Archers

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by censi

Soon as assasin appears in front of you rotate left to bugger up his positional PA opener....

Nice tip, but useless if the assasins has the skill to PA while moving forward (it requieres lot of coordination n pressing the PA key just at time u move)

A

Alrindel

Well, as some ppl know I play a ranger on Excalibur. But my question is: what does rangers have that is special over the other 2 archer classes???
The "defining feature" of the Ranger class, for better or for worse, is the Pathfinding self-buff line. If there was no such thing as a buffbot, this would be quite good (in fact it was previously considered so uber that in the 1.36 patch all the Pathfinding buffs were weakened for "balance"), but in the current game any scout with even a low level buffbot has better buffs than a level 50 ranger, with the advantage of not having to recast them every ten minutes, whine whine moan moan etc. :rolleyes:

C

censi

the self buffs arnt that good.... u dont really notice the damage add, the AF and str buffs to much,

the dex quick self buff is good though...

In a way its good for the ranger class that our capabilities have been comprimised... b4 the ranger population was way to high and everyone wanted to play one cuz they were uber.... Now the only people playing rangers are the purests that are enjoy their class... 100's of rangers have rerolled in search of uberness.... The path of the ranger is a hard one to tread.... but in time you can be of gr8 benefit to an rvr grp still... but your roll now is to shoot mezzed mages/rogues....

O

old.Odysseus

Its so sad, even the mighty and once feared Eleasias has given up and rerolled.

Archers are dead. When I see one firing at me (theurg) I outright kill him - I am not one second in doubt that I can do it.

And Mythic? Well they add more fluff and make more money.

===

And to answer the question about who has the best bow of archers:

scout has 2 paces range
ranger has drawtime and damage add from selfbuff

ranger does more damage, scout has more range. minimal difference, but its there.

K

kameh

Originally posted by old.Odysseus
Archers are dead. When I see one firing at me (theurg) I outright kill him - I am not one second in doubt that I can do it.

quite a boast. look forward to meeting you in odins :D

O

old.Odysseus

Originally posted by kameh

quite a boast. look forward to meeting you in odins :D
Sounds like i managed to get myself in trouble ;)

Actually with all the resists u can get (SC make it even worse) and pbt..... I normally just run over and qc a mezz - carnage follows.

C

censi

No doubt... Problem is you wont see me, you will be biting dust way b4 that (/flex).... The day I cant sniper any Albion mage is the day I quit....

SC will hit me hard though... the multitude of intermediete alb mages b4 with 10% melee resists (+/- a couple of points) will no longer be present....

O

old.Odysseus

No doubt... Problem is you wont see me, you will be biting dust way b4 that (/flex).... The day I cant sniper any Albion mage is the day I quit....

SC will hit me hard though... the multitude of intermediete alb mages b4 with 10% melee resists (+/- a couple of points) will no longer be present....

Snipe me? You still do that with SH out?
Ah well as I recall from my own sniping days, sniping the pbt man out of a FG wasnt easy - near impossible if yellow con.

Feel free to try, you can ask your m8 Ozrique what happened the last 2 times he tried hehehe ;)

edit:
ofc im not saying im immortal, ofc im not saying you wont ever kill me.
What I _am_ saying is that if I see you when you fire your first shot, there are pretty good odds you will have to press release within a short while.

check this thread out, very cheerful for the archers:
http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=43469060&replies=11

C

censi

i was only joking ody..... as an archer yourself we both know the reality.... I cant get my ownage in game so i get it off the boards...

T

Tranquil-

Hehe..

"Is it my turn to own now?" <puppyeyes>

O

old.Odysseus

i was only joking ody..... as an archer yourself we both know the reality.... I cant get my ownage in game so i get it off the boards...

hehehehhe
Well I feel the same pain as you do - I just took a Theurgist to ease it a bit.

IMO the following is a silly as it gets:
a) Archers are solo chars
b) Archers cannot per definition get groups
c) We are forced to solo in PvE
d) We are forced to group in RvR
e) Noone wants an archer in RvR

What are we supposed to do?

When I started playing this game I rolled a sniper. That class is dead.
Eleasias showed us that a melee-specced ranger can be a decent supporter - but only decent.
What then?

Reroll?

K

K0nah

Rangers get access to the race with the highest base dex/qui in the game, which also has the smallest visibility (use a gravestone for cover anyone?) yes the beloved of the exploiter, the Small Lurikeen.

lvl38 Luri Ranger on Camlann btw ;)

Luri Rangers are the best archers in the game fullstop.

A Scout with a buffbot may come close or exceed a Ranger but lets not forget that is TWO players not one.

Quit whinging cos the rest of ur overpowered realm makes u look like a gimp ;)

O

osrim

Eleasias

Originally posted by Eleasias
Archers are quite balanced compared to each other yeah... but compared to other classes they are a joke and only getting more nerfed in the future patches... shame I didnt give up that piece of crap ranger earlier. R4L5 hero > R9L1 ranger

Hmm, I wasnt supprised you stopped playing your ranger after he was so high rr and time spent a lot to play. But atleast at my eyes your ranger is pretty far from crap as opponent.

Melee against you was very tough cause fast weaponspeed no dragonfang in usually and your damage was high too.

After assasins loose IP, things will get much harder for assasins... IP > other RA's as I see things to melee class. :(

Well I havent played any archer class to see how things look like from that side and my opinion is based on what I have seen and experienced at rvr.

Cya at battlefield

O

old.Odysseus

It is true that assassins that dont have IP are in serious trouble when they encounter my scout actually.
Ofc I got purge, FA2 and IP - perfect anti-assassin setup.

A

arcofirme

I love my scout and still giving me a great playtime .

A

Arnor

oh, and WHY oh WHY are you all coming here talking/whining about this?

This is stuff MYTHIC needs to hear(or atleast some of it)

There is NO point posting here, unless youre going for a new title or sumt ;)

C

censi

i post cuz im interested to see what others think and have to say...

There is a point to posting it here so we can discuss it... hence we post it...

The irony is the only thing here not worth posting... Is your post....

Peeps keep saying it, but if a thread doesnt interest you dont add to it and dont read it....

or in other words fuck off.

F

Faeldawn

Solo RVR is gettin tiresome for a ranger. Spend ages making yer way out to a decent vantage point for sniping, then either get popped by an assassin and get butchered, or get run over by several hundred zerging albs/mids.

Still gr8 fun in a group tho.

Solo sniper is a truly dead profession.

A

AbPoon

Just reroll if you dont like being an acher, my class is well unpowered and has been totally nerfed by Mythic but you dont see me whinging about it ^^

C

censi

zerker can kill ranger in 2 fast hits...

Ranger would prolly need to fire about 50 arrows to drop a grped pbt'd zerker....

Archers are fine versus some mage classes and some weak expossed stealth classes....

All other classes they cant even dent them now.... and with the new reverse proc changes an archer can actually take more damage from shooting people than he delivers, that one still cracks me up....

>>> You shoot your long bow... You miss
You are hit for 39 damage (Reverse proc)

rofl......

S

skile

I don't agree with censi. Skalds, Wardens, Bards etc are easy as archer. Problem are those sb/ns, without them the archerlife would be quite fun.

What troubles me is that a assasin can kill BOTH casters and archers. While archers basically only (or meant) to be killing casters. Im not gonna include speedclasses tho, since both assasins and archers can kill em quite fairly.

Why should 1 stealth class have the advantage over 3 other classes and another only 2. Doesn't make sence.

With removing IP&FA on assasins the scout will be nerfed compared to hunters/rangers. Just for the notice.

O

old.Odysseus

Skalds, Wardens, Bards etc are easy as archer.
Thats quite true - well skalds can be a pain.

What puzzles me is that you didnt mention one single caster as being easy to kill.

Afaik casters are our target class - but they are not the easiest to kill for us - to me that sounds like someone miscalculated something somewhere.

S

skile

Might as well explain why scouts will be nerfed.
Removing FA and IP for assasins gives them more than enough points to get purge. And what does slam help when they have purge. Together with the fact that FA will be nerfed the only thing a scout can depend on is wheter purge is used or not. So we have IP working fully. But will this help vs a buffed sb with purge and MoP added for the points of IP+FA used b4. And a buffed assasin still has the chance of doing those kills without you even being able to move. The ranger and the hunter does not depend on a spell to function. Therefor purge won't matter to them and thats why the hunter/ranger will be better than the scout. Atleast when it comes to assasins.

Bah..

S

skile

However. Groups with scouts+minst are very good. Had an hour outside mpk. Think we were 4 scouts 2 infs and 1 minst or something. Mad rp to say the least :O. Even had a equal number fight against some hibs. And we won without anyone dying.

There are some active scouts still. Jergiot, Kinad, Arthic, Acrofirme, Ozaric, Shar etc. Lets group up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom