News Apple & Their Legal Team.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Do they make their money of suing other companies?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18709232

I realise there's been a few law suits going around but this? - seriously? - this is fucking pathetic.

I really would wish this would completely destroy Apples reputation, but then again, it's the American Way! :p

I might sue Apple on behalf of Granny Smiths.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It is all about crippling the competition and stopping any innovation.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
They know that the 4S can't compete with the latest round of Android phones so they're desperately trying to slow down the competition until they have something (the iPhone 5 I guess) that can match them (which they won't, because Apple is gay etc etc).

Chilly

Balls of steel
Apple has SO much money that it's worth spending literally billions defending their market share for as long as possible. They have nothing else to spend it on. At some point they have to start doing buybacks and issuing massive dividends.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yep, take a great idea, change the wording and patent it as your own. Half of Apple's portfolio would fail prior art if tested.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Nooo, I'm waitng for my Facebook themed Iphone, with Nike cover, that can be used for wireless payment in McDonalds, I heard about it on Twitter.

Surely Apple owes 10 gazzillion to Pocket pc phone companies and Windows mobile who pretty well invented the whole genre.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It would be fine if sheep didn't insist on buying shitty Apple products.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I like my iPhone :(

Swipe to unlock is a little obvious though.

*patent 'push-to-open' doors*

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I thought it would be funny for whoever had the idea of putting a battery in a phone to sue Apple.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
None of this would be happening if the US Patent Office wasn't full of fucking idiots. And I really, really, mean that. Is there any patent, no matter how nonsensical they don't approve? I've been seeing the evidence of obvious prior art patents for at least the last ten years, and its just getting worse.

I genuinely think the only way to develop a credible patent system going forward would be to crowdsource it. If every patent application was submitted to a really giant user-group (say 100,000 members large) that could chase down prior art etc. 99% of these frivolous patents would disappear overnight. However it seems certain powerful lobbies are more than happy with the system to stay thoroughly broken.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
It does make the Lawyers a ton of cash.
I know I'm going into Scouse territory now, but for brevity sake I will: It also allows Big Business to shit all over the small businesses/joe public.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Spot on Reno, that is a big big part of why the system exists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom