Are zerkers way to nerfed?

A

Aussie-

lucky high crit in zerkmode with str relics and 2h?.

A

alme

Originally posted by Aussie-
lucky high crit in zerkmode with str relics and 2h?.

no it was a low crit using a lootbag

O

old.mattshanes

That zerk has 2000+ ws, wasn't debuffed and 50 qui i take it oO

My hardest hit as a merc is nowhere near that though(847) but i was qui debuffed.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by old.mattshanes

My hardest hit as a merc is nowhere near that though(847) but i was qui debuffed.

capped qui :)

A

Arnor

Originally posted by old.mattshanes

you using 5.5 speed wpn?

didnt think so

O

old.Talivar

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg ffs nerf zerks and mercs even with 4.1 speed wep(slowest i can get atm) i prob do hmmmm 300 max:pmaybe upto 400-500 VERY max with tri and crits

A

Arnor

Originally posted by old.Talivar
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg ffs nerf zerks and mercs even with 4.1 speed wep(slowest i can get atm) i prob do hmmmm 300 max:pmaybe upto 400-500 VERY max with tri and crits

2h

90%+ crit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you, sorry

edit: also, your dmg caps, what are they?

on my zerk with cap quick its sumt like 350ish on bs chain

that would round out to 525dmg with a 50% crit, then add a 25pt bleed or whatever you have and whatever your tw hits for. That would be your max dmg with cap quick, the merc did 847 with debuffed quick and so on.................

O

old.mattshanes

I don't believe you:p

4.2 Mainhand on my merc i cap around 470 mainhand with 135 qui.

Supernova hits better than any dw style i seen, bare in mind you got haste always i take it so your damage per hit will be lowered but much faster.Also a non debuffed str using person will hit harder than a thrust/pierce user having 150-200 ws more before buffs( if having aug str 3 that is)

Yeah arnor i forgot about that, i wasn't whining just trying to find out why and that's what i stated except i missed what you posted in my post.

O

old.Talivar

nope u cant all console me im gimped and bugged and cursed!!!:)

O

old.mattshanes

Well i get like 1900ws buffed as thrust highlander atm, hit like 250s mainhand average 120-150 offhand, but that's 240 qui though, 3.5+2.9 spd weaps.Alb has shit thrust weaps at the moment:p

O

old.Talivar

i got about 1950 ws buffed as crush,capped quick and 4.1 and 3.3 weps and i do about 200 main hand 100 offhand!!:)

F

faderullan

Its weird that mattshanes hit harder then all other mercs tbh...

oh well..

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by faderullan
Its weird that mattshanes hit harder then all other mercs tbh...

oh well..

I posted the screenie on bw.But if you get qui debuffed and use diamond slash with about 100 qui which i had at the time you would do that damage too.But have only once hitted over 700 and that was it.

A

Arnor

i got about 1950 ws buffed as crush,capped quick and 4.1 and 3.3 weps and i do about 200 main hand 100 offhand!!:)

and your dmg-caps are?

"low" str and no relics etc

O

old.Talivar

My str isnt that lot its over 350 buffed im sure, maybe a bit more but u right ive never had str relics :(. After next patch ill get 4.2 speed blunts crafted then ill try a no quick setup.

H

Haldar

damage caps are not affected by relics, ws-upping buffs, dmg table etc.

dmg cap is a function of spec, weapon used (speed and dps), and quickness/haste.

SB with 58 axe//62 LA and qui of ~150 has a DFrost cap of 356 mainhand with 4.2 delay 16.2 dps axe.

on a troll zerker with low qui this number may rise to 400+

H

Hatt

you got zerker nerf.. now you want savage nerf.. and zerker nerf again?

B

bloodclot

they can't win :)

omg it kills me!! nerf omg nerf, mum call mythic!

V

Vodor

Lo peeps long time no see Poon here, posting on V's account as i've problems on mine

That screen was done with 1978 WS 354 Str 223 Qui and a 5.5 spd wep and around a 95% crit style used was Rag and 50+17 sword

Damage like that for zerkers is not commen at least for me anyway, heros can hit for similer caps to mine but due to the zerkers 99% crit ability its just near doubled the damage.

My LA damage is certainly nothing as extream hence the use of 2h while frenzied and both merc and bm dps is higher then the average zerkers, also bear in mind that the frenzy ability leaves me wide open to every attack due to a lowering of AF and a loss of all defence.

If that dmg was done every 3 seconds like old LA frenzy dmg then yes it would need a nerf but as its a 5.5 swing speed and a good crit then i dont see the problem.

M

mehuge

Originally posted by Vodor
That screen was done with 1978 WS 354 Str 223 Qui
Get some decent buffs, add another 100 ws, 34 str and hit him again IMO, then he would really cry :D

But yes, these kinds for hits+crits are not that common and only from a slow 2h with a good style in zerk mode.

H

hotrat

Originally posted by Vodor
also bear in mind that the frenzy ability leaves me wide open to every attack due to a lowering of AF and a loss of all defence.
When I read this why did I think that a very similar thing ought to happen to savages when they use their dps/haste shouts, health loss really doesn't seem like much of a sacrafice at all to me.

Switching to 2hand for frenzy mode does look painful, but a few debuffs + disease and that 2hand 100% str based swing will surely suffer.

Even if a savage hypothetically did the exact same damage as a zerker before debuffs I expect mids would still favour to use it because of its ability to use thrust damage. Anyone actually know why zerkers are not able to do thrust damage? and for that matter SB's as well. Quite nice for mids that SI bought them a thrust using tank, and that it was a pure tank not a hybrid, of course if a savage had been deemed a hybrid it would be very much like a reaver, almost the best tank available to the realm, but no det so no chance :(

V

Vodor

Main reason mid has no thrust damage is it doesnt fit into viking culture

Most weapons were either broadswords or axes both slashing types of damage, spears were another staple weapon but i think they wernt put in as a warrior weapon just due to hibs having them aswell.

Slashing weapons more fit into a Berserkers style of combat slashing or in the case of hammers smashing their weapons vs the enemy.

Btw 354 is full red conn buffs from a bb with no aug str, as thats for roleplayers who want to impress people with their stats or people with too many points to spent on anything usfull ;)

Poon

Users who are viewing this thread