Are you planning on purchasing Darkness Rising?

Do you plan on purchasing Darkness Rising?

• Yes

Votes: 288 82.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 8.6%
  • Not Decided

Votes: 31 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
No idea where it'll be sold once it goes on sale.

Probably like the last time, Game dictate when it gets sold in the UK, but don't actually stock it.

Online stockists ftw - may get it a day or two later, but you get it.

Darzil
Darkness Rising is only available for digital download.

So get ahead and so you don't have a slow download speed on patch day, you can download it from the US servers, and change the update.dat after installing to,

Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/darkness/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/darkness/mpatch.dat

you can download Darkness Rising from - http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/DarknessRising/download.php

E

EmeraldSpider

Thanks Penlid, downloading it the first time was a pain in the bum and seemed to take for ever, thanks for heads up.
Means I only have to buy a keycode and change the dat and away I go :)

Thanks Again

Ele

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Ill be buying it for one account, maybe BB one later on (or both accounts if wife decides she wants her acc. bk ;P)

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:
Are you able to participate in a thread without mentioning you play on the US servers?

Does it really matter what he posts ?

Are you able to post on a thread without whining at people

I'm basiclly implying what you have said so now you can see the pointlessness (wow i evented a new word) in your post.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Penlid said:
Darkness Rising is only available for digital download.

Rly?

Play.com Thinks Otherwise!

872782m.jpg

eble

Fledgling Freddie
This will be the same as the Catacombs release for UK players tho, will be available on Friday which is 2 days after the release date.

Much better off downloading from the US (which I have done already) then just a simple purchase on the day of the serial number and a quick update and your away.

Much better that way than waiting until your box arrives on the Monday/Tuesday following, unless your lucky and can find a local hard copy version.

I play from Australia so digital is the way to go for me, tho I do order expansions normally from play for my BB account.

Eble

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Job said:
Too lazy to read all the stuff, how will DR play out on Classic server?

its a must on classic servers.. its ok On ToA servers but it isnt needed 100%

Omegah

Fledgling Freddie
I VOTE YES anyone know how much it costs??? i got 6 accounts it needs putting on hehe :p

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
I really hope that the British players don't have the debacle we had over the last two add-ons, delayed releases etc. I am very curious to see if GOA has taken on evreything us Brits had to put up with.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Yes if only for the champion harp on my minstrel. No more having to wait 15 mins wearing harp necklace with gimped stats everytime I LD or relog.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Personally I just hope the sub pages can handle the added weight from ppl activating their copy of DR.

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
"This expanions will not change your performance in RvR, just like ToA." so i guess we all have to buy it then!

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
MaditioN said:
"This expanions will not change your performance in RvR, just like ToA." so i guess we all have to buy it then!

For rvr on a ToA/buffbot server it really will have a very limited effect tbh. Sure you gain 10% extra base hits/power (2% each CL iirc), but the subclassing is nearly useless there (for rvr groups with buffbots etc), and i doubt you will even notice its effect. Buy it for the 10% hits etc, go talk to king, frag on as usuall.

It will have more of an impact on the Classic server for sure, but will also present more options there, without really overpowering anything as far as i can see from looking at the speclines. If you play a stealther on it f.ex. it will be a must ofc, so you can have buffs - if you play a group character you gain some very minor abilities to round out your character, and nothing on the level of master abilities etc. Mostly it seems to serve to make fights last alil longer (most subclassing specs will make characters alil more defensive), which imo is a good thing.
Ok Vamps will be alil more overpowered since they can equip a small shield and still use claw etc, and therefore gain more sc-slots and 5% basic blockrate. Bit of an oversight from Mythic there.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
more content is always a good thing, looking forward to a few more toys for soloing with, and ofc a horse!

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
more content is always a good thing, looking forward to a few more toys for soloing with, and ofc a horse!

...take it to the edge of a cliff, say Skona Ravine....i hear they push back better then.... :sex:

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
The pushback theory has been disproved. I can quote sources.

Falukropp

Fledgling Freddie
Planned to not buy the earlier expansions, so guess I'll buy this one aswell :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom