Are you an Altoholic?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Myself ive played one character since release almost exclusively (53 now), with only two alts at levels 11 and 6. Ive noticed that some guildmates have 3 or 4 alts that they play actively though, an hour on each, or a night on each, alternating from night to night etc.

Is this signifieing anything? :) Are the altoholics easier bored with one class or do they dont like when the exping curve starts to get steep? Are they afraid of finding out later that they chose the "wrong" class to concentrate on? Its true that when you hit level 40+ things start getting more complicated, mobs get tougher in comparison to you unless you keep your gear up to date (which gets harder) and you more often need a group to accomplish quests etc. Starting an alt then might seem attractive :)

Personaly i dont want to relive the same quests again and again tho, thats why im sticking with one character for 99% of my gametime. Also, since i play on a pvp server its nice to keep up with the upper leveling curve to some extent (lots of 60's starting to show up now).

Anyway, are you playing one character mainly, or do you share your time between several? And why? :)

Maghica

One of Freddy's beloved
I did it in DAoC and I'm doing it here all over again ....
alts
alts
alts
and for the plain and simple reason that I like crafting

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I have one character that I play, and another for fourm use, since I can't post usign my Shadow Moon Character.

Haven't got time to level 2 characters, nor the willpower.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Oh yes, I've used all 10 slots on my server and another couple on a different server I plan to play on in the future, although that's mostly to reserve the names I tend to keep ... the names of my characters are really quite important to me as daft as that might sound:)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I am a definate Alt-a-holic, I made my priest... then around lvl25 I rolled a rogue... got her to 20... rolled a Warrior... got him to 13... played my priest a little more and get 28... rolled a Warlock, and got lvl20 on him this afternoon... I was considering rolling a Paladin or Druid, but i've told myself i'm not allowed to roll anymore alts until I finish Gnomeregon :)

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
got my lvl 40 paladin so far, and a lvl 10 shammy I haven't touched since release =) I really want a lvl 60 before starting on alts.

Syri

FH is my second home
I've got my warlock at 37, got a couple of level 10s though, but nothing else higher, just play those every now and then if i get to a brick wall moment, or if i just fancy a change for a bit.

Wyleia

Fledgling Freddie
Definitely not an Altoholic here.. Played one character on alb, one character on hib and now i got my one character on WoW.. I got a few alts to 50 on daoc but never played them so was a waste of time. I like caster classes and I just cant see playing any other caster class in WoW without the ability to conjure water! :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Playing on an RP server, and with no Battlegrounds yet introduced, I don't feel the rush to level. So yes I'm an alt-aholic. At present my main character is a 48 warlock, but I also have a 22 warrior, 14 priest and a level 6 mage ;) I regularly alternate between them, depending on which guildmates are online and what instances people want to do and how much rested xp I have on each.

Ironically I prefer the warrior at present, and wish that I had started with him. There is a serious lack of good instance warriors on our server - virtually the only one in his level 50's spends half of his time afk. The loser made our group wait outside Zul'Farrak for ten minutes yesterday while he was selling stuff in Gadgetzan, then when we went inside after a bit of fighting he went afk for nearly 20 minutes until the game auto-booted him for inactivity. Sorry, had to vent :D

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
I get frustrated if i need to thinking about lvling two at once. So no alts.

Nala

Fledgling Freddie
Serious altaholic cos so many of the classes in WoW appeal to me, have 3 lvl 40's and a few others in the 20-30 range ;|

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
When I'm not raiding with my main I'm always messing around with alts, nothing serious though just fun to do :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Just the one character for me.

But i let my girlfriend have ago on it last week and shes hooked lol.... shes getting a new computer this week just to play it lmao :) so we gonna team up together she wants to be a mage so i guess its a priest for me.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Just playing my warrior, too lazy to make any more than one character. My brother will probably let me try his priest once he gets it to 60 anyway.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:

But i let my girlfriend have ago on it last week and shes hooked lol.... shes getting a new computer this week just to play it lmao :) so we gonna team up together she wants to be a mage so i guess its a priest for me.

you've achieved every mans dream :)

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:

Omg, give more girlfriends like this! :)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Always have been and always will be a proud member of Altoholics Anonymous.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
I never owned a main character... :(

U have no need to own a main char seel!
teh seel > all

anyhow. i have loadz of alts. my main is a 45 priest. but the leveling can get slow and when all ur quests are starting to be orange elites and getting a grp 2gether that can do them is really hard it down heartens u :(
another reason is i have many friends joining the game at different times so i have dif alts that i play with dif people, altho most of the time i just run around using my priest to help the lower lvls quest to get nearer to my lvl.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
When I look at my character selection screen in WoW, I see all slots filled with character of various levels (1 level 35, all the rest varying between levels 1 and 12). And it's like this on two servers (except that on Dragonblight, 12 is about my highest level character at the moment :) )...I think I can consider my self an altoholic. :)

glabbin

One of Freddy's beloved
i got my 44hunter that im bored with, a 22paladin, 14priest, and recently started a rouge today at lvl7 atm..

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
I will exclusively play 1 char till I get 60 - but if its anything like DAoC - once I get there, then I start experimenting with alts, normally gets a bit easier aswell if your main can do a bit of crafting and has some drops for them in the bank :)

Maghica

One of Freddy's beloved
In my opinion it's way easier to level a few alts at the same time. When you alternate between them, they are always 'well rested' and get super xp+bonus, so the leveling goes faster...and they profit from eachothers craft/drops :clap:

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Maghica said:
In my opinion it's way easier to level a few alts at the same time. When you alternate between them, they are always 'well rested' and get super xp+bonus, so the leveling goes faster...and they profit from eachothers craft/drops :clap:
Quoted for truth.

Fin

Fledgling Freddie
58 shammy, 290 leather, 300 skin
40 hunter, 205 mine, 290 skin
23 mage, 225 tailor, 225 chant
20 warrior, 160 mine, 180 smith
5 priest, 50 herb, 50 alch

and yes, crafting is all

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Got a lvl 34 rogue
Got a lvl 21 Warrior
Got a lvl 10 Priest
Got a lvl 6 Hunter
Got a lvl 11 mage

Tho there is a very good reason.

In FB i played a rogue 2 lvl 12, then i remade and got 2 lvl 14, so id played a rogue twice, and in release i started again, on a rogue and got 2 lvl 12 before i was told i had 2 change servers 2 play with my friend, by this time i decided id play a mage which i got 2 lvl 12, before my friend decided that the server ques were 2 long :mad: EVEN THO I FUCKING TOLD HIM THEY WOULD BE ON THAT SERVER! so we moved back 2 bladefist, where i made another rogue (changed the name and look a tiny bit) and leveled that up 2 lvl 28, feeling the chars a little overpowered (its true, rogue r overpowered, only class i have trouble with is priest some times a good mage can b hard but eveyrthing else dies :p) i rolled a warrior, which i got 2 lvl 21, now at this time id already rolled my priest and hunter i was leveling very slowly, when the warrior was 21 i felt a bit worn out and i went back 2 my rogue which is now 34 :D. Now im leveling rogue 2 lvl 40 for a mount and then im leveling my hunter up a bit (always loved the look of hunters with pet it seems really cool).

so thats my plan.

NOW! i also have a lvl 10 shaman and a lvl 12 hunter because my friends keep insisting on trying different servers and horde.

my friend who insisted on changing server has now gone through 5/6 servers and i think he has finally settled on horde pvp with a druid or something :p he's gone through about 20 chars i think and i expect him 2 come back2 alliance by the end of the month :p lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom