Armour advice..

U

Uriron

Ok maybe I have misunderstood this slightly but I would have imagined that wearing armour when PvEing would be a good thing...maybe not.

Can anyone shed some light on what the advantages and disadvantages of armour are and when to use it ..or not.

Due to my DAoC days i'm under the impression that armour should be worn whenever fighting, i suspect i might be wrong and only need armour for PvP.

I only ever take my padded armour off to recover ham damage quicker. I bought a set of padded because i was under the impression it was the better type (and it only cost me 10k for the lot), unfortunately when i wear it my quick and stam stats drop to less than 50, I dont notice any effect as a result maybe someone out there can explain what that will be doing to me?

As you may have noticed by now this all confuses me :)

D

Durzel

Armour is barely worth it currently... I'm wearing a full set of sliced Composite at the moment, and wearing the lot all my secondary stats are negative.

Fortunately, due to the bug this actually means they're all 1 - which isn't strictly as bad as it sounds since the resists are 48%-63% across the board.

When insurance is back on and we have to corpse runs, I'll have to take a load of spices just to be able to put it back on. :(

F

Faeldawn

Armour in SW:G baffles me.

As a BH (in training) i would have thought armour would be essential for my profession, but as a human i often find it more of a hinderance than a help in most situations.

Like Durzel i also have to carry a large stash of spices if i want to use my composite armour, and often resort to using my bone armour just for convenience.

Resists are very handy, if you use the Combat tab when in battle you'll see just how much damage your armour absorbs, you'll be surprised im sure at how useful it can be.

E

Ebonn

Toggle armour/clothes macro for tehwin!

Armour is worth wearing if its 'good' armour, my set of composite ( sliced ofc ) i can wear and all my 2ndary stats are still 200+, dosnt hinder me that i can notice, although i only use it for PvP as PvE will just wear it out quicker.

I have a chiten set aswell for if i really need armour for PvE.

edit : some armoursmiths ignore the HAM costs a bit to much, find one that does experiment with HAM, or get a custom order to what specs you want

O

old.pala hellraiser

I play a Bh hunter on tarquinas server and use composite armor (all sliced) and it's pretty much essential in pvp. I constantly get pm's asking me how I can wear a full set of composite (most people have to take drugs just to be able to wear it), one thing most people don't realise is the armor will say for example:

Health:200
Action:50
Mind:50

When actually it takes from your secondary stats instead of the primary. For instance instead of taking 200 from your health (your health wont go down), you will lose around 100 strength and 100 Constitution. Same goes for action (Quickness & Stamina), and Mind (Focus & Willpower). So if ya wanna wear armor and not have to become a regular drug addict, reduce your Primary stats and put up all your Secondary stats to max, or nearly max using the stat migration.

Now this obviously means you can't take as many hits BUT the secondary stats determine how fast your primary stats regenerate. I generally only wear my composite when pvping because I don't want to wear it down to fast, also it isn't really required for pve.

I am much happier with having less HAM and higher secondary stats, I regenerate very quickly with my armor off, and with my armor on I barely get hurt (around 50% resists).

Doesn't come cheap though :)

Best armor you can get is eathier Stormtrooper armor (if your a crappy imp) or marine armor (if your a guy fighting the good cause) :) Decent resists on both these types of armor and low HAM costs only downfall is it costs a lot of faction points and you have to be Overt to wear it.

E

Ebonn

Originally posted by old.pala hellraiser
I
Best armor you can get is eathier Stormtrooper armor (if your a crappy imp) or marine armor (if your a guy fighting the good cause) :) Decent resists on both these types of armor and low HAM costs only downfall is it costs a lot of faction points and you have to be Overt to wear it.

Faction armour : 30% resists to all, ok HAM costs. (max resists after slicing : 41% ) only useable while overt.

Composite : 48% resists to all but lightning, not great HAM costs. ( max resists after slicing 65% ) useable anytime.

O

old.pala hellraiser

Aye I would prefer lower resists and lower ham cost myself but yeah I suppose personal preference. And of course not everyone has the money to get 'decent' composite where as anyone can save up faction points.

D

Durzel

Originally posted by Ebonn
Toggle armour/clothes macro for tehwin!

Armour is worth wearing if its 'good' armour, my set of composite ( sliced ofc ) i can wear and all my 2ndary stats are still 200+, dosnt hinder me that i can notice, although i only use it for PvP as PvE will just wear it out quicker.

I have a chiten set aswell for if i really need armour for PvE.

edit : some armoursmiths ignore the HAM costs a bit to much, find one that does experiment with HAM, or get a custom order to what specs you want
What's your base stats at though?

The only positive stat I have wearing the full suit is Quickness, which goes from 550 (max for humans) to 88. Everything else is -100 or less.

I had mine sliced, but most of it ended up getting sliced for effectiveness (helmet is 63% resist, other bits 58%, etc).

You saying you've got a 48% suit which, when you wear it all, you still have 200+ in all your secondary stats Ebonn? What are your stats to begin with?

E

Ebonn

Originally posted by Durzel

You saying you've got a 48% suit which, when you wear it all, you still have 200+ in all your secondary stats Ebonn? What are your stats to begin with?

I dont personally own a 48% set .. yet.

I was stupid and bought a set of compo when it first was being made, then a few weeks later i bought another set beouse the stats were a lot better, this time i decided to wait for the next rescouse cycle with that copper to shift in before blowing another large chunk of creds.

My 38% ish set i was referring to when i mentioned my 2ndary stats were fine.

I have 450/400/450/400/400/700 as my secondary stats if i remember right,

The reason why my stats are still good is beouse when i sliced my armour i got 45%,45%,39% encum reduced on legs/chest/helm respectively, and about 3 more 30%+ encum reduced slices and 3 resists slices :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom