Question Are you a game finisher, or a game player?

The question that here on thread is on, yes?

• Total voters

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Pretty straightforward as on tin.

Game finisher; plays games through, complete storyline, last boss, whatnot, end credits.

Game player; rarely finishes a game.

I'm a player myself, play a lot of games, but a rare game here and there makes me finish it. Mostly due to spending a lot of time exploring and dicking around and then jumping on another game :p

So, opinionate and pollinate.

EDIT: i fail at poll it seems, clicked the wrong one. Some mod fix my fail :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
End credits all the time.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I almost never finish a game :)

I finshed CoD4 twice, I love that game, but other than that the game before that I finished would have been like Quake 3 or something :D

eksdee

FH is my second home
If the game is good enough, I finish it. Probably finish 75% of the games I play.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Depends on the game, if its good enough, ill finish it.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
If it's good I'll finish it. If I'm not having fun, I'll skip it.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
same as ST ill usually finish most games but if it doesnt hold my interest i just let it fester

gohan

FH is my second home
I tend to play games that have no end

multiplayers FPS's ect like cod,

or sports games like Fifa or FM

and DAOC

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Same as me Gohan. (Except the gay DAOC bit :) )

By the way, if you want to play S-D CoD I'm on that 1Para server quite a lot these days :)

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
finisher, I started off with final fantasy and nowadays its games like Fable/Dragon Age etc.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'm a 50/50 guy. I enjoy finishing games, but I also get bored pretty fast. Longer games, like Egosoft's X* series, I only ever completed X2 once.

Also, I have a *really* hard time replaying games, even those that offer slightly different story lines based on choices, etc.

I only recently started replaying Fall Out 3, because of the prettifying patches that enhance game play. The quests -I'm on Arefu atm- I can almost all remember exactly from my first play through over 2 years ago.

gohan

FH is my second home
Same as me Gohan. (Except the gay DAOC bit :) )

By the way, if you want to play S-D CoD I'm on that 1Para server quite a lot these days :)

I mainly play on FFF's server but i dislkine all gametypes that aren't S&D so may join ya lol

Corran

Part of the furniture
i said 50/50/... but it more like 80/20. Completely depends on if i am enjoying it or not

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If it's the sort of game with an ending and it's not shite I tend to finish 'em.

Otherwise FPS's...

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I always try to play a game to completion, will drop it though if I feel the story is shit

Kryten

Old Cow.
I tend to finish games if they're good enough but that is rarely the case these days. If it's good enough, I'll probably go back and finish it again. If it's anything like DNF was then it'll get played until I think "Fuck this" and it'll be consigned to the recycle bin and sold on Music Magpie for £3.50.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
How do you finnish a mmo? :D

and singelplayer games play them for a week a day a hour and then I usualy get bored.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I remember a screen shot of some mid getting RR10 where there was a photoshopped message saying. "Congratulations, you have completed DAOC on easy mode, now restart on normal mode" made be laugh at the time.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
I tend to get about 75% of the way through a game and lose my way a little, lose interest or the story line lets me down, the games which have me hooked from start to finish I can count on one hand.

taB

Part of the furniture
I rarely finish games and tend to drift away from them. Even Fallout 3 which I played for ages roaming the wasteland I never actually finished. I generally find that completing a game is a let down and so don't often bother.

Helme

Resident Freddy
I rarely finish games, in the last 2 years or so I've maybe finished like 5-6 in total. That doesn't necessarily mean I don't like the games though. I've probably got like 150 hours into New Vegas and I still haven't even really begun doing the main-quest because I get easily sidetracked :p

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I just don't get time to finish games these days, I've got so many other things i'd rather be doing, so i'm a game player. Assasin's Creed was probably the last game I spent a lot of time playing, but I never finished it.

Hmm mind you, the Uncharted series - I did finish those.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I tend to prefer games that don't have an ending, stuff like Left 4 Dead, etc.

So I just have no idea what to pick.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Yeh, games with an ending tend to have a low replay value for the obvious reason.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I get bored half way through most of the time, maybe thats the game itself, dunno

I do finish all the Ratchett & Clank, and Uncharted games though, but then i do love playing them

Hmmm.....see above

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Depends if they have shit annoying bits. If they do they're less likely to be completed and left at the place they decided to implement a woeful game mechanic.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
i play competitive so as Gohan i rarely play to finish. Last game i completed was probably SC2. I do like horror adventure games or RPGs without too much shizzle (so no Dragon Age and shit)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Mainly a game player. used to be a finisher but that was when I was young and had no money, so I did everything in that game before I could afford another one. Now I rarely finish a game, very few games hold my attention long enough to finish them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom