Are Excaliber players better then pwyden players?

N

)nick(

Excal rvr wise is a terribly boring realm to be in. There will always be some kind of zerg at all the milegates in all the RVR zones. Overall the community feeling on hib/prydwen is 10 times better than that of alb/excal. Alb/excal has way to many people and is basically broken down into little realms known as the 'uber' guilds. I find on hib/prydwen people aren't as greedy and are a lot happier to help each other without having to be in the same guild.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by SilverHood
my experience of albion excal wasn't very good.

differs greatly from my experience...

yes you have moron in mithra/keltoi - but you always have morons in mithra/keltoi :)

Would be nice to see what alb/pryd is and if it's any different.

S

SilverHood

hey , my only good keltoi experince was the one were my scout grouped with your merc donkey years ago.
Was a Royal Bavarian wiz there too, True or something... probably one of the only few good experiences ;)

B

Belsameth

Raced through Keltoi with Octanion and Jeradon (the latter doesn't post here, I belief)

we probably where the most hated trio there, but it beats sitting in the ant room for days on end ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by SilverHood
hey , my only good keltoi experince was the one were my scout grouped with your merc donkey years ago.
Was a Royal Bavarian wiz there too, True or something... probably one of the only few good experiences ;)

aww :( apart from Mithra being leeching hell (a few problems with some level 13 Great Danes of Albion) levelling up wasn't too bad...

then again I avoid places like the tanglers...

C

cadiva

It's all personal opinon at the end of the day

I played Albion on Excalibur in both stages of beta, moved to Albion/Prydwen on release as that was where we figured less people would be, it being the new server.
Played there with 4 new chars for 2 months after retail, got bored stupid and moved to Midgard/Excalibur where I've stayed.

It all depends totally on your personal experiences. On Mid/Excal I've found people generally are fine. There are a few dickheads for sure, but that's the same with Albion/Prydwen also.

I briefly deleted my Alb/Pryd chars and went to Hib/Pryd where I found hardly anyone ever spoke to me at all, not even to say hello (and no I wasn't begging because I think that's shite).
Moved back to Alb/Pryd and my old beta guild there and things are fine.

But, overall, I play Mid/Excal because I personally, have found it to have better gameplay for me and because I have a great deal of fun with my guild mates.

So, I guess at the end of the day there will be dickheads wherever you go and the server is nothing more than just a place that hosts them. ;)

E

eynar

First thing I noticed on Excalibur is that there are a lot more "nOObs" than on Prydwen. Level 50's asking for directions to Bledmeer faste on /as etc is something that happens frequently.

B

Belsameth

the best one I encountered was a level 40ish who asked where emain was, without kidding.

O

old.Lythande

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion
After all, how many people thoroughly read, compared and researched for their very first char? I know I didn't...that's why I'm a fucking sorcerer.

:clap: :ROFLMAO:
Hahaha, that comment almost made fall out of my chair laughing. You seem a tad bitter about your choice of class. :merlin: :D

O

osrim

Some views

Hello,

My zerker has now 58k rps at prydwen and what I have noticed:

- Lower lvls than 50 will get easier grps at rvr.

- Mids dont much be at hib fontiers.

- Nolby Pride is hard at rvr, cause more random grps than balanced guild ones and they know how to play. (Finster stop nuking my ass :p)

- Grps offen have not enough seers and too offen hard to make balanced grp. Rarely seen pbt..etc.

- Malmo is great xp place compared alb places. Almost constantly yar or lair grp going.

- Albs zerg offen, maybe cause more ppl at their side or then its just albs way do rvr. :p

- Uber buffed mincers does exist here too :/ (Not far from lvl own buffbot to get even with those).

- Avalonians are so soft targets to my zerker. Hib side casters can take much more punishment when buffed.

Cyas

/wave drooood doooood

F

Fafnir

A few times last week, when standing at amgO, i've been asked by different lvl 49-50 people where they are. Most of the time i've just said amgO. But one time i just said, well this is the border to albion frontier, up ahead you have their borderkeep, if you manage to sprint thru it you can go kill albs in their own realm. And the answer i got was COOL. And a few lol's from the stealthers around.

O

old.0xygen

I think after beta more of the large guilds went to pyd not all of course *cough cf* although I think at one point we were going to.

At the time it was generally thought that excalibur was popular so it may get many lamers. But then someone pointed out that lamers may make alts to piss people off in pyd.

So we stayed put :p

A

aavarn

This is the same on every single online game in the world.

The more players, the more l33t d00ds you get. Because these twats are so vocal it will seem like there are alot more on Excalibur but the truth is they will probably be the same percentage of the total player base.

The fact that Excalibur is pretty much the default option will mean that those dissatisfied with the d00dism prevalent may seek Prydwen out so that may be a factor that will change the otherwise pretty static %age of the playerbase that feel they have to behave like cocks in Prydwen's favour.

However, more people on a server means that the competition is higher - especially since we have to compete against more cheating lamers on Excal.

I am not sure how you get the age stats on Excal vs Pryd, but again because the majority of the player base are probably dysfunctional male teenagers (its an online RPG) seeking validation then yes it is more likely that in absolute terms there are more kids playing on Excalibur.

As to who has the best players? Well the best players on the whole should be those who seek out the biggest challenge, so therefore they should be the ones playing the most disadvantaged realm - no Kudos for winning from a position of extreme strength - my vote (and I expect most other people's) is Midgard for that. As for the server - well you can argue that more competition in terms of numbers means Excalibur but you could probably also argue that on Prydwen there is a greater chance to influence the shaping of the realm, again due to (this time lower) numbers.

I have played on many online games and watched the behaviour profile on that server change as the playerbase increases - it always goes the same way. As numbers increase more of the antisocial element creep in. Due to their higher impact on the game in terms of shouting and screaming and cheating etc being more visible it makes it appear as though there are alot of twazzocks when in fact, as ever, its just a very active and vocal few. The other thing you tend to notice is players not in that category start top get very tired and jaded of the same bitching, whining, l33t d00dz all the time and so that can affect the atmosphere. ie you dont have any idea when you are asked for help if it is some guy who just wants PLing or whether it is a genuine noob wanting some advice.

My response to the above situ is to give the guy the full blown explanation aimed at a noob. If he is a second character beggin or just seeking PL then he will soon get frustrated and bored and stop speaking cos he knows everything you are telling him and if he is a noob then you help immensely.

So don't be disheartened - we aren't all twats on Excalibur and I have found Midgard very friendly - although that may be a product of being in one of the friendlier guilds - Rabid Badgers.

Aavarn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom