Votes: 242 41.4%
  • Yes, for the races/chars I play myself

Votes: 53 9.1%
  • Yes, all of them

Votes: 279 47.8%

• Total voters

Phalanx

Loyal Freddie
I've been curious about this, is it worth to try to show off your cool headgear and inconnu armor, or will people not see them?

Are you using the Catacombs character models or the classic ones?

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
I use classic models as i think catacomb models looks all screwed up, cant really tell what makes them look so shit, may be too small head, stands and walks ugly.

Phalanx

Loyal Freddie
I use the classic ones too, I get the feeling the game runs bit smoother with the less complex ones, also I agree that they look odd, I think the upper and lower body are not in correct proportions to eachother, the lower body seems too large, especially on male models. Oh, and also all models seem to be wearing dark eyepaint :)

Maelstar

Fledgling Freddie
Nerf catacombs cloaks, they look rediculous swinging around that much when you run.

Also i use classic because i prefer Dark Age of Camelot to Dark Age of Catacombs. Feels like im playing a completely different game when using those graphics

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
Maelstar said:
Nerf catacombs cloaks, they look rediculous swinging around that much when you run.

Also i use classic because i prefer Dark Age of Camelot to Dark Age of Catacombs. Feels like im playing a completely different game when using those graphics

First thing i think of when i saw the cloaks was WTF
WTF the point
WTF whos idea was that? another mythic madness
WTF WTF!!

lol
the armours look kewel though regardless of the disproportions:D
BUT alas my comp to shite to run rvr with it so i use toa long live the toa client:D

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
Aye characters kinda look disfigured with cata, but some of the armor fluff looks nice tbh, and i love luri chicks in cata even more...

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
on some races i use classic, and on some i use cata,

avalonian: Looks cool in classic, completly retarded in cata
celt: ok in classic, cool in cata
Luri (vamp); booring in classic, ûber in cata

etc etc...sometimes i use all classic, sometimes i use all cata..for the changes :D

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Classic.

The Catacombs models looks like something the cat dragged in :<

X

xGenocidex

i use a mix because i think some of the catacombs models look dire

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
I use Catacombs. The old classic ones look like Lego and their faces look like they've been painted on a piece of paper instead of looking realistic. The only Catacombs model I hate is the Berserk morph. Also the Shades of Mist morph still look the same as the classic (not the necro shade). I think they should upgrade it and make a Catacombs model, maybe one that shows some parts of your armour you're wearing aswell so everyone don't look exactly the same on the battlefield.

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
I use Catacombs models for just the realm i play in, i also use the classic horse.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Gungo said:
I use Catacombs models for just the realm i play in, i also use the classic horse.

Does that mean you don't see my cool Gayicorn?

:eek2:

On topic: I use TOA client (and thus classic models) for PvE and DR Client (with all shineys on) for PvE. Helps cause that way I can have different quickbar setups as well for PvR/RvR without having to redo them every time :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i use cata, when it first came out i used them because they were new, i tried to go back to the classic ones but couldnt stand them so went back. square faces/heads are ugly

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Catacombs came out, didn't like the new ones much (seing as I'm 4 years used to the old ones).

1 week with Catacombs models and I would never turn back. TOA models look ugly, old and shit. Cata models really enhance the gameplay for me, brilliant.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Catacombs came out, didn't like the new ones much (seing as I'm 4 years used to the old ones).

1 week with Catacombs models and I would never turn back. TOA models look ugly, old and shit. Cata models really enhance the gameplay for me, brilliant.

i still dont like the way mythic made they "collared" cloak look in cata, its my favorite item in game, shame (allso a reason why i use classic sometimes) ;)

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Cata on alb toa on enemys.. Think toa targets r easier to target

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
cata moddels... couse i don like how my female celt cloak movement in classic :(

alltho thinking of changeing some to classic.. couse britons, saracens, dwarfs, male lurikeens,male celt, male elfs and a few more look cooler in classic. just IMO

Reika

Fledgling Freddie
Here I was thinking I was the only one thta used classic graphics. Wish you could set the mobs and capitals to use classic graphics too.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
i use the TOA client for RVR cus its runs quicker and smoother and thats whats important for me.

Main reason i dont use cata/ Dr unless i have to....they switched the mouselook axis so its inverted so everytime i go to look up i look down and when im camera panning i like to have good control over where im panning the camera to.

If anyone can tell me how to switch the camera pan axis back to the way toa does it i would be most happy.

Moriatroll

Fledgling Freddie
u can switch invert in options in char selection screen, clock on mouse look <something>. Also i like the cata models but it lags far to much for me in rvr, so i use toa when rvr'ing

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I am now forcing myself to use the Catacombs models (hey, gotta move with the times!), and I am starting to get used to it. My pet peeve is, as others have mentioned, the cloak: it is not wide enough, and it swings in a totally gay and unsymmetric manner.

On the other hand, the cloak on classic female Celt and Briton models was odd as well, made the character look hunch-backed...

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
catacombs - classic is ugleee!

have you seen a norse woman /smile ? I claim it's a bug.
I use catacombs on all enemies, but not on mid chars.. no option for that in poll though :(

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
I had to laugh a little when I now see that many are still using classic, and think they look better! :D

Well u do as u like, but can u honoustly say the classic graphic is good? .. cmon... :p

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
Catacombs for PvE Classic for ultimate no lag on RvR

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
I've only had one day of catacombs graphics but I think they're much better than the old models, feels a bit different yeah.. a bit like changing from the 2d client to the pseudo 3d client in UO. :p

Things

Fledgling Freddie
Maelstar said:

they swing to the left go back to the centre and goes left again, it dont swing the other way :twak:

Graphics are cool with catas-

but classic is better as i just dont think the top half of the bodies is correct with catacombs. although i play alb, i have to say the most screwed up looking race is Dwarf. the shoulders are round. the facial hair look great but the upper body is completely fooked.

i play with catacomb models on some of the races, mainly incounn as i love my bald head with massive mutten chops :worthy:

tbh i dont see the point in having hib/mid classes as catacombs because by the time i can see them im normaly typing /release :fluffle:

but some ppl like them some peeps dont :bazbeer:

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
There isn't a single cata model I like better than the classic models. Not a single one :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom