Arf, cant decide on a class..

M

mac_kraakebolle

So, can anyone give me some input with some reasoning as to witch class I should play? :)

Am currently debating:
- sorc (bit unshure about Alb as a realm tho :) and unshure as to how needed they are atm ) Allso I think leveling in albion is very hard

- skald (hear they suck in mele, and that they are worse then minstrels but I think midgard need more active rvr skalds? )

- minstrel Again, hard to level... ANd I think Albion has far too many of these

- druid seriously :) I dont like the race options very mutch.... firby, celt or sylvans :(
but I realy like the power the healing classes have when coupeled with tanks though :)

- healer would be the option to druid for me... Realy liked this class but cba to go trough that whole lair scene again with the same char /sigh

- ranger Well, I like grouping.... Doubt this would suit me

I would be greatfull for any input on this subject..... Im finding it realy hard to decide and I dont want to make more then one char till Im 50 again... Want to focus on one... Any recommendations? ,Experiences. Please share :)

Help :wink2:

L

loxleyhood

Don't go healer or druid. Wack-a-mole games.

Don't go ranger if you want to group.

Minstrels are great fun, and there are much harder classes to level. Sorcerors are also fun, and Albion is in great need of them. Skalds are an enjoyable class too, but don't expect to slice people in two. This doesn't mean they are incabable of damage though, there are several skalds who solo well.

S

Silenzio

minstrel/sklad

fun to play not hard to lvl =)

minstrel need instrument allways maxe

skald need weapon allways maxed =)

let stelth n parry be till the end =)

mmm go skald
is eayser (no instrument) cheper nice to play with 2h =)
no need ov autotrain (cuz he cant)

or if u wish go friar... lether armour is cheep... u have self buff
that help alot end regen heal ecc n u will easely find a group

=)

have fun

T

Trinilim

out of that list I say skald :)

But as lox said, don't expect to slice anyone in 2 :p

O

old.Wildfire

sorc or skald imo

sorcs > all - and always welcomed by groups

B

boni_ofdavoid

Druid

a). Very easy to level, perfect for focus pulling or traditional groups, you sound most concerned about the amount of time it would take to level, I think druid would be a breeze as long as you arent the solo type.

b). Hibernia needs healing druids in rvr, one per group, theres never gonna be enough to go around.

c). Can be used as a buffbot.

S

stunned

Make a shammy thats active. Skalds are plenty.

O

old.Xanthian

Make a FOTM char..
Such as a Savage or a Merc / BM / Ranger / Scout / Hunter etc..
So that your ready to wtfpwn ppl in emain when 1.62 is out :>

L

loxleyhood

People who think archers are going to be fotm are deluded.

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by loxleyhood
People who think archers are going to be fotm are deluded.

yup.

does sorcs gets grps in alb easy? and why?

L

loxleyhood

RvR groups they do, obviously. And mez is always handy in PvE.

V

vintervargen

RvR groups they do, obviously. And mez is always handy in PvE.

yeah meant pve ofc, so alb havnt started the pbaoe mania yet? ;]

L

loxleyhood

Pbaoe groups aren't common in alb, but they exsist. Body sorcs in pbaoe groups is madness thanks to the cold debuff.

M

Merl

I would say make a sorc, alb is in great need of them and u wont have any problems getting groups with Pot and Mez, not to sure about body spec but i know as a wizy i always appreciate their debuffs, as for mincers, i would take a sorc over them anyday.
Not to sure about the other realms.

W

WardyWonderland

Pbaoe groups aren't common in alb, but they exsist. Body sorcs in pbaoe groups is madness thanks to the cold debuff.

Yep my sorc is now lvl 43 and i have great fun in AC with her. Currently speced 30 Body 32 Mind. Means i can mezz in non-pbaoe grps and cold debuff in pbaoe grps. Sorcs always needed in PvE at lower lvls for CC since most wizzies go fire to 40, due to the extra power in soloing.

M

mac_kraakebolle

hmm ok... Im leaning towards sorc then

-Anyone know any good specs?

-In rvr, is there any use for the AoE root? (could I justify going 39 body? )

-After 32 mind does your mind spec help you charm higher level mobs?? Or cant you inprove your pet charming after 32?

and how mutch diffrence is there between the last and the second last aoe mez when it comes to getting it to stick... (as the level of the spell will affect how easy/hard it is to land)

V

Vasconcelos

Make a sorc n join a heavy RvR guild or u will get bored of being a cannonfodder after your 3rd visit to emain/odin.

W

WardyWonderland

Originally posted by mac_kraakebolle
hmm ok... Im leaning towards sorc then

-Anyone know any good specs?

-In rvr, is there any use for the AoE root? (could I justify going 39 body? )

-After 32 mind does your mind spec help you charm higher level mobs?? Or cant you inprove your pet charming after 32?

and how mutch diffrence is there between the last and the second last aoe mez when it comes to getting it to stick... (as the level of the spell will affect how easy/hard it is to land)

AOE root not really used in RvR but can be a back up to AOE mezz.

After 32 mind you can charm any mob upto your level (with a few exceptons like named mobs etc). Putting anymore in Mind will not affect that.

Not to sure about the last bit, but would think that the more you have in mind the better the chance of the mezz sticking.

F

Fagane

Albion is in need of full mind spec Sorcerers.

two problems with that:

1) Do no real dammage

2) Die very fast in RvR

Sorcerers are in great demand in PvE at level 40+ and RvR in any group.

Albion has "enough" body specced sorcerers, about 70%+ of the sorcerers are that. And also do not expect people will scream for you in Avalon you still need to wait a bit to find a group. Still its compared to most other classes easy to find a group.

Fagane

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Sorcs are one of the most group friendly classes in Albion. I am spec'd 36 mind 40 body and it is pretty versatile. You get 30% fire, matter and ice debuffs which will make most cabbies or wizards happy to have you in a group, level 50 pets, good mezzing, 2nd best PoT, AE root, 56 AE str/con debuff, good nukage (although you probably won't do too much in RvR it is still very handy to have in PvE and if you get caught with your pants down in DF :)) and your life taps will give very nice returns. If you group with a spirit spec'd cabby you will nuke for around 700 or so on most people.

Paladins, clerics and possibly ice wizards are the only classes which are more desirable than sorcs in Av City. Just keep advertising your 30% debuffs and you will never have trouble getting a group. :)

/edit Just make sure you use the debuffs. The amount of times I have been in a PBAOE group and seen the sorc spamming mez or root or some other pointless spell is enough to make me want to vomit in rage. :eek:

What Albion needs is COMPETENT sorcs...i.e. sorcs that KNOW how to use their spells to maximum efficiency.

O

old.SadonTheGrey

I wish there were more bloody body sorcs on Alb/Pry... everyone is 49 mind or 44 mind so no 30% heat debuff :/

I think there's like 3 body sorcs :eek:

P

parisienscot

The top aoe mezz spell has a larger radius I think - 400 - mids and hibs don't get that. Correct me if I'm wrong of course ;)

A

Arnor

just remember the one lesson everyone has gotten

what is easy to recognize and drops like a bowling ball?

gimme an S

gimme an O

etc :p

S

scarffs

Healer or sorc ( depends if mid or alb ).
Healer if no preference.

T

tris-

make a savage, i am 2h hammer spec killing oranges in 4 hits with 3/4 hp left :)

M

mac_kraakebolle

Hehe, thanks for your thoughts guys :)

Originally posted by scarffs
Healer or sorc ( depends if mid or alb ).
Healer if no preference.

Had a healer, aug healer... was fun... Liked the ability to realy tilt a fight, even if I was only grouped with one other character I would have sutch a big inpact on all the fights..

But, I deleted that healer while I was drunk (was thinking about it earlyer that week... talked about it to my guild and stuff cause leveling was a pain in the arse and I wanted to try a char in another realm)
So, dont think I can be arsed to leveling up that healer all over again.... Il just kill myselves with agony over why I deleted my healer in the first place.. Better move on, sorc looks dandy alltho a bit fragile :)

Anyhow.. can a sorc with only the 35th (think it was 35th or something thereabouts mezz [2nd best]) mezz be the main mezzer in a rvr group or should I aim to get the 44th version?

B

bjaadi-

Thane imo :)

make a pac/mend healer 44 pac 31 mend... good cc and healing aswell

H

hercules-df

a nice sorc if you head to alb, hard to lvl tho, but greatly appreciated in rvr later on, Ice wiz for easy ride to 50. or Rejuv specced Cleric :)

Users who are viewing this thread