Are there no more challenges anymore ?

Ancient Seagul

Fledgling Freddie
I was on one of the very first dragon raids in Albion. I remember it because there were between 500 - 600 ppl at or around Cornwall Station. Blew Mythic's servers for a few hours LOL !

Come to think of it, some of the Legion DF raids were massively populated, but don't recall the numbers TBH. Certainly less than that dragon event.

There were a stack of ppl all /stick ing to each other when there was a shout that Mid or Hib were planning to take Castle Excalibur. The screen was an absolute mess of laggy colour. It was horrible LOL!

Anyone know if Mythic's servers are more robust now. Wonder what the guaranteed population level per zone is now before they go pop...?

Who's up for cramming an entire realm into a Guild House..? :kissit:

:cheers:

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Remember the days when you had to wait for a tree camp (alb)
Remember the days when having a glowing sword actualy ment something
Remember the days when epic mobs in lyn barfog were worth hunting

Pep'ridge Farm remembers.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Played the game from the start, got 1 level 50, less than 4000 rps, never done a quest, no fancy armour, no TOA anything whatsoever.

The game has become BG1 for me. cos in there fancy stuff has much less effect, can't compete with hardcore players and when I do go out in just seems to be huge zerg on zerg, BG1 is so more civilised.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I also remember when I was young...the summers were longer, everything was magical, a whole world of possibility and intruige lay ahead.

Then the cold hard truth slowly dawned on me...what a pile of shite.

God, if you do exist...fuck off and let someone else have a go.

B

Ballad

Ancient Seagul said:
With each new patch, it seems that our characters are becoming - or at least have the potential to become - massively powerful compared to the days before ToA, SI, or Darkness Falls.

Remember playing the game when it was first released ? Now look at how far the game has advanced. In the old days, 50th level took MUCH longer to attain, there were much less 50’s running around. I can remember that seeing someone who was 50th level to be EXTREMELY rare, and everyone regarded them with extreme awe. 50th level was seen by many of us as almost mythical. Perhaps that was part and parcel of being a newbie.

Now, people can get 50’s in a weekend. For me, the awe given to a 50th level character died long before someone announced on Barry’s World that they had created a 50 Necro in 6 days ! It seems that practically every person you meet has a 50 main, and cos people appear to be able to get to 50 much quicker, we are seeing some very inexperienced players in RVR (who should probably have taken a little more time in PVE before going into Emain as self-proclaimed DAOC veterans (LOL!) learning the game mechanics, learning some manners & courtesy, and learning how to be a more rounded, less selfish team player)

So now, we’re all running around powered up to the eyeballs. 50th level isn’t enough. Even having 5 or 6 level 50 characters is like “yeah, and..?”. Buff bots (which go against the spirit of the game IMO) are now essential for most people (god knows why ! are you lot afraid of what might happen if you didn't have healing on tap ? kinda makes everything easier doesn't it ?). RR10L10 is now considered to be de regeur. ML10 is old news now. We’re gods running around in a world far to big for us all to fill, where the today’s end-game challenges and epic mobs requiring 2 FG are tomorrow’s solo tasks.

Are there any challenges in Classic game PVE anymore ? In the old days, you wouldn’t go near Calleach Priests. I suppose most of you claim you can solo them, yes ? (Anyone who wants to prove to me they can without the aid of a buff-bot, send me a Freddy PM...LOL ! No response ? Miss your BB ? Thought so ! LOL !)

In a world where everyone owns a sports car and races along at 300 kph, is there still a haven for people who still enjoy driving gently around in an old second hand car…?

:)
The same happend with EQ. Nowdays people are farming gods in the planes and wielding weapons with immortality procs etc. I'm quite sad to see DAoC going on the same tracks. Hope WoW gets out quickly. :(

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
oh yeah, I sooo miss riding from huginfell to svasud after every death in rvr... and that was alot of riding as healers almost never rezzed since it wasnt worth anything.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
ah memories

I remeber the first time we killed vrillis and favo in mithra, i allmost creamed my pants ^_^
though it wasnt all grt, remeber pallys b4 they had a taunt o_O , man my pally was gimped back then, and the mistake with friars weps being dex based but mythic making thier str raise instead lol.

ToA ultimately ruined it for me though, spellcrafting wasnt so bad in SI, though it did ruin the point of going and farming the glowys from half the old mobs, but i guess its 50/50.

With capped energy resists i can get 2 shotted by a hb pbaoe b4 i can even react with this new toa crap, i dont remeber such insane dmg back in the old days, and as for cast spd.. its a pity im going to try WoW, i cant really see it being a failure tbh, though ill come back to daoc if it is, but like someone else said, Catacombs - its just going to introduce more powerful items into the game ruining the fun even more. 2 shotted now - probably be one shotted from 4500 range with an insta nuke arti in cats :(

ofc im just speculating , and they cant go back on the stuff theyve allready made, but they shuld sort the balance out and lower the dmg u can take in RvR bcoz some battles can be over in 5-10 secs these days and its such a pity.

Took me 2 years to finally get a 50 after <and i mean this litterally i promise> about 25 odd lvl 30-35s, b4 i settled on a friar , and deleted it 4 weeks later and went hib, came back made it again <wasnt aware GoA could undelete at the time >_<, > , then once i hit 50, i deleted him that night <Ask jimmythepost if u dont believe me> and went mid.

I think the pure prospect of the battles in RvR put me off 50s for a while, but now i have a 50 minstrel, im just wondering when im going to delete her for good too <3 times allready lmao, they must love me at GoA>.

Well i ranted on forever O_O

but to cap, yeah i miss the old days pre ToA , but what can u do :/

Xplo

Banned
oh yeah i remember it... CRIPPLE IT FFS!! OMG DONT HIT THE CRIP!!11 AMAGAD YOU KILLED IT REPULL!!1&one

Buliwyf

Fledgling Freddie
Klonk said:
Time put into this game is ofc not to be underestimated. However, a fg of noobs constantly dying in rvr would not get rr10l10 no matter how much they might play, the same is ofc true of most casual players (myself included)

Actually you are wrong :) I'm an utter complete !n00b! and ive managed to get rr3L8 on my sb so far lol

Ormorof

FH is my second home
mistake with friars weps being dex based but mythic making thier str raise instead lol.

hey SB's still have that problem, str based weapon but dex increased :p

anyway noobs can get some rps, ive got my 3 of my chars (so far) past rr3 (and im quite proud of it too!) so in a few years ill make rr10 i guess :p

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
Xplo said:
oh yeah i remember it... CRIPPLE IT FFS!! OMG DONT HIT THE CRIP!!11 AMAGAD YOU KILLED IT REPULL!!1&one

omg i forgot that.......

the famouse tree pull's .....

DONT HIT IT ANYMORE !!! and then some stopid armsman should just take 1 tinny swing more with his pole....

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Ancient Seagul said:
With each new patch, it seems that our characters are becoming - or at least have the potential to become - massively powerful compared to the days before ToA, SI, or Darkness Falls.

Remember playing the game when it was first released ? Now look at how far the game has advanced. In the old days, 50th level took MUCH longer to attain, there were much less 50’s running around. I can remember that seeing someone who was 50th level to be EXTREMELY rare, and everyone regarded them with extreme awe. 50th level was seen by many of us as almost mythical. Perhaps that was part and parcel of being a newbie.

Now, people can get 50’s in a weekend. For me, the awe given to a 50th level character died long before someone announced on Barry’s World that they had created a 50 Necro in 6 days ! It seems that practically every person you meet has a 50 main, and cos people appear to be able to get to 50 much quicker, we are seeing some very inexperienced players in RVR (who should probably have taken a little more time in PVE before going into Emain as self-proclaimed DAOC veterans (LOL!) learning the game mechanics, learning some manners & courtesy, and learning how to be a more rounded, less selfish team player)

So now, we’re all running around powered up to the eyeballs. 50th level isn’t enough. Even having 5 or 6 level 50 characters is like “yeah, and..?”. Buff bots (which go against the spirit of the game IMO) are now essential for most people (god knows why ! are you lot afraid of what might happen if you didn't have healing on tap ? kinda makes everything easier doesn't it ?). RR10L10 is now considered to be de regeur. ML10 is old news now. We’re gods running around in a world far to big for us all to fill, where the today’s end-game challenges and epic mobs requiring 2 FG are tomorrow’s solo tasks.

Are there any challenges in Classic game PVE anymore ? In the old days, you wouldn’t go near Calleach Priests. I suppose most of you claim you can solo them, yes ? (Anyone who wants to prove to me they can without the aid of a buff-bot, send me a Freddy PM...LOL ! No response ? Miss your BB ? Thought so ! LOL !)

In a world where everyone owns a sports car and races along at 300 kph, is there still a haven for people who still enjoy driving gently around in an old second hand car…?

:)
I remember the day i read a noob poster wajning aboutppl have to exp a class to know it.

vintervargen

Banned
some play this game for the action

some play for the community

some play for the roleplaying

some play it for a little bit of all

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
With capped energy resists i can get 2 shotted by a hb pbaoe b4 i can even react with this new toa crap, i dont remeber such insane dmg back in the old days, and as for cast spd.. its a pity im going to try WoW, i cant really see it being a failure tbh, though ill come back to daoc if it is, but like someone else said, Catacombs - its just going to introduce more powerful items into the game ruining the fun even more. 2 shotted now - probably be one shotted from 4500 range with an insta nuke arti in cats :(
Well back in the old days cast times were much lower... but you could get killed in 2 nukes np. There were no resists back then, and people had much lower hps. Not to mention buffs being almost completely broken at release. Heavy tanks could pretty much get one-shotted by bolts, and don't even get me started on chain stun. :p

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
rather have it like it was when SI came and TOA should never come ever i hate it so much, if u want to rvr u NEED alot of toa shit and even tho it shouldnt be hard for me to get high ml etc cause i play alot i cba, tbh i think TOA destroyed the game. :(

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah, the game was very funny when you first startet it. ( still is :) )

was my first mmorpg, and the first lvling was really fun, and slow as hell :p

but when i went RvR first time i was sold, it was so much more fun then the predictable Pve, so from lvl 29 or so i startet running around in the frontiers instead of looking for pve groups.

The most fun xping was at undead camp in Yggdra Forest, you allways had to keep and eye out for enmies, and when most people in my group whined when we got ambush and killede, i laughed and wanted to go back asap and try to hunt em down, lovet it, made the xping way more fun :)

when i got in the 40 i startet to run to Forest Sauvage to get my revenge on the albs! spend my majority of ingame time running around FS elly camp etc looking for something to kill. Probaly some of the best fun ever in a game no doubt. manage to get rr6 as lvl 48, dinged 50 by mistake on a DF hunt, wanted to ding on a RvR kill :)

Now most of the Pvp for my part is small groups or solo, still love it, but i miss the old days in FS, there should be a great reward to xp in frontiers so more people went there

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom