Apprentice/Master XP

Miniman

Fledgling Freddie
Can't seem to find this anywhere - not looking hard enough probably.

I'm not yet a Master of anything, too busy concentrating on other things. So can I gain apprentice/teaching XP, even though I'm not a Master myself? That way I can advance in that and once I have all the lower levels I'll get Master quicker.

Lastly, what happens when new people coming into the game dwindle? There will be no one to teach and get XP from.

pig

Fledgling Freddie
You can train anyone any skills you currently have as long as they have the XP/SP requirements... and i guess there will always be people taking different professions.

If not, you could always do it the lame way...
Get a friend (or a noobie), free up 20 skill points, both train novice medic then you train first aid 1. Buy a load of stim packs B's then warcry/ tumble away your HAM while your buddy heals. Train f/a1 for 20 app XP then get him to surrender the skill. Do this 30 odd times and your ready to get your master title!

TaF

Fledgling Freddie
I am also struggling to get app exp and being new to game got too few connections :(
Was trying to spam at Coronet for some hours with no luck, went better when i joined a sharnaff grp, always someone getting skill-ups there :).

Still need 800 for master medic and scout :p. GIVF ! :<

Kinzana

Fledgling Freddie
well just as u play u meet and team with alot of people who need something trained, never had a problem of being short of AP, think shouting in coronet aint the solution but playing is ;)

Plucky

Fledgling Freddie
I've been playing for 2 weeks and have enough App Exp for 2 Master levels when I get to Medic and Carbineer. Theres plenty of people out there to train, just create a macro shouting out what you can train people in and asking them to /tell you. Works a treat for me.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Miniman said:
I always kinda felt that was spamming

True that... I hate nothing more than talking to a friend via /tell when all of a sudden all spamming hell breaks lose.

Tapping your spam-macro key once in five minutes is fine - but people just lean on their
"Master Spammer can train all ubar skillz WILL PAY 5K FOR EVRY SKILL I TRAIN!!11 BTW GOING FOR TUSKEN FORT LATER LOOKIN 4 GRP!!11PETZ FOR SALE 2!!1 I AM 25 AND STILL A BLODY VIRGIN WIHT NO LIEF EXCEPT PLAYIN SWG AND SPAMMIN TEH STAERPORT AEREA@@@11 ^_^LOLZ!!!11 I LIEK ANIME BTW. LOOKING TO MARRY CUTE WOOKIE GURL!!1 WILL PAY 1 MIO K FOR WILLING VICTIM LOLZ!!11".............. :eek:

Plucky

Fledgling Freddie
Miniman said:
I always kinda felt that was spamming

Since I only do it once or twice whilst in a city to get missions can you please explain to me how thats spamming?

Or have you assumed I spam it from what I said?

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Plucky said:
Since I only do it once or twice whilst in a city to get missions can you please explain to me how thats spamming?

I reckon he was speaking about macro /yell spamming in general.

And so was I...

granny

Fledgling Freddie
3 ways to get app.xp:

1. Stand outside starports spamming "Training blah blah" macros. Annoying to everyone and very ineffective. Only for the lazy or desperate. 9 times out of 10 this method just gets you on about a million /ignore lists :p
  2. Get a second account and train a 2nd character. Effective method for the committed solo player, just expensive. And needs a ninja PC. Or 2 PC's.
  3. Hunt in groups. Say when the group heads off that you're after app.xp and what skills you can train. As the hunt progresses you'll get plenty of app.xp. Very effective, good fun and cheap.

I've never, ever been short of app.xp and have so far mastered 10 professions. I use a combination of methods 2. and 3. and am nearly always capped in app xp.

Miniman

Fledgling Freddie
Plucky said:

Correct - I said "you shout therefore you spam".

granny said:
2. Get a second account and train a 2nd character. Effective method for the committed solo player, just expensive. And needs a ninja PC. Or 2 PC's.

Interesting, I didn't think that was possible. I guess you could call it an exploit though. Or do you mean with a second paid account?

Hunting in groups and everyone tries to train the apprentice.

But since I asked I have got some AP XP, just I have a lot of things my character needs to do and concentrating on any one thing takes time.

granny

Fledgling Freddie
Miniman said:
Correct - I said "you shout therefore you spam".

I guess you could call it an exploit though. Or do you mean with a second paid account?

Yes... only way to have more than one character, and it's not an exploit in any way, they actively encourage people to have multiple accounts - why else are they single-character servers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom