Archers and Dex stat

dex

Fledgling Freddie
was doing a bit of testing my bows etc today and found out i don´t really need to be buffed anymore. or do i ?

buffed 413 dex......................................unbuffed 250+ dex

using fire shot.......................................same shot as buffed

gray con mob =780 dmg.........................780 dmg

green con mob =780 dmg........................780 dmg

yellow = 780 dmg...................................780 dmg

orange = 780 dmg..................................780 dmg

siege shot

green con twr door 180 dmg....................180 dmg

purp con twr door 180 dmg .....................180 dmg

why bother anymore putting so much dex into a temp when i can now put more into other stats resists etc ?

or roll a fat firby ranger if i could and come out with the same results

or shar for the hp ..

true there was a slight difference in draw time but not much and evade etc but mobs were dead before they got to me buffed or unbuffed

only difference made to dmg was the bow if it 98 99 or 100 con was what dropped the damage down a bit but still able to survive

and dmg % stayed the same with crit, poisen or fire etc buffed and unbuffed

just rolled a new shar ranger with starting points in con-str and not gonna go into dex supposei`ll get items to wear with just those stats to test if dex ain`t worth anything anymore

aika

Can't get enough of FH
there was a massive test on VN about it.. seems that there's no point in having +11 archery either if you have dex above 386. The combination of +archery and dex affects your dmg to a certain point where raising one of them will not matter. Example : Your dmg will be the same with lets say 360 dex and +10 archery and 390 dex and +0 archery.. those figures arent true, just an example of how it works.. read it on VN boards for the exact numbers.

oh and you do need dex for the speed.. think its 386 dex and 10% cast speed.

dex

Fledgling Freddie
thanks never saw that before..

gonna try somit different again

a ranger with 50 bow + 15 rr bonus

i mean i was buffed with 413 dex with the first dmg tested

2nd i was unbuffed with 258 dex doing the same dmg as buffed so somit is going wrong somewhere..

only thing different was the time to draw and fire what was`nt dramatic.

which would affect the dps..

maybe ill find a very fast 16.2 or 16.5 bow

and a very slow bow and see what that difference makes to speed if any

used to be a slow bow would hit harder but with set times for the shot now maybe that would make the bow timer not a factor in the dmg table..

today im gonna try it unbuffed and buffed without kit on to see what difference that +15 makes and see if the dmg is a set dmg for the shot.

dex

Fledgling Freddie
welll did a quick test

target yellow and orange darrigs

using fire shot

unbuffed and no kit on 50+8 cause of bow ? forgot to look at dex must have been around 157 dex = 135 base and 22 RA maybe a bit more from bow but under 200 dex

hit both for 699 dmg

now same bow stats buffed but no kit on

hit both for 750 dmg

with 50 +15 bow and full buffs dex at 413 still hit for 780 on both tgt`s.

gonna have to think about redoing my temp(or what ever temp it was supposed to be) again.

still lvl´ng my new rangers to see what happens made 1 shar with no dex in starting points and another luri with as mush as poss in dex gonna be lvlìng em together to see the difference in dmg output from both .

this is getting to my head

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
there was a massive test on VN about it.. seems that there's no point in having +11 archery either if you have dex above 386. The combination of +archery and dex affects your dmg to a certain point where raising one of them will not matter. Example : Your dmg will be the same with lets say 360 dex and +10 archery and 390 dex and +0 archery.. those figures arent true, just an example of how it works.. read it on VN boards for the exact numbers.

oh and you do need dex for the speed.. think its 386 dex and 10% cast speed.

As mentioned in that VN thread, it sucks though that many of the items you use to get that archery/cast speed to 10% or thereabouts has the + archery skills that you might not need - lots of wasted utility :(

Gonna take me a while also to wrap my head around this one and figure out the correct temp and spec, then go to RvR and get jumped by a trio of infils :p

censi

Can't get enough of FH
general rule of thumb if your looking to max out get around 61-63 archery in total and around 390 dex.

the more melee orientated you are or the lower bow spec delves you have available you can forget less about hitting that imaginary target.

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
Archery Damage is now calculated like this
Base STR + Bow skill (with +bonus from RR) + Base Dex, Buffed Dex, Stat Dex (basicly anything with Dex in it, may it be weapons armor or whatever)

Archery Speed is now Calculated like this
Bow skill (with +bonus from RR) + Base Dex, Buffed Dex, Stat Dex + one other factor i cannot find (and its NOT the speed of the bow)

What this factor isnt is
Con
Intel
Qui
bow speed
armor factor (i ever tested that yes)
Str
Melee Haste
Casting Haste (altho this does play a role inside Draw speed only, NOT firing speed)

Differance between Draw Speed and Firing speed:
Lets take siege shot for this example cus its a long firing speed
When u pull ur arrow, the time it takes for u to take ur arrow out, place it on ur bow and stand still, is ur draw speed, the time between after ur drawing and u actually FIRING the arrow is ur firing speed

The time differance in lets say quick shot is 0.5 second draw speed and 0.5 firing speed (this totaly depends on ur rangers setup, im just running this off what my ranger has/does) and the time in lets say siege shot is 2.5 second draw speed (standerd for any normal-ish shot) and a 6 second firing speed (also totaly depends on ur rangers setup, but this in completely uneffected by archery damage, only DEX determines the damage for siege shot)

Ive bin messin around with my ranger latly putting new things on taking off even better things and basicly turning him inside out an backwords trying to figure out the new system...
Dex, do me ONE favor, unbuffed attack any yellow mob, then buff urself with BASE line str and shoot the same mob, u will see the differance

Im sorry if u guys dont agree with this analagy but this is what i figure the new system stats for a ranger

Dex Primary (as it always should be)
Str Secondary(for calculating Damage)
Con/Qui Thirseary(depending if ur a sniper or melee ranger, quick being melee con being sniper)

Sorry for the long post, if u guys think this is bullshit, then why not ask Goa about how its truely calculated

censi

Can't get enough of FH
theres 2 things there I am very suspect about

1 is the base str thing
2 is the draw speed and fire speed. (that doesnt exist as 2 seperate entities, at least it never used to once the arrow is draw it used to be fireable as basically an insta) Are you saying once drawn now with the new system when you actually release it theres a delay? (a variable delay based on variables)

and you saying casting speed doesnt effect your time to fire sounds wrong.

dex

Fledgling Freddie
well test day 2..

first all shots fired is fireshot

bow spec 50 using champ bow and +15 to bow and 7% dmg cause some srti not lvl yet..

tgt is allways the same yellow con spiteful shade at Allied Faie

TGT 1
unbuffed wpn skill 1560

str 156 and dex 258

killed with 3 shots x 802 dmg

then str buff base
str 218 dex 258

killed with 3 x 802

then base str and dex

218 str and dex 320

killed with 3 x 802

this went on for about 20 kills Dex Str and con and Qui at full buffs with over 2000 in wpn skill stats were then str 311 and dex 413
and all the time was hitting with fire shot for 802 with and without buffs.

dropped of 1 piece of equipment and dropped 4% dmg in bonuses then was hitting mob for 772.

killed with 3 x 772

put kit back on and had 7% dmg again but took SoM off and had + 11 to bow and was hitting for 802 again., infact i dropped of kit to get down to only +8 on bow spec and was still hitting for 802.

so took gloves off again to drop from +7% down to +4% dmg and was hitting for 780 ish again.

now put gloves on and back to 7% dmg and changed bow to fools witch gave the same dmg as champ still at 802..

all i can say is when the arti is lvl ill prob be hitting for around 820-830 with 10 % dmg

there was a little difference in the dmg all said like 802(+70) - 802(+196) in using buffs but all in all the dmg stayed at 802 with + 15 and with or without buffs so thinking whats with the dex may try to drop the 101 item bonus in dex and just buff naked toon at lvl 50 to see if all dex kit is totally useless cause with 135 base and 101 item bonus and +22 RA ability im capping dmg at 258 dex for my fire shot unbuffed. I only need to get the + 10% dmg to get about the max 820 or so.

sos its long but can`t be helped

and at that high dex the + wpn skill don`t matter much as well
prob find that dex will make firing a bit quicker but not dramaticle. prob can have 50 bow and + 0 and still hit it for the same

dex

Fledgling Freddie
oh and another thing is..

i was shooting blue - orange con shades and dmg stayed at 802 for all cons
except red that was a bit lower what prob means my dmg is seemly capped for up to orj con mobs.

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
dex im not talking about the buff str... im talking about ur BASE str, u know when u create a charactor and ur giving the charactors base stats, well thats what im talking about, i have a base of 60 str on my elf, and now i think ive gone ahead and confussed myself

..... i think i need to retest everything and write it all down... its so much easyer then trying to remember it all

I dont suppose we can have a community manager in here to tell us how its calculated?? please it wood save alot of trouble, and has anybody actually gone and asked right now if they can give u the damage calculations??

dex

Fledgling Freddie
not sure what the starting stats were by me

i know i put 10 10 10 then as a luri

i have rolled 2 other rangers around lvl 38-42 now

1 has as much as poss in dex luri
1 has as much as poss in str shar

gonna see what they are like on dmg wise when they get to 50

- English -

Resident Freddy
your damage is probably capped at low dex, although its your cast speed that wont be capped. You should look at trying to work out what dex no longer effects your cast speed. Although this has already been done above, i dont think we can change it in anyway to make better templates etc because your always gonna want capped archery speed asa bow ranger

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom