grand Central
[youtubevid]jwMj3PJDxuo[/youtubevid]
and of course the huge projector tags on buildings:
YouTube - All you see is...
[youtubevid]EFWcAkxzkv4[/youtubevid]

these are just a few of videoes. if you can find the GRL dvd and watch it.
its call GRL Sundance if i got it correctly.
Enjoy

Bahumat

FH is my second home
The first video i do not see as art. My reasons are this;

1) No artistic skill is involved. sticking a name tag on a stick and following someone round does not require any form of artistic skill.

2) You cannot (imo) say this "idea" is art. It's funny...for about 2 seconds, then you lose interest. He just walks round the shops etc.

3) This reminds me of the people who say "ooh look at my art" then have a video of them over 5 years, a photo of themselves every day to see how they changed. It's not art, if anything its an experiment!

4) Lets say its a new funky art and im too n00b to understand...well where is the information about it? If its in another video they have failed, if explanation is there...I wanna see it in the same video.

Things like this annoy me because I just see them as an intuitive little gimmick. I am going to watch the other videos so may add further comments.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I love the way the interviewer says "Yeah graffiti, public art". It's a form of art, but its also vandalism lol. You cant just go round painting stuff on other peoples property without their permission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom