Armsman RA

S

stighelmer

For an arms somewhere between RR5 and RR6.

These are given imo:

1. Determination IV
2. Prevent Flight

But what to get next ?

* Purge 4 pts (cheap and handy but needed with det4/det5 ?)

* Soldiers Barricade 10 pts (Have heard quite little about this RA, anyone with expericene like to share ?)

* Determination V 10 pts (60%->75% resistance more important than the others ?)

* IP + FA2 17 pts (all good but quite expensive. a wise choice for the grp specced arms ?)

I would like to get some input from the all knowing BW spammers :)

Edit: Crappy spelling

A

Aussie-

det 4 = 1+2+3+6 = 12p
IP = 9+8 = 17p
Purge = 4p
prevent flight = 14p

= r5L7

S

stighelmer

Just to stress it a bit I would really like to see some info on how well SoB works.

P

Pin

Originally posted by stighelmer
Just to stress it a bit I would really like to see some info on how well SoB works.

Son of a Bitch?

Anyway, BoF + SB + Ablative = Godmode.

K

Kagato.

I heard SB adds around 300-350 to your Armour Factor.

Which sounds nice but fully buffed I have 805 AF anyway, and after 800 AF your meant to get huge deminishing returns on its benefit, or is this misinfomation ?

Prevent Flight is great but very expensive for lower RR Armsman.

You can save points though by dropping purge, with Detirmination 4 you wont miss it, Det 5 is probably overkill but if you have the points to spare its probably sweet.

I

Ialkarn

SOB adds 330-335 armour for 30 secs every 30 mins.
How this armour boost works it's hard to value,my feeling say it works almost like avoid pain 2.
But it's not something you should consider before rr7-8.
It's not a vital ras like bof,but ofc it's help :)

And btw Prevent Flight > SOB

Originally posted by Kagato.

Which sounds nice but fully buffed I have 805 AF anyway

Er..ppl gets this ras cause his group value,if it's for personal use only no point getting it,AP3 give a better protection for the double of time whit half timer,but ofc to the armsman only.

P

Pin

Which sounds nice but fully buffed I have 805 AF anyway, and after 800 AF your meant to get huge deminishing returns on its benefit, or is this misinfomation ?

I believe it's a 250af boost. So on plate that's 250*1.34 = 335, chain is 317, etc.

AF is a divisor for the damage calculation, (and effects hit/miss rates).

Double AF, you halve damage (or better than halve as your opponent misses more also), but adding a constant to AF has more effect on damage on a lower base AF than a higher base AF. But saying 'diminishing returns' is a bit mis-leading.

SB will reduce damage on your group by ~30% (or ~38% when you count the extra misses).

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Ialkarn
SOB adds 330-335 armour for 30 secs every 30 mins.
How this armour boost works it's hard to value,my feeling say it works almost like avoid pain 2.
But it's not something you should consider before rr7-8.
It's not a vital ras like bof,but ofc it's help :)

What he said.

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Ialkarn

Er..ppl gets this ras cause his group value,if it's for personal use only no point getting it,AP3 give a better protection for the double of time whit half timer,but ofc to the armsman only.

I was just using my own AF as an example of the lesser benefit at higher AF's when buffed, not a 'for or against' arguement. I actually quite like the nature of the RA, however its to expensive for what it does in its pressent form. If they reduced its timer to 15 minutes and/or increased its duraction i'd actually consider respeccing for it.

Personally I have Detirmination 4, FA2/IP, Aug dex 2, MoPain2, MoParrying2, Toughness 1, Aug Con 1, AoM1 and Aug Strength 1 and the rest of my points im saving probably for MoPain3. But I solo alot, you'll probably want less passives if you go to emain.

P

Pin

I actually quite like the nature of the RA, however its to expensive for what it does in its pressent form.

30% (38% inc misses) less melee damage to plate going up to 34% (43% inc misses) less melee damage on cloth isn't enough?

Okay, so that's only 40% as good as BoF on the plate tanks, but it's 78% as good as BoF on casters (which is where the damage needs to be reduced).

Yes, it's not as good as BoF, but it'll help greatly in keeping a Sorcerer alive. And it stacks.

G

gunner440

a caster with sob effect doesnt really help much

sob is more useful to help u stay alive as a mincer/cleric imo

P

Pin

Originally posted by gunner440
a caster with sob effect doesnt really help much

sob is more useful to help u stay alive as a mincer/cleric imo

Well, knocking 40% damage off a couple of savages hitting a Sorc isn't going to to save him in and of itself, he'll probably still die anyway, just like he does with BoF on :p

But anyway... it's like a RR7+ RA for an Armsman.

I

iluvatur

awww pin looking after the sorcs now that he has one ... never used to save meh :(

P

Pin

Originally posted by iluvatur
awww pin looking after the sorcs now that he has one ... never used to save meh :(

save you?

I say no when you ask for groups. Isn't that enough? :p

I

iluvatur

pffft all your greatest feats were performed with me in group

and check your pm's biznitch

B

Belomar

But I solo alot, you'll probably want less passives if you go to emain.
Hehe, I solo well in Emain -- except when JH gets me. :p

P

Pin

Originally posted by iluvatur
pffft all your greatest feats were performed with me in group

Yeah, I suppose it is nice to have an expendable distraction so I can kill stuff.

D

drunkard

I just got sb and am pretty pleased with it so far. It's no bof but it does reduce damage a fair bit. I got it over pf as I'm usually grouped with a pf merc, it's always gonna proc for them before me.

J

Jergiot

humhum i thought pole users didnt need PF anymore Oo

P

Pin

Originally posted by stighelmer
Where did you read this ?

If they are always grouped with and assisting a merc who has it, they don't need it.

S

stighelmer

Bleh I read the post as need = get. Well that arms dont need it if a faster hitting merc with pf is in the grp is ofc true. But as for now the total number of GoL mercs = 2, and highest one is RR3, so...

But on the other we have the all time usable Crippling Blow with a snare effect that I use quite frequently as first hit... Have to think about this some more then :)

O

old.TeaSpoon

Pole Armsmen don't need it.

CB or DA for free snare :)

J

Jiggs

well ialkarn is the expert but i believe polearm has an anytime hinder, so PF is slightly useless for a poler (even more if you group with a PF merc)

S

stighelmer

Originally posted by Jiggs
well ialkarn is the expert but i believe polearm has an anytime hinder, so PF is slightly useless for a poler (even more if you group with a PF merc)

Crippling Blow is anytime hinder, Defender's Aegis is better (longer etc) but requires Phalanx (which is back style).

But PF still gotta be good - too much chance to hinder target - is that possible ? :) But ofc it's a matter of price versus benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom