Argh. Exam boards.

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
Sigh, I had two 1.5hour maths exams and 3 hour politics exams scheduled for this afternoon, so they moved the maths to the morning.

I've had 6hours of exams, with a 20minute dinner break. I'm absolutly exhausted, i've pretty much failed politics, I couldnt concentrate one bit. I was tired from the maths, and its bloody boiling today, no hope of air conditioning in the exam hall, no.

Seriously, im really annoyed, i've spent a year learning this stuff and now its got thrown away thanks to the retarded exam board putting stuff on the same day. I think its stupid to expect you to have 6hours of exams in a day and do well. Just plain stupid. My brain is dead. :(

Sar

Part of the furniture
Lodge a complaint.

They should be scheduling 2 exams per day maximum.

Chilly

Balls of steel
6 hours of exams? boo fucking hoo. Go to uni and do a real degree and 3hour exams are commonplace. I've had two in a day and they were a damn sight harder than yours.

Will

/bin/su
Chilly said:
6 hours of exams? boo fucking hoo. Go to uni and do a real degree and 3hour exams are commonplace. I've had two in a day and they were a damn sight harder than yours.
Do you realise how much of a cock this makes you come across as?

Chilly

Balls of steel
I dont care Will, 6 hours of exams in a day is common in higher education, if he cant cope he shouldnt be doing it.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
But higher education is called that for a reason.

All education should be about progression, and so just because it is normal at the next level doesn't make it right at this level.

This was very poor scheduling, and has as been stated should be complained about.

RB

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Chilly said:

You instantly have a bigger penis than him.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I'm not saying how uber I am, I'm saying how shit he is.

mank!

Part of the furniture
i had six hours of exams the other week, i forgot everything.

i blame aqa!

Sar

Part of the furniture
Chilly said:

So should the 11-plus replacement be 6 hrs long too?

Tit!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Chilly said:

Try working 20 hours in one day mate, then tell me that 3 hour exams are hard.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
When I were a lad, we used to get up at 2am and flog ourselves with rusty chains for 10 hours, work down t'pit for another 12, go home and get beaten and chased to bed by our dad who'd stab us in the face with knives and...

Mey

Part of the furniture
Well if chilly can get into Uni theres hope for us all yet!

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
Try working 20 hours in one day mate, then tell me that 3 hour exams are hard.

Have to agree on that one, when you get a job you'll be doing what you learnt in your exam all day long, everyday for the rest of your life.

Students are always moaning about having to do an hour a week of study, you're gonna have a hell of a slap in the face when you enter the real world and realise 50-60hour weeks are the norm.

:)

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
im doing a maths degree and in my second year have only had at most two exams on one day, with each exam being 2 hours? i only know of economists here having a 3 hour exam, and that was for a module that was spread over two semesters...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Chilly said:
fuck off tom, did you even read the thread?

Oh I see. The OP posts about how difficult he/she found their exams being on the same day, and you then post needlessly to rip into them about how much more difficult your life was.

Yet when I point out that working life can be a damn site harder than any number of exams, you're all offended. Yeah whatever. You win.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
I can't for the life of me remember how long my exams were, i think my uni ones were 3 hours each which was a pain in the arse, but not too bad.

Althuogh that said i'm looking into professional qualifications at the moment and the one i want to take (CISSP) has a 6 hour exam which is done on paper not a computer.. It's madness i tell you!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
bob269 said:
Have to agree on that one, when you get a job you'll be doing what you learnt in your exam all day long, everyday for the rest of your life.

Students are always moaning about having to do an hour a week of study, you're gonna have a hell of a slap in the face when you enter the real world and realise 50-60hour weeks are the norm.

:)

That's a bit disengenious tbh. Just because people work long hours 'in the real world' doesn't mean they're subjected to the same pressure, day in, day out, as an exam. Frankly, if that were true, we'd all be dead by now. Exam pressure is actute, work pressure is chronic, with bursts of acute pressure. Of course there are exceptions (Air traffic controller, Doctor) and if you're one of those, I take it back, but otherwise, I don't think belittling exam stress is particularly clever.

NB. I found my A-Level and HNC exams far harder than my BSc and MSc exams; and I don't think that's just because I got better at taking exams. A lot of people I know found their A-Levels harder. Of course this was back when we were real men and our exams weren't watered down for poofs and we had to write the answers with our own blood etc. etc.

;)

Chilly

Balls of steel
FYI Tom I work a proper job atm, get up at 7, get home at 7. It may not be a 20 hour day slaving behind a hot camera at a football match (oh the horror) but I do work. My point was that the OP was being a whiny little shit and 6 hours of exams is common place.

I wish you wouldnt assume about me Tom, just because I'm a student doesnt mean a I'm a lazy ****.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I never said you were. I seem to recall you're the one making assumptions about people, particularly Earl who after all only came on to complain about how hard he found his exams, which I have some sympathy with having sat exams myself (and found them to be rather useless in life).

Oh and talk about presumptions, how do you think the cameras get there in the first place? Magic carpets? Have you ever felt the weight of a full broadcast camera with a J86 lens on? If you had, I think you'd have cause to reflect on that last statement. Television is 1 hour glamour, 9 hours sweating carrying gear around. It can be an very physically demanding job.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Exactly, so we've both learnt an important lesson - You're a cock.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Chilly said:

That's not very nice, calling someone a cock on their Birthday; *checks calendar*, you're a cock.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Chilly said:

I think I've learnt that perhaps you're a cock. I don't think you've learnt anything.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
My first thought was 6hours, wow!!!! Try working the minimum 54hours a week I do, with 70 hours fairly often too.

But I can see the point about the intenseness of an exam being different.

Hmmm...

I guess my only point would be, get used to it. Life doesn't get any easier, School/College was the easiest time of my life. Those who succeed don't moan about 6 hours of exams, or 60 hour weeks, they get their heads down and work 'em.

mank!

Part of the furniture
i love the cock.

anyway, all you who are moaning about students are jealous - fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom