are people quitting daoc ?

S

sundra

just want to see if its me or alot are of people leaving daoc ?
seems to be less people playing and lots of goodbyes
ive closed all 3 of my accounts until TOA maybe maybe not but ive noticed a drop in players.I can understand people coming to the end of their daoc time but is there any new people joining the game ! ?

O

old.Tohtori

I've seen this happen daily. Over and over again.

Some people come back but mostly they just quit.

It's sad really, that people have to quit such a nice game.

Though they log in after a few hours or the next day so it's not ALL bad. :D

B

Belsameth

for the last few months at lot of the old school players are leaving, yes.
there's still a flow of new players tho, so it evens out a bit in the end :)

E

etaew

most ppl who quit come back :)

im still trying to find an account for me to come back ;)

V

valcyr

You seem supprised...
Cant expect people to stick around forever do you?
There are still loads of people playing, more than enough. Also you dont hear about the new people comming to DAoC.

Not more people quitting from DAoC then any other game.

K

Kagato.

Alot just say there leaving to get attention though and are back again with renewed subscriptions within a month.

O

old.Tohtori

I actually left DAoC a month ago...can't get me out of here though :p

O

osy

I actually noticed quite a lot of new faces, at least in mid/excal. Lots of beginners aswell, since I get pmed on the /advisor line more often than before. Fresh blood is good, but most of them tend to "burn" through the game...

And at least 4 people from my friends list are not playing anymore.

edit: Yes, I have a friends list :D, however peculiar that may seem.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Lots less old school chums kicking around than there used to be and I do miss many of them. Lots of new faces and nice peeps around and its nice to chat to these peeps too.

Can't help feeling I'm one of the few that doesn't really change:

Still Dark. Still a gimp. Not so much making conversation in game as Mid/Pryd background noise.

Going to house-warming parties in game these days, and more to come. Would have preferred some meaty content to the housing fluff but might as well enjoy it as its a bit of a giggle. And when it comes down to it, its continued content updates which are what will determine the longevity of DAoC.

The game is alive and kicking, though not static of course :)

E

etaew

if goa sorted out its advertising and distribution in the UK.. we'd get or 3rd english server and a hell of a lot of new players

J

Jonaldo

I left but no-one noticed or cared which made me realised that if I started again no-one would notice or care.
I haven't resubscribed.

A

Arakasi01

Nah i dont believe that people who quit come back, just rumours

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Jonaldo
I left but no-one noticed or cared which made me realised that if I started again no-one would notice or care.
I haven't resubscribed.

You were a mentalist, no real use to anyone. :p

V

valcyr

Btw. I did a "/who 1 19" on exa yesterday. Was over 100 people on, and most of those are new blood. Everyone else does a /level 20

H

heilel

I left several months ago, came back about 2 months ago, got bored with it again and left again.
I would like to play DAOC regularly, but it just doesn't have it for me anymore.

I spend most of my Online gaming time playing NWNs PWs now,
At least until the next generation of MMORPGs go live sometime next year anyway.

T

Twaize

I left to play SWG but I can't play it from my boarding school :( I have noticed how much I miss daoc and I am thinking abuot coming back...

B

Brannor McThife

Let's see. I started in Beta, played live for 13 months. Left to play Asheron's Call 2 for 2-3 Months, came back for 1 month to see what had changed. Closed accounts and left for good...

or did I... :m00:

-G

F

Flimgoblin

I think you did :m00:

whether you left or not is debatable though :)

I wonder if the new blood is a result of that pc-zone server? :)

W

Wee Soulkeeper

One tip...

Try to BETA test some other upcoming MMORPG´s and you WILL LOVE DAoC more then ever hehe

I´m currently BETA testing Horizon -Euroversion but so far DAoC rule this game over and over again.

F

Fafnir

Well, i left and come back, but do not play as much anymore. And i've seen quite a few new players around. And i think when TOA comes there will be an upswing for a few months, then pop will go down again just to go up again when the new RVR add-on is released.

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
whether you left or not is debatable though :)
Perhaps I got tired of being E&E and all that unpaid labour. ;)
Mayhaps I became just another one of those silently playing.
I know it might be hard to believe... 180% and all...

-G

Z

Ziva

It just looks that way cause a lot of people who leave feel the need to make a whinepost to convince others how shitty daoc is.

It's really human to get bored after doing the same thing for a long period of time, it's just too bad a lot of people fail to admit this to themselves and just accept the fact they are bored with the game and leave. Instead they choose to whine about the game, the makers and everyone else.

Seems like some people forgot the fact this game usually kept them entertained for a long time.

K

Khalen

Daoc is still the best MMORPG to start with IMO. If your new to the game that game will hold a lot of stuff to do. The longer someone plays the higher or more diverse his needs are... I for instance almost played 2 years of Daoc now. Made a couple of 50 chars and even got me a buffbot after a long time (and trust me if yah don't have many friends in game or friends with time you want one to solo). I've almost done everything there is in the game (except some parts of Midgard). I could typ a very big story but I'll keep it short, IMO there are 2 or more type of players around, the roleplayer and the playerkiller. The roleplayer needs to be constantly feed with new stuff (addons, new challenges, etc.) to be satisfied and the playerkiller has basically the same day everyday, go RvR and kill enemy players and earn rps (some people like to roleplay and some like to rvr, i'm just calling em roleplayers to make it easier to understand). Eventually it all becomes the same each day, roleplayers lvl alts and get bored of the xp system and the playerkillers get bored of either being outmanned/outskilled whatever. No matter what you do they will become bored someday. For some this is fast for some it takes a long time (all kinda factors).

People just like to whine at anything when they aren't satisfied. See it in every game and daoc is not an exception. And I would love to be pointed at the many threads about stupid game and stupid makers because I haven't seen many... Some people like to post stuff to make it easier to quit... Don't take everything serious...

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Khalen
Daoc is still the best MMORPG to start with IMO

Have to disagree, after playing FFXI that to me is the best MMORPG to start on, lots of Fluff, and lots of content to get you drawn in, 400,000 players there now across the servers worldwide.

Obviously DAOC has a more complex system and does appeal to different people, with a full PvP system built in, item decay, spellcrafting which are all not included in FFXI

Each mmorpg out there offers a different game style everyone will have their own idea of which MMORPG is the best to start with.

T

talen_sun

Well, I left about 6 months ago, and don't regret leaving. I did pop on a couple time after I first went, but haven't been back for about 4 months now.

I'm not gonna slag off the game, I had some bloody fantastic times on DAoC. It will always be remembered as my first ever MMORPG, and nothing can take that away.

I moved onto SWG, which I won't say is better, but I will say, that at this moment in time, I would rather play SWG then DAoC.

I'm sure in about 12 months time, there'll be a new MMORPG available that I will give up Star Wars for.

The way I see it, it's like everything else in life.... As you get rid of your old car and buy a new one, get rid of that 4:3 telly and buy a widescreen, whatever...

I've just moved on, I'll liked DAoC, I had good times and bad times there, just like everything else.

Long Live DAoC, may it be fondly remembered, looked after and enjoyed by many :)

T

talen_sun

And it made a mess all over my keyboard and monitor, took days to clean up!

Users who are viewing this thread