Are GOA going to be ready for head start?

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
as the title says are they going to be ready for the head start or is the pressure they are under trying to sort out open beta screwing them over to the point of seeing another bungle. (and yes they are starting to recover but are they up todate with other thing they should have been doing ?)

i for one would rather they make sure they are ready for the live game than hassling them

not meant as a flame i just want to EU server to work well as i dont want to have to play usa

Skorn

Fledgling Freddie
846664521_abeb630350.jpg

The head tech. says yep, as long as you give him back his Blankie!!!!

MrNadger

Fledgling Freddie
of course not, they've just spent the last three or four days fire fighting on an account registration system which should have been robust enough to handle expected go live traffic. While I'm generally loathe to advertise a certain company's products, Loadrunner was very good when we tested a UK national net based personal detail registration system (with 250,000 simulated concurrent users and 1s response times, so no we didn't use Flash).

It would be interesting to know exactly what the database issue was, though there's no chance GOA would release something like that, perhaps it's just because Access wasn't designed to be used so hard? :lol:

Seriously, unless Magnus & Co can come up with plausible and honest details of the measures they've put in place to make sure this doesn't happen next week, noone should have any confidence in the full go live, let alone the head start.
I feel very sorry for those who bought the collector's edition, the frustration those of us who got beta keys as standard ed preorder bribes was bad enough, you guys (&girls) must have been foaming at the mouth in a mildly sociopathic manner.

Frozenheart

Fledgling Freddie
Well, i think i will skip the live version for a good few months seeing as they haven't got their crap together yet :)

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
It would be interesting to know exactly what the database issue was, though there's no chance GOA would release something like that, perhaps it's just because Access wasn't designed to be used so hard? :lol:

Hahahaha priceless :)

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, i couldnt care less what was in the past 2 days.
You will notice, once people are in the game, they simply forget what happened to some extend. It is not like the majoritie comes bragging on the boards how bad the entry was and how stupid the company handled it.
The majoritie of people simply plays and in case of OB, some even report bugs :)
Yes, i was sitting here shaking my head about everytime i read something from GOA..but in the end, who cares? You want to play the game else why investing the time to get into it.

Faya

wooly

Fledgling Freddie
It would be interesting to know exactly what the database issue was, though there's no chance GOA would release something like that, perhaps it's just because Access wasn't designed to be used so hard?

I would also like to know.... I think they must have tried to reinvent the wheel... Silly beggars...

I would also like to know how a supposedly UNSTABLE/BUGGED? e-mail system takes more than 48 hours to be patched? FFS... if its broken patch it... Or have they decied to write their own bespoke software again... <sigh> ...

They may have decied they have enough open beta people in there now and us poor sods who tried to register on Sunday are now out in the cold looking through the window....

I suspect the head start will have major issues and the real go live will have issues.... I decided to travel forward in time and observe... I've seen it.. Its' the future...

Its a good job they are french and the jobs are protected by crazy labour laws...

Wooly

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I hope so, if they manage to f**k the early access up its going to p*ss off alot of people.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I am literally shuddering at the release of the head start tbh.

60kish CE orders hammering their head start codes in on the sunday?

Will probably bring the thing to it's fucking knees again and the SE pre orders won't be able to enter their code because it's all fucked again.

I can see IainC calling people names again this sunday.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Will probably bring the thing to it's fucking knees again and the SE pre orders won't be able to enter their code because it's all fucked again.

Lol no shit :p

Xandax

Loyal Freddie

I seriously do not hope they mess up like this again - despite my dislike for the company and its arrogance - but if they do, they'd better offer serious compensation and not just random insults and empty phrases.

I have no faith in the Account Center holding up, cause there are still people having problems with the Open Beta keys some 4 days before the Head Start - and we've heard nothing about when Head Start keys can be entered.
And that just leads me to think they'll open for them the 14th and not a second before - because their Account Center is tested and they are highly confident.

I'm really appalled by what GOA seems to be able to get away with at the moment.... again.
Just cause a number of people now can get into the Open Beta, the "heat" seems to have died down. Oh how quickly people seem to forget.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
or nm, did a dev search and saw he had made a post on the 8th, atleast I think thats after the le famous post

Riga

Fledgling Freddie
Its going to be hard Ive still not got into open beta says my a/c is not varified, So they will need to get the a/c system up first so people can check there a/c details and if ness open new accounts . While they are also going to be under pressure to allow logging of head start codes no one will be happy if they miss head start or even a part of it having paid an extra £30.00 for it. Lets be honest the main reason we all orderd the collectors editon is for the head start beta is fine but I paid my extra money to get into headstart. Something they just cant afford to muck up

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Its going to be hard Ive still not got into open beta says my a/c is not varified, So they will need to get the a/c system up first so people can check there a/c details and if ness open new accounts . While they are also going to be under pressure to allow logging of head start codes no one will be happy if they miss head start or even a part of it having paid an extra £30.00 for it. Lets be honest the main reason we all orderd the collectors editon is for the head start beta is fine but I paid my extra money to get into headstart. Something they just cant afford to muck up

"Can't afford". I wonder.

If there are no actual consequences, and people still just flock to it once they get entry despite broken promises, lies and arrogance - then they can easily afford to screw people over once more.

If people continue to pay for arrogant and sub-par service, then it'll never change. GOA haven't changed one bit since DAoC in how they communicate, act or seemingly how they plan - why on earth should they change now?

SSS

Fledgling Freddie
OMG NO THEY ARE USING ACCESS 1997, I KNOWZ IT WE HAV ONZ ON MY OFFIZ ,

ACCESS IZ TEH MOIST FAST DATABASE IN TEH WOLDZ.

ALSO ITS FUNNY IF YOU IMPORT THE OLD ACCESS INTO THE NEW VISTA LOOK :) the horror.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
OMG NO THEY ARE USING ACCESS 1997, I KNOWZ IT WE HAV ONZ ON MY OFFIZ ,

ACCESS IZ TEH MOIST FAST DATABASE IN TEH WOLDZ.

ALSO ITS FUNNY IF YOU IMPORT THE OLD ACCESS INTO THE NEW VISTA LOOK :) the horror.

You think they even use a database and not just print the account information and keep in a file cabinet?

luedieniel

Fledgling Freddie
If they open up the account creation page on Sunday i'll shed a tear for all CE people, i'm only SE so thus won't get on until the 15th, but even still, it'd be nice for everyone if we can get a smooth launch.

I actually just wrote a post here: Why isn't the headstart account creation page open now? - Warhammer Forums regarding the issue.

A pity that your topic turned into a "zomg I has betakey plix help" post instead.

Altho we all know that GOA has some secret masterplan.. early-access will actually start on the 15th of october whereas the release will be on teh 18th sept.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Next time dont bother - youve got a far better chance of having your post seen by someone here.

WHA makes FH look like sane mature conversation :m00:

Well - seeing as GOA folk have all but disappeared off the face of the earth with any concrete information. I think he might as well post questions like this on Hello Kitty Online and expect the same amount of replies from GOA.

Aada

Part of the furniture
lol i'm sort of looking forward to Sunday going to be fun watching all the CE folk turn into Sociopaths :D

I've resigned to the fact come Monday SE folk will not be getting on the headstart because of the 60k back log of CE keys mythic will have to process manually.

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
I think GOA would rather have 60k people hammering their site rather than the 200k+ i heard about last sunday.

Me for one, i'm praying it works this up coming sunday.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I think GOA would rather have 60k people hammering their site rather than the 200k+ i heard about last sunday.

Me for one, i'm praying it works this up coming sunday.

But they said traffic wasn't a reason for it crashing terrible. So the 200 versus 60 should be irrelevant.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
lol i'm sort of looking forward to Sunday going to be fun watching all the CE folk turn into Sociopaths :D

I've resigned to the fact come Monday SE folk will not be getting on the headstart because of the 60k back log of CE keys mythic will have to process manually.

Completely agree, im not counting on getting early access. As long as i can play come the 18th i'll be happy :)

Valdur

Fledgling Freddie
The way things are going,I do see another epic failure for HS for both CE and SE...and definitely lots of sociopaths...hey I've been banned for a month from WAR Alliance forums for criticising GOA + one or two dirty words :lol:

So I guess Sunday will be "Banhammer online".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom