application forms....the trauma!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i remember years ago...years and years ago, when you wanted a job you just went in and had a chat with them maybe handed in a cv or did a brief application form and that was that.

these days you gotta fill in a 46 page life history including every employer youve ever worked for since you were born, inside leg measurement, number of times you blink per hour aand all you past salaries... I cant even remember my salary from last year!!!

why have they got so hard all of a sudden, is it because of all these new anti discrimination laws or is it because the new prospective employer really does need to know the name of you great great great grandfathers neighbours cousins uncles babysitters pet dog?

I really do feel like putting "mind you own sodding business and just give me te job because i really am the best candidate youll ever find"

are they like this all over the place or just in the uk?

/siiiigh

back to the grindstone, they should pay me for the time im putting in on this mofo tbh.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I wrote one (as in: 1) application in my life and that was that.
Glad I don´t have to do it again tbh. *crosses fingers*

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
That doesn't sound like fun. I'm really not looking forward to doing it :(

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
That doesn't sound like fun. I'm really not looking forward to doing it :(

I do it 5 times a week, it blows. Only positive thing about it is that some employers are now getting to the point of actually knowing the power of the web and having pre-formatted apps, which is coo if you keep applying to the same companies over and over. One app fits all xD

Else

/qtd and go back to sleep :p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
*rubs eyes*

oooomg the agony!!! jeeeesus what a pain in the arse this is, not nly do they want to know qalifications (fair enough) they want to know date qualification obtained (...ok) and date course started and finished (!) sod off alright i got the bloody qualification now just be happy with it ok!

oh and the best bit, this is an application for a library which is council run and council applicatins ... they dont even read them, they just scan throuh looking for key words :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom