Are people Empire hopping?

B

bone_idle

I looked at the live map on the PS homepage and the TR "red" bargraph went right off the scale. Its weird. This was at 16:45 sun 1st june.

Some days there are crap loads of VS & NC and others there are loads of TR's on. We'll probably have to wait until the free month has expired to see the true empire balance. Seems to swing one way or the other atm. Its a bit unsettling.

P

[PS]Nova

People have to try out different empires to see whether they get on with them. Just because they like the description in the manual of VS, for example, doesn't mean they can drive the hovercraft vehicles (bah those are evil) or enjoy the different weapons.

It will settle down to some extent as the initial playerbase settles with one empire, I think.

O

Old_Bean

Yeah we all have tried TR, and found them to be lacking in needing any skill to play.
The spray and pray approach to their weaponry is a bit bland to play with.
In beat I played TR, and boy was it boring. So I chose NC this time around.
Mainly 'cos it's the same initials as my RL name.

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by mung
Yeah we all have tried TR, and found them to be lacking in needing any skill to play.
The spray and pray approach to their weaponry is a bit bland to play with.
In beat I played TR, and boy was it boring. So I chose NC this time around.
Mainly 'cos it's the same initials as my RL name.

hehe
I tried TR once and I sucked even worse.

Can you imagine a chaingun max that could not kill people for love nor money? :p

I've tried NC a bit, but not much. Can't even remember why we started on VS, but it's sort of "our empire" if you know what I mean. We didn't even really think of going elsewhere when we got retail.

I've got terran and NC chars on other servers tho.

G

GregorFlambasto

I played VS til BR 7 last week and hated the weapons was briefly in Sov Guard and Savage squads both of which are quality outfits. The people in both outfits were extremely friendly, helpful and were playing for fun. Sadly the plasticy crappy VS specific weapons outweighed the nice people of VS pushed me to the dark side of the Terran Republic where some of my workmates are and have also met some really nice people.

Oh and Kiere of the TR if you're reading I still think you blow goats :p

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by GregorFlambasto
I played VS til BR 7 last week and hated the weapons was briefly in Sov Guard and Savage squads both of which are quality outfits. The people in both outfits were extremely friendly, helpful and were playing for fun. Sadly the plasticy crappy VS specific weapons outweighed the nice people of VS pushed me to the dark side of the Terran Republic where some of my workmates are and have also met some really nice people.

Oh and Kiere of the TR if you're reading I still think you blow goats :p

Well then we'll just have to kill you next time we see you!

Char name?

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by GregorFlambasto
I was Greg and am now Greg :)

Ahh yea.

How are you finding it with the enemy? (SCUM!) :p

G

GregorFlambasto

LOL yeah weapons are nice and the AI Max doesnt run out of ammo after 10 shots :p . People are also very nice in TR which is also good news. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Sov Guard who made the game even more fun, specially Venom driving "optimus" over other VS'ers :). Top Outfit though, if only you were in the TR.

P

[PS]Nova

VS or death!

And thanks, Greg, we enjoyed having you in our outfit too, shame you felt you had to change empires, but understandable with your friends going TR.

Mung, NC scum! :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom