Armsman spec?

G

Gimly

Re: True sword and board>

Originally posted by old.Ashgen
If sword and board go 50/50 mate.

Then with crafted items, and RR, you will be +12 on both in no time.

Casters will love you, clerics will love you ... and after block block block block, other tanks will hate you.

Mercs are for damage mate, always remember that true tanks do not give damage, they take it for others.

Just of view of course ;)

I went with 50 shield 44 slash 37 parry :) also have MoB 2, clerics tend to buff me then go afk :)

Originally posted by Ozwaldo
Well everytime I Parry I must be imagining it and every time in RvR and PvE someone yells God Oz you Parry alot they must be strange voices im hearing in my head.

The Proof that Parry works is in a Armsman fully specced in Pole and Parry thats been playing over a year telling you it does not a sum formula.

Dont you mean..

Gimly blocks the attack against you
You parry the attack against you

:p

S

soz--

you like boards? make a pala or start snowboarding :p

i say
50 pole
42 shield
34 slash
20 parry

of course that needs RR6 for 50 slash but you can always lower parry to get more slash :).i like slash cause it gives the 1hand option against heavy pbt groups :p we all know how oober thrust styles are >.<

and btw 16.2DPS 6.0SPD / 16.5DPS 5.8SPD
cool speed on slash poles :)

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by lofff
trusth has better bonus than slash. crap styles ofc, but hell b using pole styles.

It depends what you hit the most.

and I would swap lower pole damage (+10% to thrust vulnerable) ANYDAY for a good s/s ability. Thrust+Shield = :ROFLMAO:

edit:

and what SoZ said :)

B

Bodzilla

eh.. i know that..

BUT AM AUTOTRAINING TRUSTH, NOT SLASH.

try to figure it out..

not that hard to understand..

u wont get the autotrain extra points on slash, but u wil do on trusth, which is the objetive.

mmk

Slash+thrust auto train for armsmen, swapping from 1 spec to the other will not give you any extra points.

Respeccing from slash/thrust to crush, you'd lose points.
Respeccing from crush to slash/thrust you'd benefit from autotrain.

K

Kahland

s/s

Well i'm s/s/parry

spec as me and you'll parry the so called lucky first hand way all the time vs. dw's??

not sure though but ppl mention it after i killed them ;)

O

old.windforce

as a sword & board arms you can go

50 shield 28 parry = 78 "defense points"
42 shield 39 parry = 81 "defense points"

so unless you like the level 50 shieldstyle brutalise (=slam after block for medium endurence) the second option is better

<on a side note>
when i run into a single enemie (mostly tanks or assasins) i don't tend to use slam alot, unless they run. The endurence costs of slam are very high and the style has no bonus to hit <thinks purge too>. I feel it is more effective to jam amathyst / diamond. Totally different story when grouped with paladins :D or protecting casters

K

Kahland

mm

I agree with you there. But to lower the slam endurance cost use a small shield. :)

F

Farquady

I'm 44crush(+11) 47pole(+11) and 39parry(+9).

And I hit like a mad man, yestarday I had (with a nice critical) on a SB a dmg of 750 so don't tell me that pole is that bad, now when ya look at parry I'm completly with Ozzy (the sex god and wild stallion) Parry is uber on polearm, let them all come, I parry like hell, if ya don't believe it, I'll keep my eyes on it, and give ya a % for that... only problem I have now is how slow I am :)

L

lofff

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok
It depends what you hit the most.

and I would swap lower pole damage (+10% to thrust vulnerable) ANYDAY for a good s/s ability. Thrust+Shield = :ROFLMAO:

edit:

and what SoZ said :)

u wont see many polers hitting with 1handed weapons, and its not 10% its 20% on middie chain, almost every middie class ull fight in emain (--> healers <--, shammys, skalds, warriors and thanes \o/) Plus every hib class is neutral to trusth (u wont ever have penalty on hibbies)

But aye, slash is a 2nd option f u really gonna use 1handed and since slash polers have a sweet speed.

L

lofff

Originally posted by Bodzilla
Slash+thrust auto train for armsmen, swapping from 1 spec to the other will not give you any extra points.

Respeccing from slash/thrust to crush, you'd lose points.
Respeccing from crush to slash/thrust you'd benefit from autotrain.

ok since u are been rather confusing and repeating the same instead of explaining more clearly i believe ur trying to b funny. As far as i know armsman is the only class autotraining 2 skills, so unless ur "trying" to tell me that speccing on slash will cancel autotrain on trusth (which is preety silly) ur still wrong, cos u are talking as if slash/trusth was 1 skill and crush another.

L

lofff

Re: Re: Re: Re: Armsman spec?

Well everytime I Parry I must be imagining it and every time in RvR and PvE someone yells God Oz you Parry alot they must be strange voices im hearing in my head.

The Proof that Parry works is in a Armsman fully specced in Pole and Parry thats been playing over a year telling you it does not a sum formula.

yep, u mean u have been playing 1 year ur character always with ur 50 parry and proud, and u mean that u are sure that u parry a lot more than any1 with less parry, and technically u should but in the end the different isnt noticeable (altho so many ppl tells u how much u parry) and not worth it.

Anyway all those who tell parry is a lifesaver etc.. U are tanks, when u are in a rvr group u are buffed, ur first targets MUST b enemy support classes and casters, and/or stun enemy tanks on ur support classes/casters (slam, f u are a full poler u cant defend ur gorup) So f fight goes ok by the time u are facing enemy tanks u have alrdy won, and while it comes u are stuck to different support/caster classes which wont hit u (no parry needed) u might have 1-3 enemy tanks on u trying to save/protect their groupies BUT u are not facing em so parry wont work, its ur TANK nature, heavy armour and hps, ur cleric heals (and buffs) what makes u "tank" em, stay alive while killing ur targets etc

U guys have a wrong concept of ur rol in rvr. Parry is preety useless.

ps: A stunned (melee stuns been the best ones in game due to not been afected by resists) target cant evade/block/parry or use ip or anything, slam will help u killing, slam will allow u to defend ur groupies..

hybrid = wtg.

A

Aravis

ok since u are been rather confusing and repeating the same instead of explaining more clearly i believe ur trying to b funny. As far as i know armsman is the only class autotraining 2 skills, so unless ur "trying" to tell me that speccing on slash will cancel autotrain on trusth (which is preety silly) ur still wrong, cos u are talking as if slash/trusth was 1 skill and crush another.

Armsman A levels to 40 putting his points in thrust/slash. When he respecs the game reduces his skill in thrust/slash to 1 BUT then spends the points needed to get to 10 skill from the points you get back.

Armsman B levels to 40 putting his points in crush. When he respecs the game reduces his skill in crush to 1 BUT doesn't spend any points as crush does not autotrain.

Armsman B now has a lovely 54 extra points to spend in parry...

From the Camelot herald...
Now, on to the respec thing. When you activate your respec, the game will check your character to see if you have any autotrain lines that have a minimum attached to them. If our paladin is level 50, the game will automatically assign points to the autotrain lines until they are both at 12, before our paladin does anything else. (The game calculates what the minimum level should be depending on your level.)

Why? Well, if a player autotrained, the points he had were “free” – and to prevent abuse of the system, those free points must be assigned to the line from which they came. However, code is an if/then, either/or kind of thing, and the game cannot tell if the training you did at level whatever was the result of an autotrain or a choice on your part. So the points are automatically deducted.

S

SoulFly Amarok

u wont see many polers hitting with 1handed weapons.

Hmm? No ? Slam -> pole styles -> back to s/s is what people should do, when not guarding a groupie, use pole when not getting hit.

u might have 1-3 enemy tanks on u trying to save/protect their groupies BUT u are not facing em so parry wont work, its ur TANK nature, heavy armour and hps, ur cleric heals (and buffs) what makes u "tank" em, stay alive while killing ur targets etc..[/B]

Well, I have no idea, how you play, but when I'm killing the support, I tend to hit them so, that the people who hit me are in front of me, allowing me to block&parry. Not to even mention when your healers are dead, parry's quite usefull.

its not 10% its 20% on middie chain.

I have no idea, what patch you are living in, but the melee resistance was +/- 15% in earlier patches. It's been +/- 10% for a few patches now.

hybrid = wtg.
Umm.. not exactly. You can't buy determination or cheap ip/purge, which makes a large difference between the hybrids and the pure "tank" class.

edit: typos!

V

Validus

mine is 50 slash 50 shield and the rest into parry.

only coz i just luuuv the combos, my favourite one is:

amethyst as backup to brutalize always.
when i pull off brutalize i strafe a bit (no i never miss coz of it)
and do side slash. then i do riposte, and then befuddler.
after that its riposte with amethyst as backup all the way until i'm out of endruance.

of course i only do that when i pve, need to fiddle a bit with engage when against other players.

slam is very useful in zerg rvr or when u cant wait to stun someone, or when ur opponent is near death and u want to avoid him using ip.
dont have a lot of experience in rvr though so not completely sure about that.

L

lofff

Originally posted by Aravis
Armsman A levels to 40 putting his points in thrust/slash. When he respecs the game reduces his skill in thrust/slash to 1 BUT then spends the points needed to get to 10 skill from the points you get back.

Armsman B levels to 40 putting his points in crush. When he respecs the game reduces his skill in crush to 1 BUT doesn't spend any points as crush does not autotrain.

Armsman B now has a lovely 54 extra points to spend in parry...

From the Camelot herald...
Now, on to the respec thing. When you activate your respec, the game will check your character to see if you have any autotrain lines that have a minimum attached to them. If our paladin is level 50, the game will automatically assign points to the autotrain lines until they are both at 12, before our paladin does anything else. (The game calculates what the minimum level should be depending on your level.)

Why? Well, if a player autotrained, the points he had were “free” – and to prevent abuse of the system, those free points must be assigned to the line from which they came. However, code is an if/then, either/or kind of thing, and the game cannot tell if the training you did at level whatever was the result of an autotrain or a choice on your part. So the points are automatically deducted.

ok my friend, u been telling this ALL THE DAMN THREAD, i alrdy know this, BUT AM NOT RESPECCING TO GET THE AUTOTRAIN BY RESPECCING. Am training slash, so TRUSTH, which is a different skill, autotrains, then i respec TO TRUSTH. Is it really THAT hard to understand? SLASH AND TRUSTH ARE 2 DIFFERENT SKILLS.

jeezus

L

lofff

>Hmm? No ? Slam -> pole styles -> back to s/s is what people should do, when not guarding a groupie\getting hit.

That is, only back to s/s to use slam, when hitting u use ur pole.

>Well, I have no idea, how you play, but when I'm killing the support, I tend to hit them so, that the people who hit me are in front of me, allowing me to block&parry. Not to even mention when your healers are dead, parry's quite usefull.

well, ihave no idea who are u playing against, but unless u talk bout pve, ppl who is hitting u while u whack other person wont let u face em, theyll hit ur back, and u cant avoid it unless u stop hitting that person.

>I have no idea, what patch you are living in, but the melee resistance was +/- 15% in earlier patches. It's been +/- 10% for a few patches now.

Mid chain has 10% PENALTY on slash, 10% BONUS on trusth, 10 + 10 = 20% mmk?

>Umm.. not exactly. You can't buy determination or cheap ip/purge, which makes a large difference between the hybrids and the pure "tank" class.

Am talking about spec, hybrid spec = wtg.

Did soulfly sell his acc to a fool? :rolleyes:

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by SF
>Hmm? No ? Slam -> pole styles -> back to s/s is what people should do, when not guarding a groupie\getting hit.

(What I meant there, that you use s/s when getting hit.)

That is, only back to s/s to use slam, when hitting u use ur pole.

Ofcourse you use your pole after slam. What I said :eek:

well, ihave no idea who are u playing against, but unless u talk bout pve, ppl who is hitting u while u whack other person wont let u face em, theyll hit ur back, and u cant avoid it unless u stop hitting that person.

PVP. Or, do you read what you actually write when you post?
And the hell you can avoid it.

Mid chain has 10% PENALTY on slash, 10% BONUS on trusth, 10 + 10 = 20% mmk?

What the ? lol.

Am talking about spec, hybrid spec = wtg.

Then tell us that.

Did soulfly sell his acc to a fool? :rolleyes:

Who's the fool here?

L

lofff

Soulfly can u reread the previous posts? cos u are been preety silly.

1- Yes u go S/S, true, but what i stated and u quoted is that u wont use ur 1handed meaning u wont b hitting with a 1handed trusth weapon.. u will hit with ur shield and ur pole, not with ur 1handed weapon.. DONT B AN IDIOT.

2- Yes, i assume we talking about RvR, but what u are trying to say is only doable in PvE, enemy players have brains, and so u CANNOT avoid em hitting ur back UNLESS u stop facing ur target.. thats a fact. DONT B AN IDIOT.

3- Mid chain is resistant to slash, meaning that 10% penalty, -10%. I believe u understand this. Mid chain is vulnerable to trusth, meaning that 10% bonus. I believe u understand this. So, difference from a slash poler, an a trusth poler, will b 20%. This u aint understanding guess maths aint ur best. DONT B AN IDIOT.

4- We are talking about armsmen specs, we are discussing whats best, full polers, full s/s or HYBRID spec. Thus when i say hybrid = wtg, IT IS OBVIOUS that am refering to hybrid spec. DONT B AN IDIOT.

Finally, u are been the fool. Seriously.. stop been a fool.

O

Ozwaldo

Laughs at Loffs experiance to tell everyone how to play a Armsman

Level 45 Arms Realm Rank 2

S

SoulFly Amarok

Soulfly can u reread the previous posts? cos u are been preety silly.

1- Yes u go S/S, true, but what i stated and u quoted is that u wont use ur 1handed meaning u wont b hitting with a 1handed trusth weapon.. u will hit with ur shield and ur pole, not with ur 1handed weapon.. DONT B AN IDIOT.

The point was going slash has this advantage (to use s/s nicely), thrust, well, sucks too much to use this, but it still is there.

2- Yes, i assume we talking about RvR, but what u are trying to say is only doable in PvE, enemy players have brains, and so u CANNOT avoid em hitting ur back UNLESS u stop facing ur target.. thats a fact. DONT B AN IDIOT.

If you know what we were talking about, why bring PVE up ?
So, basically you are saying, that I don't have the brains to change position quickly so they can't hit me from behind? You are the f***ing idiot. :lol: Sure, when I change position fast, I won't be facing my target for say, 1sec max ;)

3- Mid chain is resistant to slash, meaning that 10% penalty, -10%. I believe u understand this. Mid chain is vulnerable to trusth, meaning that 10% bonus. I believe u understand this. So, difference from a slash poler, an a trusth poler, will b 20%. This u aint understanding guess maths aint ur best. DONT B AN IDIOT.

Yes, you might want to be a bit more clear on things. :doh:

4- We are talking about armsmen specs, we are discussing whats best, full polers, full s/s or HYBRID spec. Thus when i say hybrid = wtg, IT IS OBVIOUS that am refering to hybrid spec. DONT B AN IDIOT.

:scared:

Finally, u are been the fool. Seriously.. stop been a fool. [/B]

Getting bit tence are we :great:

L

Lochlyessa

Few things..

1) If you train slash to auto train thrust, you gain nothing, as both lines get autotrained when you respec. Comprehende? Bodzilla kinda made this clear, but I'm guessing you have trouble reading english.

2)If you're going to RvR, you will use 1h styles. why? Guarding casters. Oh and for slam > pole, if you're any good, you'll hit unstyled with your 1h first, to clear any bt, then slam.

3) If you're attacking tanks in RvR, you're really not doing your job properly. Slash has slower pole spd, hence it's better for polers true job, attacking casters. Btw, cloth is neutral to everything, just in case you didn't know.

4) I'm not going to raise the subject of bad english and grammar anymore, because it may not be your first language. But at least try and understand peoples posts (ie bod's) without slagging them off, and also, don't call people idiots when you can't even spell the phrase.

A

Aravis

ok my friend, u been telling this ALL THE DAMN THREAD, i alrdy know this, BUT AM NOT RESPECCING TO GET THE AUTOTRAIN BY RESPECCING. Am training slash, so TRUSTH, which is a different skill, autotrains, then i respec TO TRUSTH. Is it really THAT hard to understand? SLASH AND TRUSTH ARE 2 DIFFERENT SKILLS.

my suggestion:

50pole
42shield
39thrust (go slash to 40 and then respec to trusth, so u autotrain a few points)
rest parry

Your original point, was that by autotraining slash then respeccing to thrust you'll get the autotrain points to spend.

(Next bit in Caps as it may help it get through to you)
YOU WON'T GET ANY EXTRA POINTS BY SPECCING IN SLASH THEN RESPECCING TO THRUST SO YOU MIGHT AS WELL TRAIN IN THE ONE YOU WANT TO USE AT 50.

L

lofff

Laughs at Loffs experiance to tell everyone how to play a Armsman

Level 45 Arms Realm Rank 2

sorry retard try and read again my sig, i dont have an arsman, but ive played this game more than enuff and killed too many armsmen..

plus i give arguments, u jsut talk shit.

go away.

O

old.TeaSpoon

sorry retard try and read again my sig, i dont have an arsman, but ive played this game more than enuff and killed too many armsmen..

plus i give arguments, u jsut talk shit.

go away.

If your going to put it down to being a retard, take a look at your posts and learn from other peoples. If your going to argue about the Slash/Thrust auto issue, learn to spell it. :)

I think the rest of you need to chill out tho. :)

L

lofff

The point was going slash has this advantage (to use s/s nicely), thrust, well, sucks too much to use this, but it still is there.

If you know what we were talking about, why bring PVE up ?
So, basically you are saying, that I don't have the brains to change position quickly so they can't hit me from behind? You are the f***ing idiot. :lol: Sure, when I change position fast, I won't be facing my target for say, 1sec max ;)

1- what is the advantage f u are not really using slash, u are using ur shield.

2- no, u are the one pretending that X number enemies dont have brains to changue position quickly and hit u from behind while u are busy hitting his support mate. U are the fucking idiot. I use backpositioned style in duels, with my oponent stuck to me, what makes u think it would b hard when my opponent is attacking somebody else?

Dont need to b clear about the 20% bonus difference since u should know it, f u dont dunno why u talk about it.

Anyway...

L

lofff

Originally posted by Lochlyessa
Few things..

1) If you train slash to auto train thrust, you gain nothing, as both lines get autotrained when you respec. Comprehende? Bodzilla kinda made this clear, but I'm guessing you have trouble reading english.

2)If you're going to RvR, you will use 1h styles. why? Guarding casters. Oh and for slam > pole, if you're any good, you'll hit unstyled with your 1h first, to clear any bt, then slam.

3) If you're attacking tanks in RvR, you're really not doing your job properly. Slash has slower pole spd, hence it's better for polers true job, attacking casters. Btw, cloth is neutral to everything, just in case you didn't know.

4) I'm not going to raise the subject of bad english and grammar anymore, because it may not be your first language. But at least try and understand peoples posts (ie bod's) without slagging them off, and also, don't call people idiots when you can't even spell the phrase.

1- err, u wont, by respeccing a skill u've trained it u dont get extra points, thats what bod meant, but i mean i train slash at start so trusth autotrains.. (cos i dont use spec points on it) and then i respec to trusth.. dont matter f slash does not autotrain, it wont.. I never played an arsmen myself, so unless u are telling that training in slash nullifies trust autotraining, u are wrong.. and not been very clear.. i understand perfeclty ur posts -.-

2- U wont use 1h styles, and about removing bt unstyled, then trusth is even better than slash since faster weapons = lower delay on next hit (with pole)

3- I never said am attacking tanks in rvr, ppl talks about parry and how cool it is but it does only work fighting tanks thats why i mentioned that.

4- I understand perfectly ur posts, and no english is not my mother language, also i dont care much bout spelling and grammar on those forums i surf while playing daoc. Think am quite understandable.

L

lofff

Originally posted by Aravis
Your original point, was that by autotraining slash then respeccing to thrust you'll get the autotrain points to spend.

(Next bit in Caps as it may help it get through to you)
YOU WON'T GET ANY EXTRA POINTS BY SPECCING IN SLASH THEN RESPECCING TO THRUST SO YOU MIGHT AS WELL TRAIN IN THE ONE YOU WANT TO USE AT 50.

Ive asked this 1 hundred times alrdy, does slash and trusth work as same skill on autotraining or what? meaning u dont autotrain 1 f using skill points on the other..

u ppl are funny :cool:

O

old.TeaSpoon

Ive asked this 1 hundred times alrdy, does slash and trusth work as same skill on autotraining or what? meaning u dont autotrain 1 f using skill points on the other..

u ppl are funny :cool:

Yes - So you cant auto slash if you spec thrust or auto thrust if you spec slash... I hope to god thats what your asking :)

And yes we are funny people. Especially Souly :D

Users who are viewing this thread