Apple iPhone

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Looks quite nice. The only thing - as with all big screen mobile devices - is that they end up getting scratched, dirty, and grubby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8MB3xe4MAs

Why can't they develop the next generation PDA / larger screen phones with crystal screens ?

Nate

FH is my second home
Remember watching a video and he shown all the different things it done, but when he went to call someone, he hung up before it even rang..so it begs the question.

Does it actually work as a phone?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
i watched the keynote speech(all 1.5hours of it!!:() after watching it, i thought great appletv, that could be useful... until i thought, oh damn! itunes

then the 'revolutionary' phone section came along and i though, oh no, what have they done? it'll be like living with jade goody!

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I actually like the interface, the way the scrolling works etc. It looks natural, but hey, it's made by apple. The ipod doesn't last longer than 2 hours on it's battery and you're forced to install that itunes crap.... I have no high hopes for this thing, but once more it'll be an enormous hit because some rappers will feature it in their clip for the payment of a few extra diamonds in their 20x10cm golden plaque on their collarchain :/

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
I actually like the interface, the way the scrolling works etc. It looks natural, but hey, it's made by apple. The ipod doesn't last longer than 2 hours on it's battery and you're forced to install that itunes crap.... I have no high hopes for this thing, but once more it'll be an enormous hit because some rappers will feature it in their clip for the payment of a few extra diamonds in their 20x10cm golden plaque on their collarchain :/

i would have to disagree, the pinching and scrolling looks crap, the problem is there trying to make it like a pc, but its clearly not... until they realize that its not gonna work(it doesn't seem to support anything else but apple widgits, and your going to have to connect to the internet every time for them to work, its gonna cost a fortune)
but it defiantly looks like it might be the best 'smartphone'

i hate itunes as much as the next person, but i cant figure out why... help?

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
there trying to make it like a pc, but its clearly not..

I have to disagree...

They are trying to make it like a Mac imo

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Heta said:
I have to disagree...

They are trying to make it like a Mac imo

a mac is a pc... pc=personal computer

even steve jobs refers to imacs mini macs ect as pcs

soze

I am a FH squatter
psyco said:

It can't be classed as a smartphone as it will not support push mail or any of the other features that make a smart phone smart well not untill mac mobile or what ever its called versions are developed.

I hate it because they force you to use it and you can't pull data off the ipod unless its the original pc so blow your pc away and lose your music the ipod will not let you save it back off the ipod. Thats why i hate them.

I will be staying away from this i do not like touch screen phone just 1 really big expensive part to fix if you damage it. I am now waiting for the 6th of Feb for the new SE phones. Fingers crossed for the Bravia and Viao modles :)

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
soze said:
It can't be classed as a smartphone as it will not support push mail or any of the other features that make a smart phone smart well not untill mac mobile or what ever its called versions are developed.

I hate it because they force you to use it and you can't pull data off the ipod unless its the original pc so blow your pc away and lose your music the ipod will not let you save it back off the ipod. Thats why i hate them.

I will be staying away from this i do not like touch screen phone just 1 really big expensive part to fix if you damage it. I am now waiting for the 6th of Feb for the new SE phones. Fingers crossed for the Bravia and Viao modles :)

it has yahoo push...

but yes, they will probably hit the 10m mark for first year of release, but only cause of sheepism

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
a mac is a pc... pc=personal computer

even steve jobs refers to imacs mini macs ect as pcs

ok, I don't agree with you here tho

PC is related to the IBM standard

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
I think the iphone will take off from hype alone.

I'll never buy one though. I have a phone that operates seemlessly as a phone with a 1gb sd card for mp3's. No need for an 4gb mp3 player with phone abilities that are pish.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
if you ask the common man, they will reference a PC to the IBM standard, not to the Mac. Thats why I disagree, and no I don't care what the CEO of Apple say.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Heta said:
if you ask the common man, they will reference a PC to the IBM standard, not to the Mac. Thats why I disagree, and no I don't care what the CEO of Apple say.

if you ask a common man, they would say 'oh, you meen the box with the screen that i use to download ileagel content from the internet?' or 'oh, you meen that waste of space?' and even 'oh, that thing i stole last tuesday?'

soze

I am a FH squatter
psyco said:
it has yahoo push...

but yes, they will probably hit the 10m mark for first year of release, but only cause of sheepism
Its no good to the working man who wants windows mobile 5 so he can get push from his work account :)

I just do not think this is a smart phone it should get another cataogary.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I think it looks good and I don't bother using iTunes for exchange or whatever, cause all my music is original anyways, everything ripped from my CD collection =)

As phone it looks nice, but as already said, there is the display problem. The two phones I've used (and which I am still using) are Samsung flip phones and well, they never have any problems with scrached displays plus they look damn good and are much cooler than those Nokia phones which every kiddo or whatever streetboy has =)

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
soze said:
Its no good to the working man who wants windows mobile 5 so he can get push from his work account :)

I just do not think this is a smart phone it should get another cataogary.

all things they neglect to mention at the keynotes

they do, iphone... not my phone;)

liloe said:
As phone it looks nice, but as already said, there is the display problem. The two phones I've used (and which I am still using) are Samsung flip phones and well, they never have any problems with scrached displays plus they look damn good and are much cooler than those Nokia phones which every kiddo or whatever streetboy has =)

no, well i guess you dont have to touch the fecking screen every time you wanna do something, and with a 3.5inch screen the possibility that your keys will scratch in your pocket, or if you drop it, is far greater than the smaller(closed up) greater

oi, nokia are a fine phone comany, sony and samsung are over complicated

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Its funny to see how people think this is some kind of new big breakthrough that will change the world and the way we live ^_^

Fgs.. theres nothing new in it...

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
crispy said:
Its funny to see how people think this is some kind of new big breakthrough that will change the world and the way we live ^_^

Fgs.. theres nothing new in it...

lol yeh, once again, they took an already egsisting idea put an "i" in front of it and put some animations on it

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
the name Iphone wasn't even new... Cisco have had a product with the name for some time

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Heta said:
the name Iphone wasn't even new... Cisco have had a product with the name for some time

did they copyright it?

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
considering that Cisco have sued apple for it I guess they did

soze

I am a FH squatter
psyco said:
ooo, how did that go?
I would think it will not have gone to a judge or trial or anything yet.

Will be funny to watch cisco say we trademarked iphone and part of our ip phone range.

Apple will say hi we but a i befor everything ijudge cisco should know we would want iphone tell them off

Nate

FH is my second home
They'll probably just change it to I-Phone

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I still dont see why people need so much on a phone, I own a smartphone and still only use it to text and call.

I just don't NEED it to do anything else.. my current phone even has MP3 player built into it, yet I bought a separate one as I'd rather not have the phone when I was exercising or after peace and time to myself.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Dunno if its true but I heard if you stick your sim card up your arse, put a metal coat hanger in your ear, and stick your finger in a mains socket you can pick up Radio 1...

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Lamp said:
Dunno if its true but I heard if you stick your sim card up your arse, put a metal coat hanger in your ear, and stick your finger in a mains socket you can pick up Radio 1...

we'll follow your lead...

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rAlGMfKxdg

psyco, how you mean the Apple Mac is called a PC. Even their commercials start with:
- "I'm a mac"
- "And I'm a PC"

to differentiate between the two.

Sure, it's a Personal Computer in the litteral sense of the word, but when people say a PC, they generally refer to a PC installed with MS Windows, and not a mac.

and

psyco said:
i would have to disagree, the pinching and scrolling looks crap, the problem is there trying to make it like a pc, but its clearly not... until they realize that its not gonna work(it doesn't seem to support anything else but apple widgits, and your going to have to connect to the internet every time for them to work, its gonna cost a fortune)

How did you get that as a response on me saying that I like the interface, with the scrollbar-less scrolling etc?
That's not making it look like a PC. PC's generally still have scrollbars and lack a touchscreen.

They don't support java or a few other things though, so that sucks. Ahwell. Not gonna buy one anyway, as I hate iTunes and apple and their DRM-laden shit..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom