Are pbaoe chanters any good for rvr?

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:
Before I start toaing mine, is it worth it?

Ok first off chanters are no longer a PBAOE only thing they use in rvr class mate. Chanters use their heat debuff and base line nuke up to max range. Yes its worth toaing yours because in my opinion and other chanters i know, chanters can improve a groups damage by up to 50%, pbaoe can be very usefull for pets or a grappled target just pb him to death IF you are not putting your self at risk while doing this. Pbaoe is fun but you only want to do it when you see non bl tanks in a newb zerg alot of chanters still really like pbaoing a remember one saying to groups over vent xD he knows who he is:p

anon: Just heard a zerg of warders are heading to crowd bridge on stick.

Anon2: We should go bomb them it makes me all wet.

Me: Oreally?

Its alot of fun to pbaoe but thats not a chanters job anymore, if you have an eld in group for example you increase the groups damage already as if eld assists you for cold debuff you do to targets they can easily 2 shot the target. Also heat assisting works to example eld could assist with base line nuke instead of cold DD, mentalist can assist with heat with their spec line heat nuke. Chanters have alot of things to do in fight example: putting ml9 pet on right targets, choosing right targets, Debuff if eld/menta in group, assist bms if they are using matter legen for matter debuff.

No matter what people say imo chanters are a must in group but evryone has their opinion, but go for it mate the class is fun its just not how it used to be.
I aint covered it all but i cba atm to tired to write more.

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
Think the only thing u didnt cover there was

PBAE and stealthers :D

Ofc no Stealther wood be so noobish as to roll up and stealther level him to 50 and tipical walk into a PBAE blast
BUT
Stealthers are sneaky we all know this, 90% of u have one including myself, but when a stealther goes to attack his point of contact is (9 times outta 10) from the front, when u have a chanter and u know where the stealther is quickcast stun... PBAE him til his is death and buried, reason being for this is, u dont really have the time to debuff AND cast damageing spells, no matter what they are, cus all stealther know that "Purge is ur friend" so taking that into account.. Stunning and PBAE gives the max damage output before the stealther can purge himself of ur stun effect.

Rather then going, Stun, Debuff, boom,..... oh crap im dead, its Stun, boom, boom, boom, he's dead, or even get him down by 94% so he's on 6%.. then just staff kill him and ur fine :D (not a recommended move at all, staff killing requires alot of skill and the CL ability for melee hehe, witch i saggest that ALL casters get :p)

anyway, thats my 2 cents right there :D see ya's

Veg out

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Chanters are fun to solo with cuz you got speed. Don't get to use pbaoe very often, but heat debuff and base nuke does pretty decent damage vs most targets.

Fyric

Fledgling Freddie
yeah 90% of the time you'll be debuff nuking over pba'ing, pb is nice against theurg pets and zo'arkat etc.. but thats about it.. though.. its kinda funny vs the lowbie zergs if they're all mezzed :D

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
Elkie said:
Ok first off chanters are no longer a PBAOE only thing they use in rvr class mate. Chanters use their heat debuff and base line nuke up to max range. Yes its worth toaing yours because in my opinion and other chanters i know, chanters can improve a groups damage by up to 50%, pbaoe can be very usefull for pets or a grappled target just pb him to death IF you are not putting your self at risk while doing this. Pbaoe is fun but you only want to do it when you see non bl tanks in a newb zerg alot of chanters still really like pbaoing a remember one saying to groups over vent xD he knows who he is:p

anon: Just heard a zerg of warders are heading to crowd bridge on stick.

Anon2: We should go bomb them it makes me all wet.

Me: Oreally?

Its alot of fun to pbaoe but thats not a chanters job anymore, if you have an eld in group for example you increase the groups damage already as if eld assists you for cold debuff you do to targets they can easily 2 shot the target. Also heat assisting works to example eld could assist with base line nuke instead of cold DD, mentalist can assist with heat with their spec line heat nuke. Chanters have alot of things to do in fight example: putting ml9 pet on right targets, choosing right targets, Debuff if eld/menta in group, assist bms if they are using matter legen for matter debuff.

No matter what people say imo chanters are a must in group but evryone has their opinion, but go for it mate the class is fun its just not how it used to be.
I aint covered it all but i cba atm to tired to write more.

agree with you there elkie.

my chanter is only RR3 and ½ toa'ed. but i still get lots of grp invites CAUSE im a chanter, and enchanters does improve utility of a grp.

pbaoe is nice if you got 1 target stunned ( with no other near it thats mezzed). but you gotta know how to use it and not fuck up a perfect fight..

i still prefer stun,debuff,nuke when soloing/duoing. :>

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Chanters are great in all groups for another reason... its great if they stay alive (once you learn how to play a caster properly took me a while but i did) you should never really die in a fight to other casters only time should do is if you dont kite tanks properly or they get a pop on you. The great thing is if you die as a chanter you are not totally useless, if their was an eld in group for example druids dont have to waiste PR on the chanters, as the chanter can just debuff for the eld of the duration of the fight.

Moc: Absolutly useless imo but thats just me, yes its great for solo, but why need it for 8v8? If you see inc your first instinct on the chanter is to kite back, sometimes i do it out of banelord range which can be nice, unles faril is on zerk where he shouts on vent GET ELKIE.Moc is tottaly overated ra tbh so if your planning to solo you can consider getting it if your going to be group char dont bother.

Your damage out put: Consider this you debuff an eld target his damage can go from 400-500 to up to 900 with debuff, that already a 40% increase in group damage, then you go to your own target, you are using a base nuke debuffing for yourself you are now increasing groups damage again, matter debuff i cant tell you the how quick bd's drop when bms switch to a matter legendary and chanter debuff for them. Ml9 pet fully buffed fucking hits like a truck. Chanter rr5 not sure if it works anymore but il write it any way, chanter rr5 is not totally useless because if you say pop it on a support class and they dont resists they are full interupted for i think 10 seconds? you will have to ask staj about that as im not 100% sure.

Ofcourse these tool have really only been discovered by chanters lately as not many others have been doing the cold debuffing or matter debuffing, but its so effective.

Remember the best spec for rvr imo is : 49 mana 22 light.

MaCaBr3

Banned
I stun/debuff/nuke about 90% of the time because PBAOE is a situational spell. Chanters are fun to play like Elkie said, the only downside is that once u get used to the power of pb, that u wanna spec moc3 and loose some dmg upping RA. Even when u only use pb most of the time at bridge camping or keep sieg/defending, it's just fun to moc with PB.

Edit: I solo allot, that's why I have moc3, but like elkie said, it's not worth it when ur a fan of 8vs8.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I fancy the debuff stunstunstun thing

Is that 49 mana, rest light?

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Mana chanters are fine, especially theese caster days. Imo 2nd caster in grp should always be a manachanter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom