Armour / weapons

T

tomee

Looking to buy any MP rapiers / daggers or any MP leather armour lvl 51 please.

V

Vladdie

A-R-M-O-R, it is spelled Armor........ but who cares in a community full of wtfpwn4tehsook gimps anyways.

V

Vegy

Actually seeing as this is an English server, and not an American English server it should be spelt armour.

V

Vladdie

According to Webster´s Revised Unabridged Dictionary :

Armour is a variant of Armor in means of "Coat Armour" as the escutcheon of a person or family, with its several charges and other furniture, as mantling, crest, supporters, motto, etc.
Maybe you meant: Middle English armure, from Old French armeure, from Latin armtra.

Period and don´t try teaching me.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Vegy
Actually seeing as this is an English server, and not an American English server it should be spelt armour.

Hey and saying 'Period' like that is a dead give away that youve been reading too many US books/films ;)

A

asorek

Originally posted by Vladdie
According to Webster´s Revised Unabridged Dictionary :

Armour is a variant of Armor in means of "Coat Armour" as the escutcheon of a person or family, with its several charges and other furniture, as mantling, crest, supporters, motto, etc.
Maybe you meant: Middle English armure, from Old French armeure, from Latin armtra.

Period and don´t try teaching me.

AND WEBSTERS IS AMERICAN!!! DUH

We use The Oxford Dictionary here in Blighty!!
or Collins.
http://www.oed.com/

oh and try to look smart by copy and pasting from a website..you look dumb.

V

Vegy

I think you'll find webster is an american english dictionary.
Back in the 1820s, Noah Webster was on the cutting edge of American English.
I am not trying to teach you, I am merely saying that what you are telling someone else is wrong.

V

Vladdie

Nothing can be added here- you have sucessfully proven the dumbness on these boards has no borders. Can´t be forced discussing the very basics of common knowledge with obvious highschool drop outs and lower middle class trash.
Go play your game and wtf4whatever something so you can add it to your sig.

V

Vegy

Actually I think that you will find that I am not a 'highschool drop out' infact, after obtainting my english GCSE I continued through to Sixth form to obtain my Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry A-Levels.
Infact every time you post you make it appear that you are more and more like the people you describe in your posts.
It seems as though your sole purpose in replying in this thread was to first, prove that you are a more educated better person than tomee and after actually being proven wrong you now try to grasp at straws.
It seems the straw you have taken is the shortest of the bunch.

T

tomee

But i will accept an apology if your man enough to apologise ;-)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Nothing can be added here- you have sucessfully proven the dumbness on these boards has no borders. Can´t be forced discussing the very basics of common knowledge with obvious highschool drop outs and lower middle class trash.

Highschool is an Americanism too.

and quoting Nietzsche in a sig is like sooooo yesterday ;)

http://www.armouries.org.uk

^^ perhaps they got it wrong. hehe.

V

Vegy

Now what's wrong with my name :p, my rl nickname don't say bad things about it :D

A

asorek

Actually I think that you will find that I am not a 'highschool drop out' infact, after obtainting my english GCSE I continued through to Sixth form to obtain my Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry A-Levels.

jesus you only took 3?? i took 5

Maths, English, Government & Politics, French and Pyschology

bloody lazy students only doing 3!!!

A

asorek

I think you'll find webster is an american english dictionary.

I am not trying to teach you, I am merely saying that what you are telling someone else is wrong.

American english IS NOT a language...

its either ENGLISH or AMERICAN..you cant have both.
well u can but its really correct. or rather i should have said
well you can but it isnt correct.

just to clarify that before people start whine!! yes you have American English dictionaries...but think of it this way.. the english language is different to the americanised version.. i.e not just the way we spell things..like Colour {eng} Color {usa}
but also the way we pronounce things like Al-you-minium {eng}
Aloo-minum {usa}
Hence the reason if he was from England Armour is correct but if your from America Armor is fine for you.

but back to the point..the vast majority of British homes..(if they even have a dictionary) will have Collins or Oxford because they are NATIVE to our country id be VERY suprised if more than 0.3% of the UK population held a Websters.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Bad loser. :) Some people need to accept the fact that they have been utterly beaten.

V

Vegy

Originally posted by asorek
jesus you only took 3?? i took 5

Maths, English, Government & Politics, French and Pyschology

bloody lazy students only doing 3!!!

I did the old a levels, where you did 3 full a levels from start to finish, rather than the new a levels where you start off by doing 5 as levels :p.
Anyway, psychology is such a bum kinda subject! I mean all the people doing it in my school did no bloody work! lol
I'm sure politics was the same, come on all the government do is sit around all day doing nothing and getting paid lots for it!

Also american is most often referred to as american english, Britannia rules the waves and all that :p

V

vintervargen

i got a MP guarded rapier, 3p and its enchanted. msg maril/turil/airjack ingame

R

Ravenbourne

Hmm, couldn't find the word Pwned in my copy of the dictionary

O

old.Moriaana

....i got a MP guarded rapier, 3p and its enchanted. msg maril/turil/airjack ingame....

I hope thats not the one you got of me cheap cos you was a guildy :p

A

asorek

I did the old a levels, where you did 3 full a levels from start to finish, rather than the new a levels where you start off by doing 5 as levels :p.
Anyway, psychology is such a bum kinda subject! I mean all the people doing it in my school did no bloody work! lol
I'm sure politics was the same, come on all the government do is sit around all day doing nothing and getting paid lots for it!

Also american is most often referred to as american english, Britannia rules the waves and all that :p

pysch A level was a piece of piss to do...but politics was rock solid..more than just sitting round discussing things..its more about the whole political structure and who answers to who and way way too much info... meh i hated that one.. still worth doing so now when i watch Question time i call legitimately call all MP's tossers cos i see how little they actually CAN and DO do.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Cap'n Sissyfoo
Bad loser. :) Some people need to accept the fact that they have been utterly beaten.

yep

vladdie tried to look educated and civilized, and when he failed, he got bitchy and flaming and he isnt even man enough to accept defeat, sheesh :rolleyes:

T

Tyka

wtf is this thread doing here anyways? btw vlad rocks so you guys should just stfu.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Tyka
wtf is this thread doing here anyways? btw vlad rocks so you guys should just stfu.

Its here so we can take the piss out of people who take the piss out of spelling errors (and get it wrong), at least one person learnt how to spell 'armour' correctly, which is more constructive than the average BW post :)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by old.Laryssa
both spellings is correct :)

Diplomatic but wrong, wherever you are ;)

http://www.bartleby.com/185/31.html

Explains what the Americans did to our unnecessary vowels, compare with the other words, none of them are proper english. As far as I know, the english dictionary only adopts a handfull of new words each year, and never becase another country decided to piss around with them.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=4010&dict=CALD

note the 'uk' ,'us' next to the spellings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom