ArmA: Armed Assault

throdgrain

FH is my second home
For those of us who liked Op Flash, and I know there was quite a few of us, I thought Id let you know I have just bought Arma.

Ive only played a few levels so far, but the good news is, its very very much like Op Flash, only with much improved graphics. For me this is good news indeed.

Same kind of thing, imaginary Island invaded by bad guys, troops are outnumbered etc etc. But it looks real good, and plays very well, on my system at least. Other good news, in multiplayer you can now join mid-game, a mighty stroke ! :D

On the downside, some keys will not bind no matter what, my 4th and 5th mouse buttons dont exist apparently. Why they still need to have a separate key to crouch and then to stand back up is a mystery, and the old way of issuing commands is still there too, which I find somehow familiar and comforting :)

Anyway, its out there, its good, go buy it I would say.

Aada

Part of the furniture
After looking around on various forums the game is very very buggy and i'm holding off for a month or so.

It does look very good though but i hope that more team vs team combat comes into multiplayer from what i have read people just play CO-OP all the time :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Oddly for me, I bought it for the single player, and so far Ive not been disappointed at all :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
you got it for SP Throd? ooh then it must be good :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The last game in SP I finished was Op Flash, before that was Quake 2, so you can see how often I finish SP games :)

This one is great :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
After looking around on various forums the game is very very buggy and i'm holding off for a month or so.

It does look very good though but i hope that more team vs team combat comes into multiplayer from what i have read people just play CO-OP all the time :(

Buggy? The people that played opf know all about bugs, and despite the many bugs and shite netcode we still played. Good gameplay can hide many things, and bugs get patched.

I'll probably pick it up next payday Throd, we just need Will to decide he wants PC gaming again.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Buggy? The people that played opf know all about bugs, and despite the many bugs and shite netcode we still played. Good gameplay can hide many things, and bugs get patched.

I'll probably pick it up next payday Throd, we just need Will to decide he wants PC gaming again.

You will love it mate, so will Will :)

Aada

Part of the furniture

Yep buggy, what part about that didn't you understand?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well buggy ? sounded like he didn't understand something!

Sorry Ch33t.

The game does look great and i will also pick it up once i see multiplayer is improved on.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
To be honest Ive played MP a bit now, and its ok , but its not really what the game is about for me.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
I paid.

Now motherfuckers whos wants to play with me. Seeing as im not included in those peoples festivities...

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I just turned it off single player. Im only early on, up to the bit where you're doing a night time counter-attack against BMP's armed with a TOW on a Hummvee. Ive died about 10 times.

Love it!

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
Picked this game up earlier in the week. I was an Operation Flashpoint fan a while back, and this was a must buy.... more of the same, but better! There's meant to be a patch out Friday that fixes a lot of the obvious gripes.... then we can look forward to the addon and mod makers really going for it.

Plays reasonably well on my laptop, but since I updated the Nvidia drivers I appear to have lost my proper widescreen resolutions from the in-game selection.

Debaser

One of Freddy's beloved
Im only early on, up to the bit where you're doing a night time counter-attack against BMP's armed with a TOW on a Hummvee.

Bitmaps?

It's a bit surreal then, think I might pass. I prefer simulations with a bit of realism.

:kissit:

I never bothered with the originals mp, I'll pick it up it the single player matches its predecessor though. I had hours of fun figuring out the controls, even with a manual.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Bitmaps?

It's a bit surreal then, think I might pass. I prefer simulations with a bit of realism.

:kissit:

I never bothered with the originals mp, I'll pick it up it the single player matches its predecessor though. I had hours of fun figuring out the controls, even with a manual.

Stupidboy. :/

Im now flying a helicoptor on convoy attack mission. It rocks :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Only thing I dont like about it, the way the mouse doesnt move immediately like in all other fps games. It may be more realistic, but Id turn it off if I could :)

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
You can basically turn it off completely or lessen it to your desired level. It's a setting in the options called floating zone or something.

Most people think having it on makes the game more realistic though. It allows you to point your weapon and move it around without moving your whole body - which can be important when hiding for example. That combined with TrackIR makes it awesome.

I've just came from a multiplayer game on the Shacktactical server. The Tactical Gamer ArmA people and the ones from SimHQ had been invited too. Nothing beats having 70+ human players using Teamspeak and playing in an organised but fun way. Awesome.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Can you? I assumed because it was like that in Op Flash it would be like that in AA.

/goes to try

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
Can you? I assumed because it was like that in Op Flash it would be like that in AA.

/goes to try

How did you find changing it Throd? Turn it down a bit or all the way off? Some people just don't like it... If your FPS isn't the best then it can add to percieved mouse lag.

I suppose with me having TrackIR I could turn the floating zone almost off. If I want to look left I just look left :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
It does add to mouse lag a bit, however I still like it better. The spec for my PC is -

Conroe 6600, 7900GT-O, 2 gig pc6400 ram, on a 8mb adsl line. Ive not really noticed any lag, which makes playing it a pleasure, when I manage to get round to it :)

Btw, I dont really know what TrackIR is :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom