Are we in control of our own decisions?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just downloaded the TED app on my wife's phone. Will check it out

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I'm not going to be so arrogant or contrary to suggest that I don't get caught out by questions framed in those terms. I do however over-analyse any form that I fill out. If there's a tick box, I will make damn sure I read what it's for. If there are 3 options where 2 are similar to each other, I'll actually take a step back in my mind and perform a sort of logical calculus to determine if it's worthwhile. If it costs more money, chances are I'll reject the option (my inner skinflint is strong).

The best everyday example that we're all familiar with would be "buy one get one half price", or "3 for 2" at your local supermarket. When you look at the offer, what goes through your head? "Wow what a saving!", or "I'll end up paying more"?
I tend not to buy those multi-buy offers unless I was getting the product anyway. I will consider a product on reduction if it is comparable to what I'd normally get.

In fact I'm looking at a flyer for a subscription for Doctor Who Monster Invasion trading card magazine (remember, eldest daughter is a Dr.Who nut). Issue 1 is £1.50, thereafter £5.20 for 2 issues despatched together every 4 weeks by direct debit.
Right after it is another option. Dr.Who MI may feature special card collector albums which you can receive automatically at a special discounted subscriber price of £3.99.
Then there's another option. MI may feature special subscriber card collector tins which you can receive automatically at a special discounted subscriber price of £9.99.

Just so you know, you can pick up the albums for the regular price of... £3.99 and the special collector tins without a subscription for the regular price of.... £9.99! :)

The way the offer is worded makes it sound like you're going to get a preferential rate on the albums and tins, when in fact you don't get a reduction at all. Sneaky bastards!

The Tardis card box they gave away with issue 2 is pretty decent though.
http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/monster-invasion-cards-tardis-storage-case/
Mrs.Zenith wants to get one as a jewellery box. :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
We are all influenced in some way by our environment. This is not a new thing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom