Arctic Monkeys

Tilda

I currently am liking Katie Meula, James Blunt and Chopins Minute waltz

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
System of a Down, Static X, Franz Ferdinand and Saliva at the moment for me Oo

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Metallica or Megadeth for me atm witha bit of panthera thrown in as well.

but i must root out my SOAD albums as well =)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Katie meula is fucking shite. great music if you suffer from Insomnia aswell I would say.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
At least it gives the kids something 1/2 decent and British to listen too (not produced by Art students), rather than all that Yank pseudo Punk bands all with identical sounding songs and American Pie style video's.

British music needs another Stone Rose... Don’t know if they are quite that yet though.

Noli

Fledgling Freddie
SOAD,Slipknot,Korn,The Sounds,Mustasch,The Cardigans,Metallica,The Prodigy etc,all good music :)

Laddey

FH is my second home
Tilda said:
James Blunt
Have you heard the Drum'n'Bass remix to one of his songs? Quality remix, if you're a radio 1 listener you may of heard it. Anybody know where to get it?

Shimynor

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmm

Arctic Monkeys :worthy:

Athlete

The Killers

James Blunt

And Arctic Monkeys - listen to the lyrics, makes me laugh, and they are actually good at playing their instruments.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:
James Blunt

He's one of very few people in the world that if I could choose, I would quite happily erase from the worlds existance. When I used to work the 12 hour nightshifts, we were sadly limited to radio 1 and gemini (local radio station) due to the lead roofs.

All bloody night you'd get people phoning in saying 'aww I just got home and would really like to listen to this song before I go to bed' (the beautiful one). If you want to listen to it PUT IT ON YOUR FUCKING STEREO! 30 minutes later, someonelse would phone up and say 'hi there, I've just put the radio on and would really like to.....'. Well you get the point.

15 times a night I'd hear that song for about 6months...all his damn whining voice :(

Anyway, I still haven't heard arctic monkeys so I guess this is all I've got to add right now :p

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Mostly dimmu borgir for me :)
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 stormblåst

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Yshynsin said:
System of a Down, Static X, Franz Ferdinand and Saliva at the moment for me Oo

SHES LIKE HEROIN

Me and heroin, maybe we can make some cash selling
ASS
Selling ass for heroin
ASS
Selling ass for heroin
ASS
Selling ass for heroin
ASS
Selling ass for heroin

She wants nothing more
but to be a little whore
He wants nothing less
But to wear a little dress

haha best lyrics EVA! but yeh there cool to listen to every now and then.

dont like arctic monkeys much they got a massive fan boi base of wanna be revolutionaries "who dont give a fuck" and "its all shit anyway" and emo and all that balls. but they arent emo coz emos gay. eithar way there fan base sucks, which is determined largely by there music

SFXman

One of Freddy's beloved
I can't understand the fuss about the Arctic Monkeys either.
Franz Ferdinand I simply can't stand.

I agree that it is good music, I simply don't enjoy listening to it. Two completely different things.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
i personally found the album disapointing after listening to 'i bet u look good on the dancefloor' live on mtv - really raw and full of spirit and spunk - the album is just too watered down - nowt hard and raw in there :(

Himse

FH is my second home
Well tbh, they arent one of these pop idol powered twats who has no raw talent, and is just famous for being on that program.

There music is ok, not my best choice personally, but i think they have done pretty well for themselves and have some good talent.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Himse said:
Well tbh, they arent one of these pop idol powered twats who has no raw talent, and is just famous for being on that program.

There music is ok, not my best choice personally, but i think they have done pretty well for themselves and have some good talent.

Thats because everyone is hyping them so much, probably some bigwig in a suit starting all the rumours so people by the album

Litmus

Resident Freddy
things pretty much started going down hill the second bands like nirvana/guns and roses went down the pan, the last of the "real" rock bands, but tbh even those have nothing on the classics like led zepp/pink floyd etc.

These days bands like Keane etc are called rock bands(hahah) which is an insult to rock music.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Litmus said:
things pretty much started going down hill the second bands like nirvana/guns and roses went down the pan, the last of the "real" rock bands, but tbh even those have nothing on the classics like led zepp/pink floyd etc.

These days bands like Keane etc are called rock bands(hahah) which is an insult to rock music.
Who calls Keane rock? o_O

Vladamir

FH is my second home
My top 10

1. Metallica
2. Oasis
3. Led Zeppelin
4. The Prodigy
5. Guns n Roses
6. Black Sabbath
7. The Stone Roses
8. Rage Against the Machine
9. Jimmi Hendrix
10. Stone Sour (Only 1 album but it's a good'un)

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Kronos, Beneath the massacre, Decapitated, Vital remains, All shall perish, Between the buried and me, Belphegor etc etc

You are all music n00bs, get some of this shizzle. :p

adoNix is but a mere semi-n00b. But the rest of you... >o

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Need another Stone Roses really. Or another Smiths. Or anything really. I guess when you get to my age (35) music stops suprising you and goes in the same direction. The last album to really get me raving was the Yeah Yeah Yeahs debut "Fever to tell". Weird, funky, punky and the last thing I'd heard since the Pixies to really excite me..

Maybe that's why folks my age go off music as there's simply nothing different to listen to so we just wind the cycle back to music we enjoyed when we were younger. Perhaps music is becoming is becoming as cyclical (and to some extent disposable) as fashion. The only thing to have changed beyond recognition from the 80s is the longevity of an artist. Kudos to Madonna for bucking the trend but does anyone see Franz Ferdinand doing eight albums or so? Keane becoming Genesis? Since the late 70s the Cure have made close to 20 studio/live/compilation albums who in the top 40 is going to manage that?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Deepfat said:
Need another Stone Roses really. Or another Smiths. Or anything really. I guess when you get to my age (35) music stops suprising you and goes in the same direction. The last album to really get me raving was the Yeah Yeah Yeahs debut "Fever to tell". Weird, funky, punky and the last thing I'd heard since the Pixies to really excite me..

Maybe that's why folks my age go off music as there's simply nothing different to listen to so we just wind the cycle back to music we enjoyed when we were younger. Perhaps music is becoming is becoming as cyclical (and to some extent disposable) as fashion. The only thing to have changed beyond recognition from the 80s is the longevity of an artist. Kudos to Madonna for bucking the trend but does anyone see Franz Ferdinand doing eight albums or so? Keane becoming Genesis? Since the late 70s the Cure have made close to 20 studio/live/compilation albums who in the top 40 is going to manage that?

Aye, bring back Nirvana :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom