Are alarm clock raids the only option?

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
In light of GOA's current statement about the recent excalibur server problems http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1671

Are alarm clock raids the only viable way of taking a relic without crashing the server?

If not, then how do you balance having enough people to succeed in the raid versus having so many people you crash the server?

Wonder if the other servers in Europe or US have this problem.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
It's possible to take relics prime-time, using ---> brains/tactic!

Not just Zerg >>> all

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
umm yeah like how? soon they realise they are on relic the zerg gets rolling :eek:

Evul

Fledgling Freddie
Hib's on Prydwen done some RR Without them being planned, like today 133 Mids where at Crim, they killed the patrol. they dissapered, we thought they went GS and they did, this ment 1 Thing, RR on Alb, we got a force and sent out a few scouts, Mids were taking both RK's at same time ¬_¬ neft there numbers, we sent Hibs force to power rk and ran over the mids and bashed the door got the relic and legged it :p

so not all RR's have to be planned in like 6week notice :/

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
We did get a bit lucky tonight. Still there was good co-ordination and good leadership. We saw our chance and took it. GJ all who were there :)

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Prydwen Prime Time Raid 2nite

Hibs were quite lucky 2nite, once we new there were hibs & mids both attacking different Relic keeps the defence CG looked somit like :- "F**k the power relic get to excal" or " 3 str relics > 1 power relic get to excal asap".

I dont know how well planned the mid relic raid was, but albs new pretty much before mids even got to pennines what was happening. I remember someone on /as saying 10 fg+ mids seen entering Dodens possiable relic raid. At the time i was farming, and it must have been about 30 mins before it all kicked off proper because there was enough time to slowly faf around with chars/farm/mule and get to CS before any reported sightings of the mids leaving HoC. Credit to the Mids tho they bashed down 1st two doors in very quick time considering albs awareness.

So to the question; Prime time raids, there not that great and a lag fest at best of times, and with the results like the other night on Excal and times before on Prydwen Zone/Server crashing is a major issue. Not that we can do much about it ofc the whole game is to blame for its poor performance in situations designed/made as a feature of the game. They can be pulled off as the Mids did on Prydwen a few months back, but need good organisation.

Great intiative by the Hibs tonite on taking full advantage of the situation and to good results for your realm.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Aye as has been said, many primetime raids have been done b4, and there have been many huge gatherings of players without server blowing uppage:)D)

Remember last year on xcal at Nott when albs got a CS up there b4 the RP timer gay thing was implemented, there was easy 1000 ppl in tat zone farming for HOURS on end and the server bounced along jovially.

I think its just the servers software getting more an more full of fluff as patched go by that they get slower of wotever and thus cant handfle quite so many peeps, but there aint a reason we cant do a prime time RR and not crash old Excalibur.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Chilly said:
I think its just the servers software getting more an more full of fluff as patched go by that they get slower of wotever and thus cant handfle quite so many peeps,

Sounds like Microsoft Windows & Office software to me :p

Krill

Fledgling Freddie
Quick answer would be from last night on Prydwen it looks like no need for alarm clock raids. Prydwen had mids raid both Alb relic keeps last night and hibs wipe mids at power keep and then take the alb power relic. Mids at Excalibur got the relic out of excal and then lost it on the ride home. Mids then took some alb keeps and, well, I went to bed so I don't know how it ended.

I didn't experience any crash or mass ld's on Mid-side. Not sure about the other realms. One charge at Excal got the worst lag I've ever had but that was after both relics had been gotten out of the keeps and was the worst I've experienced.

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
Alarm clock raids are wrong but on the other hand all it realy does is turn around the population (as in albs are more @ primetime and hibs/mids that meet for raid are more at 07:00 in the morning). Add that it's a 24/7 game, all is fair in love and war and you got some good arguments why to do it.

But then again it's just a game so:

Alarm clock = teh suck imo :p

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Wiebe said:
But then again it's just a game so:

Yupps it's just a game so stop yer whine! :p
And as I've said sumwhere else, Albs did the exact same thing sum time ago... :touch:

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Wiebe said:

Yeah but 2+:1 zerg raids and log in raids are teh suck too.

all these raids create an unfair advantage for the attacker.

one could also argue that raids where too many people go defend are teh suck too..........

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
The problem on Excal is that 'Zerg' is by far the Excal Albs' favourite word. It's gotten to the point where Big Stuff (like RRs) is only attempted now by zerg-sized forces, otherwise there's no point even trying when your 5FGs will ALWAYS be met by 10FGs+ of uber-RA'd (nerf BOF + SOS!) Albs.

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
1st: Not a whine but an opinion, you dont have to like it!

2nd: Please see what realm i'm from before you start telling me i whine?

Or is warrior the new toa alb class?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
The problem with excalibur is that all 3 realm zerg, it's not one realms fault. What I don't understand is why people feel that having 1 large force is better than having 2 fairly large forces - one at relic keep other at border keep or mile gates etc.

Mids always blame the alb zerg, but being an excal/mid I know fine well they do it too (and hibs for that matter) whenever they can.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Wiebe said:
1st: Not a whine but an opinion, you dont have to like it!

2nd: Please see what realm i'm from before you start telling me i whine?

Or is warrior the new toa alb class?
1st: It's a whine in my opinion.
2nd: A whine is a whine no matter which realm your from.... :eek:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Teh FnoRd said:
1st: It's a whine in my opinion.
2nd: A whine is a whine no matter which realm your from.... :eek:
More whine, bloody whiners :p

Powahhh

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
The problem on Excal is that 'Zerg' is by far the Excal Albs' favourite word. It's gotten to the point where Big Stuff (like RRs) is only attempted now by zerg-sized forces, otherwise there's no point even trying when your 5FGs will ALWAYS be met by 10FGs+ of uber-RA'd (nerf BOF + SOS!) Albs.
call adramel (or however his name spelled)
he seem to have some braines and will lead your pathetic zerg to victory....
lame ass excusses...
where did you found the lvl50 to defend odins-jamt-uppland against the massive alb zerg?
all of them just ding 50 in a /play of 3 days?
mindless biatches

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Arkian said:
Are alarm clock raids the only viable way of taking a relic without crashing the server?

If not, then how do you balance having enough people to succeed in the raid versus having so many people you crash the server?

Wonder if the other servers in Europe or US have this problem.

Only for those who don't create a decent plan.

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Powahhh said:
where did you found the lvl50 to defend odins-jamt-uppland against the massive alb zerg?
all of them just ding 50 in a /play of 3 days?
mindless biatches

Think you got a good point there. :cheers:

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:

hmm...

1. ALL realms zerg.
2. Mid has an easier time RvR due to the fact it takes less key classes to make a real balanced group. Stuffing that much utility on a healer, combined with insane damage dealing tanks/semi tanks (Bezerker at first, Savage now) makes better groups so don't start about 2 RA's that are better for Alb. Each realm got their strong and weaker points.
3. ALarm clock raids plain suck, and there simply is no excuse for it.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:

Such distortion and lies in this post, but only makes sense from someone who plays both a zerker (most likely a pre 1.62 nerf zerker) and of course the obligatory Savage...
Mids have proved countless times their own zerg can match the zerg of Albion. The alarm clock raid was organised by an even bigger noob than Ardarmel (who also never managed a prime time raid on Albion, but allways found some excuse to do an alarm clock raid) with an even worse excuse than Ardarmel normally bothered to think off.
There was the widely know agreement between Hibernia, Albion and Midgard that alarm clock raids would ruin the game for 90% of the players, and so should not be done.
And saying that Albs are in any way "uber" is even more stupid. Mids=Hibs and both own Albs.
Regards, Glottis :twak:

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
There was the widely know agreement between Hibernia, Albion and Midgard that alarm clock raids would ruin the game for 90% of the players, and so should not be done.
Yet another person that think that the majority of the exc comunity browsed through BarrysWorld. What utter ignorance tbh... Most peeps browsing through BW/FH are either whiners/flamers or forumtrolls with to little to do/does to little on their work / in school. Most others don't bother scrolling through the bitching and whining and flaming etc. etc. etc. ... :touch:
And as in all other cases of rules set by men, it is (was) bound to be broken... :eek:
Said that I'm not saying that alarm-clock raids are right, nor do I say that it's wrong. Just a flawed argument imo with lack of any sense of reality.... :p

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Teh FnoRd said:
Yupps it's just a game so stop yer whine! :p
And as I've said sumwhere else, Albs did the exact same thing sum time ago... :touch:

We didn't start the morning raids tho, and neither did we in the last RR (from alb)

And it's a game yes, a mmorpg, mm stands for? Excal isn't a co-op server where you fight against npc's..

Albion can take the relic back, practicly any morning... And mids can do the same thing again.. such fun.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Teh FnoRd said:
Just a flawed argument imo with lack of any sense of reality.... :p

The person that "lead" this raid knew very well that there was an agreement.
What the masses know does not matter, but the Ardarmel protogee knew the agreement.
Remember, the random mid noob won't know about the agreement, but the random mid noob leading this raid knew about it.
You know it, he knows it, I know it.
Such flawed reasoning on your part.
Regards, Glottis :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom