Armsman Race

Illumir_Lite

Fledgling Freddie
which is the best race for a hybrid slash pole armsman??
i was thinking for a briton for the high quickness and generaly the well balanced stats the briton has.what u lot think?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
There's one important consideration when rolling an armsman, no matter what the race.

The Armsman trainer is actually labelled <Mercenary Trainer>. DO NOT go to the <Armsman Trainer>, as this may disappoint budding Armsmen!!

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
To be perfectly honest, 10 points here or there isn't really going to make a huge amount of differance to you in the long run, play what you feel like and like the look off. :D

One thing i'd suggest keeping in mind though is that your damage is going be purely strength based with two-hand, pole and 1 hand slash/crush all the time regardless of base damage type so generally the high strength races are prefered for the weaponskill.

I assume you want hybrid for guarding casters, in which case your likely to go for battlemaster anyway and therefore bodyguard works fine no matter what you do, you can bodyguard just as easy with a crossbow in your hands even, so I wouldn't stress about the dex and quickness to much you'll still be able to do your job just fine once ML8. Unless your planning on pure sword/shield even as a hybrid most of your fighting will be with your pole so more strength will give you more for the points.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
There's one important consideration when rolling an armsman, no matter what the race.

The Armsman trainer is actually labelled <Mercenary Trainer>. DO NOT go to the <Armsman Trainer>, as this may disappoint budding Armsmen!!

Eggy is right, forget armsman till they get some wub :(

Illumir_Lite

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:

well some ppl play some class not because they r uber or some thing they playem cause they like it.for example the 2h pally we all know hes a gimp but some ppl play him not for the uber dmg etc etc but cause the just.....like it.

PS:im planning rolling a merc too just wanna roll a pole arms cause i like the pole :D
PS of the PS:im not flaming u in ANY way eggy be sure that i love u :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Yeh I know they do!!

That's why my 50 arms is xbow :)

Aeoric

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:

LOL :clap: :kissit: :clap:

Funkybunny

Banned
make a inconnu pole armsman... they are just so cute.. looks like small kids with a hockeystick of d00m!

Draylor

Part of the furniture
For a second I thought this would be a thread about racing armsmen around the realm.

Thats probably the only viable use for the class: for god sake dont roll one. Youll only end up bitter and twisted - or even worse end up spec'ing xbow ;)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor said:
For a second I thought this would be a thread about racing armsmen around the realm.

Flim would win with his maxed longwind + tireless (great for sprinting with snapshot burning...). :(

NB: If he hasn't maxed longwind and tireless then we can all assume he's not taking his xbow armsman seriously enough!

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Keep it up and im gonna have to wtf pwn some of you out of principle :twak:

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:
yes choose Avalonian Arms,at least he will be more smart than all others :)

Nah, avalonian roxxorz because of the +5 matter resist they have as racial! :D :m00:

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
Nah, avalonian roxxorz because of the +5 matter resist they have as racial! :D :m00:
And their ability to blend in as guards!

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
defensive arms: saracen thrust or inconnu

hybrid: take your pick, highlander is still a good choice due to the racial resists.

pole: its gotta be half ogre these days imo, 15str/10con or qui, why the HO polearms zerg didnt happen i dunno, single-hit dmg with all toa bonuses must be sick :D

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Imo, if your going to play a gimped class for fun, why not make a
inconnu armsman? Will look cool if you make it as small as possible
and go for that large pole :D

Ohh, and Konah, gimme my sleeves ;)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Docs said:
Imo, if your going to play a gimped class for fun, why not make a
inconnu armsman? Will look cool if you make it as small as possible
and go for that large pole :D

They would just look pale imitations though next to Fingzor :D

Gilles

Fledgling Freddie
Wow! Im impressed that youre even discussing Armsman, i thought we'd been long forgotten and totally abandoned! - talk about 'Bitter n Twisted' ;)

Still, i love playing my polearmsman - great for (in my experience) big damage dealing, taking agro and hassling enemy casters to name but a few of this neglected character's abilities

.. for now ill continue to dream that 'one day' we'll get an upgrade! pffft likely story :touch:

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Yeh I know they do!!

That's why my 50 arms is xbow :)

Nah, you just like them since Fing and Jimmy made crossbowmen fotm ;)

Frostor

Fledgling Freddie
the day they fix arms , ill come back and play him 24/7 xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom