are people quitting daoc ?

B

Bleri McThrust

Ive left as a commited player. I now play in a very casual way, sometimes not logging on for a week or so.

DAoC was by far the best game I ever played. How do I measure that? Well it kept me commited to it for nearly 2 years. Ive played others and they no way had 2 years worth of gaming for me.

Im currently uncertain about what I will do when my subs finally run out. ToA and maybe 1 day Frontiers looks a good future. Which brings us to 1 advantage of playing in Europe, hopefully we will get a less buggy version of ToA.

G

Gwizz

Left DAoC some 3 months ago after an 18 month stint which had me playing up to 14 hours aday ;) the beginning was great and fondest memories were before the endless patches started.

Had a 6 week spell on Korean beta Lineage II but always eagerly awaiting the release of WoW :)

See some there..

O

old.Eeek

Daoc just gets a bit boring, ToA should bring back a 'spark' of the new but I think alot of people are just sitting waiting for WoW, and if that turns out bad.........there is always erm erm chess anyone?

O

old.Jable

i left 2 months ago and haven't looked back. i'll have a look at TOA when it comes out but at the moment i have real life stuff that prevents me from playing, which isn't a bad thing really.

K

keela is

I've left DAoC loads of times, longest maybe 2 months...

I like my life better with DAoC, its truley a great game :)

R

Repent Reloaded

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
I've seen this happen daily. Over and over again.

Some people come back but mostly they just quit.

It's sad really, that people have to quit such a nice game.

Though they log in after a few hours or the next day so it's not ALL bad. :D

It's sad really, that people have to quit such a nice game.[/b[

no, its sad when people play the game for hours on end and end up sittin in the house with no mates of lady, pfft.

F

Falcon

I retired euro and went US instead, it's just a far more complete game with a constant stream of content instead of a patch every 3/4months. I think GOA grouping patches is a disadvantage more than anything because euro DAoC for me just got stale so many times over waiting for the next patch. US DAoC has kept me happy for months now and I can't see myself getting bored of it in the slightest any time soon. Just don't know how I'm gonna find time to get through ToA before the RvR expansion comes in ;)

M

Madonion Slicer

I have thought about quitting quite a few times but there is no other game out there that even comes close to DAOC.

So i doubt i leave for a long long time.

E

Eyeinthedark

I have left daoc for about 3 months now, not at allbecause it was a bad game, it was and is imo the best mmo out there atm.

But it just took up to much of my time and with the exams coming up i didnt really trust myself to not play 5hrs/day =)

E

Esoteric

RvR Wise pryd alb pad is full everynight, can't get a camp peak time in the main xp zones ie AC and even found some randoms xping on tanglers. Even found newbs again too :).

Hib excal is pretty chokerblock too ^^

P

Plomien

one of the main reasons a lot of people are leaving is due to the fact that when you get to lvl 50 the only thing left is rvr and power levelling others.
I enjoy RVR when i can get a group to join but it is really frustrating standing around in DL for an hour for a group.
you see loads of people joining guild groups (nothing wrong with that) but i am from a small guild who lacks a bard that is not a speed/buff bot.
just a thought fr those who do guild grps rather than waiting an hour (as i have seen it done) for a guild member explain to the person joining the grp, they can grp while you are waiting for a guild member just to get some rp's in.
you never know that person may help get more rp's or work better in your uber guild grp than the person you waited an hour for.

just lately i have been using the /level and creating some characters for bg1 which has been good fun.

i really can't wait until TOA comes out

O

old.Nikolas

Playing on Hib/Pry I've noticed a sharp drop in posts and witnessed loads of people leaving in the last couple of months.

I think Daoc has done very well to keep its players as well entertained as they have, its inventible people will leave for various reasons, that’s life. Daoc is a good game and if Mythic continue to update/patch and release decent expansions it will continue to be. People will continue to play Daoc because Mythic are doing exactly that, releasing expansions every 4 months or so. Its working quite well and I can see daoc having a good couple of years left in it at least.

The main threats to Mythic's plan are of course better games coming out; Darkfall, Everquest 2 and World of Warcraft just to quickly name 3 games which will steal a lot of daoc players post release. These games all offer different things that I believe will offer daoc players the new fresh content they may be looking for.

I'm playing Daoc because I enjoy playing it but I'll probably switch to Darkfall once its released next year.

Z

zerz

Funnyh conversation ! :)

New games come and go.... EQ 2 and Wow are games who take a lot players with em....but Why Daoc draws many back is because of Rvr ....which is totally great when you compare it to any other game in markets.....and with new Rvr expanssion it is going to Hit still harder....

I love this game still...played since eurobeta a Lot ! still have a lot to do with diffrent chars around :) every day I get WOW impression with diffrent chars...

game end when your char reach 50 th ? gah :)
we have 3 realms, tens of chars to explore, hundreds ways to specc and respecc....Love the way chars gets stronger when they grow and all possibble Ra s who makes it even versatile...I have soloed to 50 th, played in groups, sometimes groups are good sometimes aint...But jeesus ends on 50 th...You have so much to do in game !

and cant understand why people who have stopped game many months ago still follow this forum all time... :)

just my few cents about game !

I am so called older age player....have nice life outsideworld, good work and very nice friends ! (many play Daoc)

Take Care All and Play More ! :)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Falcon
I retired euro and went US instead, it's just a far more complete game with a constant stream of content instead of a patch every 3/4months. I think GOA grouping patches is a disadvantage more than anything because euro DAoC for me just got stale so many times over waiting for the next patch. US DAoC has kept me happy for months now and I can't see myself getting bored of it in the slightest any time soon. Just don't know how I'm gonna find time to get through ToA before the RvR expansion comes in ;)

a patch a day after ToA was released ;) you musta been in heaven.

I for one don't mind getting a (usually) more complete version of things like SI and hopefully ToA.

Still enjoying DAoC - good to take a short break now and again though - play something different etc.

Currently in a "must get to 50" mood though with my cleric so everything else kinda gets put to one side.

H

Harm

Originally posted by Twaize
I left to play SWG but I can't play it from my boarding school :( I have noticed how much I miss daoc and I am thinking abuot coming back...

My story too :eek:

D

darbey

Originally posted by sundra
just want to see if its me or alot are of people leaving daoc ?
seems to be less people playing and lots of goodbyes
ive closed all 3 of my accounts until TOA maybe maybe not but ive noticed a drop in players.I can understand people coming to the end of their daoc time but is there any new people joining the game ! ?

Yes cos its sh1te

T

Twaize

I also tried Merlin server in US, and it stinks. Everyone is in a sort of bad mood and all crafted stuff and drops r extremely expensive... And they have ppl like Nerner :(

O

old.Jable

Dark Age of Camelot sucks once you get a character to 50. until 50, you put up with the mindless endless repetative gameplay, designed to keep you playing rather than to keep you entertained. until 50 you can probably kid yourself thatit'll be great once you get there, but it isn't. if anything, its even more dull because its a choice of rvr or pwrlvling people. and as the xping to 50 was so fecking dull anyway, why would i want to stand around pwrlvling other people all day, so they can get to 50 and stop playing?

i hate the xp system, the endless standing in a safe spot hacking endless same monsters over and over. theres a limit to the dfferent places you can xp at an one lvl, i like to spice it up but often a trek to a new monster isn't worth it compared to standing in that one spot and hitting the same monsters.

the reason for this is that the game is actually boring, the xping certainly is massively repetative and uninspired. if it was great, i would enjoy the wander to a new monster to kill, but it isn't so the trek to another monster that probably fights in exactly the same way as the others is undesirable.

maybe the crafting has improved, but everything in camelot is designed to take the maximum time to complete, which makes GOA and Mythic more money, but doesnt make me want to play it anymore. i'll check out TOA because there will be new content, and its good to hang out with people and chat while killing, but the actual game isn't worth shit. it isnt fun, its poor and one dimensional.

the only thing that makes it interesting is the people playing it. shame they cant make a wicked game to match the community.

W

Wonk.

I left 2 weeks ago, after playing it for about 2 years. And im not comming back, cus I gave all my items away :p

S

spankya

I've left the game twice now and came back after a break each time lol. I find the game does get boring after a while, but if u give it a break and play again, then the fun is there again. Shame I sold 2 accs with 5 lvl50s, 2 LGM crafters, and about 4mil rps as I miss them now lol. Now I've got a non fotm BM(blade spec), not 50 yet, and am not that active atm

But I have seen lots of old daoc friends leave the game and not return, and quite a few have quit and come back. Still getting some new poeple in the game, so it balances out I guess.

D

darbey

Originally posted by etaew
most ppl who quit come back :)

im still trying to find an account for me to come back ;)

Only cos the retards bill u several months after cancellation withouit permission. All of a sudden my subs has been set to renew.

T

tris-

i quit and i will never go back to that heap of shit game. with the type of people playing who will steal money off you and lie etc makes it even worse. GOA is also the biggest joke of a company in existence. (who also steals money off you). if they were based in the UK they would of been shut down a week after the game was released.

F

Flimgoblin

A lot of the people that say they've quite didn't, or didn't for very long.

Some of them do though.

Out of that some, some of them hang around BW and whine.

Occasionally they have a justifiable reason for it too.

But most of the perception of people quitting is just bull :) people leave, newbies arrive, the population is growing if you check the stats.

Users who are viewing this thread