ArmA 2

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
If you have problems running the demo, you need the latest dx9 runtimes from MS. March 2009 one.

Noc0de

Can't get enough of FH
I get that too, there is a bit of mouse-lag.

I read somewhere that for Nvidia graphics cards you can change a driver setting called “Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames” to a lower setting e.g. 0 or 1 (think the default is 2 or 3) and it reduces or eliminates the lag.

I think this setting seems to relate to how many frames are pre-rendered by the CPU before being passed to the GPU. Therefore, as changing the graphics settings seems to yield very little result for me I thought I might as well take the strain of the CPU and let the GPU do more. It has kind of worked for me as I know have less input lag.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
If you have problems running the demo, you need the latest dx9 runtimes from MS. March 2009 one.

When I installed the demo it did something with Direct X. Dunno if it installed the latest version.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's a good game, but I am playing on normal difficulty, and my squad are shit. They get owned by the enemies in the first mission. I do what I am told, and they all just fuck up. :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
It's a good game, but I am playing on normal difficulty, and my squad are shit. They get owned by the enemies in the first mission. I do what I am told, and they all just fuck up. :(

Yeah I read in PC Gamer that the AI is really bad. You'll be getting instructions off the Corporal or whatever they are called when all of a sudden a soldier gets into a land rover, then pretty much drives into everything around you.

For me the game will be all about multiplayer so I hope my pc copes, and the game delivers

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I wonder if you can get rid of the motion blur? It is unplayable for me otherwise :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
the new patch should have a gfx option to get rid of it

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Most of the missions I played (Boot Camp et Scenarios) had points in the mission where the trigger-orientated storyline broke down, and I couldn't go any further in the mission.

Very annoying, and very basic.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Should be getting my XFX 4890 HD XT tomorrow, gonna have to see how my pc handles it after that.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Guh, well I guess I won't be buying this. I got a warning for posting a question about the copy protection on the official forums (just trying to work out whether I wanted to buy this or not). Then spoke directly to the mod about it, pissy little fuck on a power trip. As a result, I won't be buying the game - consumer revenge 'n all that shite.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's not as fun as opf from the demo, and if you guys are not bothering then there is no point.

Opf re-union?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Guh, if only they'd sell it on gog.com again - that said, currently I'd sooner send BI a bucket of my shit than any cash.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Im trying to buy this on Steam but every time I attempt to add it to my shopping cart i get a message saying it couldnt add it, anyone else having issues ?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Played the demo some more, I really do not see what makes it any better than the original opf tbh.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Upgraded PC today. Got a ATI XFX 4890 HD XT 1gb and i am not too impressed with the graphics.
PC Spec:
Q6600 Quad Core
4gb ram on vista 32bit
ATI XFX 4890 HD XT 1gb card

The motion blur I had before upgrade has drastically reduced (i am playing the demo btw).

On High settings its running smooth, sometimes there is a drop in frame rates but generally its fine. The main problem I have is how the people/buildings look. It's like when you put Crysis on max settings. The immediate area around you looks amazing! However about 20 metres infront of you it looks shit. When you move closer, those people/buildings then look awesome. I understand why this occurs, but it's frustrating as I dont have it on max settings etc.

The drawing distance is roughly half way on the slide bar. I was thinking if I lowered that I would not see every tree for 50,000 miles (not bothered by that), however it might expand my "bubble of awesome graphics" lol.

Maybe it's just the demo, but I really dont like how this game looks when playing. Even though the settings are on High, its not like i'm blown away from the graphics close to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom