Votes: 107 43.1%
  • NO! :-(

Votes: 117 47.2%
  • I dont RvR! :-0

Votes: 24 9.7%

• Total voters

Belgorian

Fledgling Freddie
Yes I am enjoying RVR on the Excal/Prydwyn cluster at the moment, Lots of variety and Lots of action!! Prime time population is currently hitting 700 plus and despite the unfortunate recent loss in numbers, I cant ever remember RVR being this busy.

The mids have had a really positive impact on RVR lately, as have the Hibbies despite their low numbers. There are certain people in all realms that are really doing a great a job trying to get the server back up.

It's very Sad that some people that decided to leave the server have to keep popping back on FH to stick the knife in! Sometimes in quite subtle ways.

Belgorian LVL50 Armsman
RR9L6-Guildmaster of LOE and
thoroughly nice chap!

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
Belgorian said:
Yes I am enjoying RVR on the Excal/Prydwyn cluster at the moment, Lots of variety and Lots of action!! Prime time population is currently hitting 700 plus and despite the unfortunate recent loss in numbers, I cant ever remember RVR being this busy.

The mids have had a really positive impact on RVR lately, as have the Hibbies despite their low numbers. There are certain people in all realms that are really doing a great a job trying to get the server back up.

It's very Sad that some people that decided to leave the server have to keep popping back on FH to stick the knife in! Sometimes in quite subtle ways.

Belgorian LVL50 Armsman
thoroughly nice chap!

QFT! :)

krall

Fledgling Freddie
Can't agree more than whit Belgorian - specialy the last part:fluffle:

Jollz

Loyal Freddie
Having some fun get fed up with all the zerging!. Mid's and hib's are trying to run with FG's but still alb's camp and zerg. :eek7:

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Belgorian said:

Belgorian LVL50 Armsman
thoroughly nice chap!

Amen to that / rep:drink:

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Belgorian said:

Belgorian LVL50 Armsman
thoroughly nice chap!

ye, atm - primetime - cluster has almost 600 players... out of which 101 hibs.
from those 100 hibs, 26 are in RVR including buffbots. :eek7:

PS. if you dont have your 'bane of hibernia' title already, you will have a hard time gettin one.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Current update on GoA site.

Active chracters:
Albs: 1218
Hibs: 560
Mids: 893

On the 5th of october, these were the numbers:
Albs: 1422
Hibs: 1223
Mids: 1226

Which means, these last 3 months, these have left the server:

Albs: 204
Hibs: 663
Mids: 333

That's more than half of hib population gone since the "incidents" occured.

Some interesting numbers there imo :)

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Arethir said:

Active chracters:

No one can complain when they get pop bonuses now though ;).

Those figures just look awful tbh :(. & yes I've contributed by leaving Hib before people start pointing out the blindingly obvious. Thing is RvR was no longer fun so what are you supposed to do? Try & take keeps back again knowing that it's pointless & someone will undo it in the dead of night; roam Agramon & meet the same 3 other groups all night (no offense to those 3 groups mind, just that a bit of variety is needed); or sit in a zerg, be it on a tower or bridge, even when it's not my thing & there's really not that many hibs to sit in a zerg with.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir said:

Active chracters:

If I've read your post correctly, those figures relate to the number of active characters? Or active accounts? I'd like to know how many actual players are actively playing on the UK Cluster ATM. It's hard to tell with those stats because most people have multiple accounts and characters. I myself have 5 active accounts and 10 active characters, so if others have similar then the actual player base could be between 100 - 300 people.

A real difference from 5 years ago when there were regularly 2500 - 3000 players active on BOTH Prydwen and Excalibur.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
hehe, 'more busy than ever'. Jesus fucking christ. Two out of three times I logged in this week me and my bot were the only peeps in Cain. Once was 4pm yesterday, other time was around 11pm last week. Okay neither is peak time, but I've never seen it that dead at those hours either, it's pathetic.

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Arethir said:

Active chracters:

Thats only active characters,that dosnt meand 1.2k ppl have left,might only be 150-200 players

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Eh, well, which part of *Active characters* did you not understand? :p

Ofc the number of active players are lower.

But Active characters is a better standard than Active players imo. Cause the activeness of the players are very different, and more active characters tells me more online people at any random time.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
just done a /who in hib/excal and a /who in mid/merlin

hib EU 56
mid US 462

This is around 11:30 uk time, though i have been doing /who throughout the day on hib/excal and its not got past 110ish people

The server is fine!

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Raimo said:
Thats only active characters,that dosnt meand 1.2k ppl have left,might only be 150-200 players

Based on that maths (1,200 / 200 = 6 active chars each) then hib now has (560/6=) 93 rl players... on a cluster...... And this isn't even taking into account people that actively play more than one account.

Now that's what I call active.

Now I suppose it depends how you define active but I know that I used to RvR on 5 diff chars on 3 different accounts & farm with 6 chars over those same 3 accounts weekly. Meaning I actively played 11 chars? The number of rl players could be much lower (or higher I suppose). That's not even taking into account the ones I crafted on :/.

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Genedril said:
Based on that maths (1,200 / 200 = 6 active chars each) then hib now has (560/6=) 93 rl players... on a cluster...... And this isn't even taking into account people that actively play more than one account.

Now that's what I call active.

Now I suppose it depends how you define active but I know that I used to RvR on 5 diff chars on 3 different accounts & farm with 6 chars over those same 3 accounts weekly. Meaning I actively played 11 chars? The number of rl players could be much lower (or higher I suppose). That's not even taking into account the ones I crafted on :/.
Actively playing dosnt mean u play all of em every day,log in once every 3 days or so and thats alrdy been active on it.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Again, there's alot of people that only has one or two chars they play. Like Daemyr the noob cleric, with only 1 char! And I played 4 chars on alb when i played cluster, and Genedril here played 11. So basically, I think active characters is a better way to see it.

Btw the link that was posted to see active people on the servers etc, is there such a link with maybe more clear numbers, where the realms are divided aswell, and not just the servers? It doesn't tell me alot when I can't see the realm they play in.
Just thinking, the numbers I got from GoA site changes every day and may be more or less inaccurate. Maybe it's a good/bad week etc.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Someone give a link showing active players in each realm each day and week and year etc please :) If such a thing excists! Reps will be handed out!

Wyst

Fledgling Freddie
My feeling is that Hib/Pryd has all but disappeared as contributing to those numbers at all. Id be surprised if there are more than 20 regular hib/pryd people online at any given time (thats people not characters)

Just looking at the lwrps on the euro camelot site shows everything you need to know. There was a week where I was the only active warden with any rps at all, one week where I was the only active BM and one week where there wasnt a single bard with any rps at all

Its a little better at present, just with AE topping all the categories and being the only guild getting what was formerly a measurable amount of rps

Warkles ML raid over the weekend had a similar feel, I could only see about 4 people who were -pryd, 2 of them were Warkle, me and Landra, everyone else seemed to be -excal (tho there were a few comers and goers for different parts of the raid)

So no Hib/pryds in rvr, no hib/pryds in pve, just no hib/pryds left

Is it similar for alb/pryd, mid/pryd proportionally to -excal?

Just wondering if all the prydwenites have gone and left the server cluster to the excallies from all three realms.

<wanders off demoralised but overall not yet in the no category>

Belgorian

Fledgling Freddie
Wyst said:
Is it similar for alb/pryd, mid/pryd proportionally to -excal?

Just wondering if all the prydwenites have gone and left the server cluster to the excallies from all three realms.

<wanders off demoralised but overall not yet in the no category>

Dont think this is the case to be honest, Its sad that Hibbie numbers are so low on the server, but those that are playing are having an impact on RVR.

Statistics can be quite misleading I know, but the DAOC Europe Roll of Honour, appears to reflect how I see the server at the moment. I really dont know how many account holders make up the following stats and in some respects it must be irrelevant as it should be the same for all realms.

Last week shows the following characters in each realm achieveing over 10,000 Realm Points (not many for a week I know).

HIB 203 ( 74 Pryd and 129 Excal)
Mid 296 (124 Pryd and 172 Excal)
Alb 345+(145 Pryd and 200+ Excal)

Total weekly realm points for each realm

HIB 546 Million (164M Pryd-382M Excal)
Mid 961 Million (447M Pryd-514M Excal)
Alb 896 Million (298M Pryd-598M Excal)

Average Realm Points per character.

Hib 26,896
Mid 32,462
Alb 25971+

I have really not struggled to find RVR action in the last few weeks and there appears to be lots of variety with the type of RVR (1V1/8V8 etc). All the server really needs is some more Hibbies to return to bring some balance to the game.

Those hibbies that are playing are really having an impact on RVR and earning realm points , the only other thing we need, is of course, for all realms to take a sensible approach to Relic taking..

I personally still feel quite optimistic for the server's future, I dont know whats going to happen to DAOC when WAR comes out, but I am going to make sure that I get some more fun out of this server while I can.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Belgorian said:
Total weekly realm points for each realm
HIB 546 Million (164M Pryd-382M Excal)
Mid 961 Million (447M Pryd-514M Excal)
Alb 896 Million (298M Pryd-598M Excal)
These numbers are definately wrong ^^
With 447M devided on 339 active characters (not even players) on mid/pryd, that would mean everyone made 1.32 million rps last week.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Cluster is just about holding it together at the moment. There are some good fights about if you go looking but we spent a quite a bit of time in what was irvr looking for fights which you didn't need to do a while back.

What will kill the cluster is LOTM (people always leave when I new expansion comes out) and Summer, I don't think the cluster will survive it. There is always a drop in players at that time and last summer not everyone came back afterwards and with all the AC Raids/TT/GOA nonsense even more left.

Belgorian

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir said:
These numbers are definately wrong ^^
QUOTE]

Yep your right, dunno where they get the weekly realm total's from??, but the individual ones are correct for me. Hopefully they are for others as well. Cant be bothered to add up and average out the individual weekly Rpts, but having said that, a quick glance says that the ones I have posted, could still be fairly close to accurate.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Gibbo said:
Cluster is just about holding it together at the moment. There are some good fights about if you go looking but we spent a quite a bit of time in what was irvr looking for fights which you didn't need to do a while back.

What will kill the cluster is LOTM (people always leave when I new expansion comes out) and Summer, I don't think the cluster will survive it. There is always a drop in players at that time and last summer not everyone came back afterwards and with all the AC Raids/TT/GOA nonsense even more left.

umm... numbers go _up_ quite significantly every time there's a new expansion.

Plus LOTM has the labyrinth which will give you somewhere to get almost guaranteed fights no matter the time of day or population.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:

Plus LOTM has the labyrinth which will give you somewhere to get almost guaranteed fights no matter the time of day or population.

Excuse me, why should I buy some LoTM copies to play on a cluster with very low population?

In my opinion we should boycott it to make a statement. Maybe someone will wake up then and stop making very bad decisions like fragmenting the player base by technically implied language bariers or opening servers with almost no perspective (spanish / italian) or by opening different ruleset servers (PvP, "classic").

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:

I would certainly say there is room for optimism with the Expansion but you can see the dillemma -

Jan: cluster the cluster now? Its after crimbo and there is always a dip so not reliable.
Feb: cluster the cluster now? Can't LOTM will bring more new players in.

It must be a nightmare deciding on this. However, and this is the clincher. Why did they cluster Avalon and Lyonn then when Avalon had over double the figures Dyvet has? If they did that why aren't they actively looking to cluster Dyvet. It is inconsistent and hard to fathom.

Ho Hum....

Ludh1

Banned
Sharkith, shut the fuck up. No one cares. Just play Avalon and leave everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom