Appeal to Albion as realm

Mandi

Fledgling Freddie
I placed this on excal/alb section, so most albs there would propably got wtf there by now cuz they don't know me and all..just gonna copy/paste it here again :

There's something I need to get of my chest about Alb as a realm. I'm Cleric, 40 rejuv 36 ench, fully toa'd/templated and all that crap and i'm getting really tiresome about the fact that I run around RvR solo like all the time, would say 99% of the time but can't even say that cuz I do NOT get ANY sort of group at all!!

What's wrong with albion, have they grow tired having to group with a cleric? Do my future excist of standing at CS with buffbot specc? Is there anyone that still make a cleric for healing purposes? Why do I spend 2/3 hours sitting at cs every single evening in the hope at least 1 kind person would invite me for some rvr...

Its really getting annoying having to pay rent for my house with gold instead of bounty points...I ran out of bp's like 3 months ago now...I make one crafter after another, level a toon now and then to enjoy the free level thingy...I have an ice wizzy that found out Avalon CIty is ruled by Necromancers these days and as such pve has no meaning at all anymore. My old guild Illusions died and my new one, Legiona Flavia Firma is a nice one, but doesn't really come out in rvr alot so i'm asking this....

What have I done wrong in past 3 years to be hated by my own realm?

Is it apathy? Ignorance? lack of team spirit? or just the 'go to hell i'm uber enough to kill 5 enemies alone' attitude that killed rvr for me?

This is not a whine, just a tired cleric that just died 5 times in a row running solo to berkstead to defend against the mids and got farmed by bonedancers along the way... why do I even bother...next time I let you guys die on purpose so i can enjoy the little rp i'll get from rezzing ya'll...i'm that bitter...

And no , I don't want to get invites out of 'pitty' or 'poor Mandi, let's invite her cuz she feels bad' ... just wish there was something for me to do out there

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Whajn givfz j00 rep pojntz - not grps!

/as gives you groups - not rep points!

It's extremely easy to get grps in RvR as a cleric - everyone uses a cleric or two.

Martok

Part of the furniture
excuse me but who is your cleric?

if you perhaps advertised the fact you lfg might be a good idea.

Robin the Brave

One of Freddy's beloved
If you want to rvr you will need to join/create an rvr guild which will require 7 friends with a right classes all toa'ed and play several hours every night together to even stand a slight chance of beating a mid/hib set group, because of this most albs either play stealthers/stay in pve/create a small group of friends and camp keeps/bridges.

Cant remember the last time i saw a true random alb group and cant blame them for not bothering to try when they play for 3 hours straight and fail to gain a single rp.
I can see how it would be very hard to join a group when all the rvr groups dont invite "random" people, my guild for example may be missing a merc, there could be 20 lvl 50 mercs online we would ask 2 or 3 we know, if they are unavaiable we would just log.. thats just how we and many other rvr guilds choose to play. Not because we think we are far superior to players we didnt ask its because unless you're fully toa'ed, decent rr and play rvr alot we would just be farmed by the high rr mid/hib groups.

Then theres players who just rvr with guildies/alliance members only, normally for keep takes etc.

So you have 2 options if you prefer to be involved with keep (re)taking then you will need to join a large guild/alliance who do this alot. If you wish to compete in FG rvr you will need to join/create a rvr guild, not an easy task :(

Oh and necros should be removed ^^

Guessed this was for Prydwen but its the same... After clustering there will be even more mid/hib set groups, unless you take rvr seriously and create your own you wont be having any fun releasing every 2 minutes without 1 kill, its just how this game is and will be for a long time.

oh and WoW pvp is awful ;p more chance of a random group maybe but it suffers from the same problem.

May aswell post here as i typed it out ;p

Glerina

Fledgling Freddie
I completely disagree with the above poster.
Being in a rvr guild is not the only option you have for getting into groups.
You just have to say something about you lfg from time to time and maybe pm some people if they need a cleric now or in the near future. That's of course not a solution which will work right away (joining a rvr group won't instantly help you either though) but after some time when some people gewt to think that you're a decent player you'll get asked more often.
Or just start a rvr group with some of your friends (should try a bit earlier in the evening when not everyone is already out rvring) and recruit some randoms.
It's important to go for a decent group setup though as you won't have much of a chance without a balanced group. But again the above poster is, from my point of view, wrong. I've been running in random groups most of the time lately and still I got my fair share of rps and (what a surprise! :O) even won against the guild groups.

P.S.: Your cleric's name is Mandi, right?

Mandi

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
Join an RvR guild?

don't think I haven't tried that... but same reply all the time ; Sorry we ain't recruiting, not looking for clerics, or simply 'post of forum' which just ends up me having to register at yet another forum with as result they just say no to ya... and martok, you know me....I remember sc'ing for you some time ago even hehe...

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble hasn't been invited into a RvR group for ages, pretty sure people think i'm a useless pver etc, half the reasons i stopped running raids.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
I personally feel that a cleric is the most important thing in a group, as even with the rest of the group being, well, crap, you could still do quite alright. That's why I don't even bother looking for people to start a group unless there are two of the clerics I like to group online. For that reason - clerics being rather vital for a good group - I don't run at all without at least one good cleric (see: cleric I've played with etc), and I only take a 'random' cleric when I don't have any other options.
It might sound harsh, not just running with one or two unknown (to me ~) clerics, but if you end up with a cleric you don't particulary fancy, or who doesn't do what I expect him to do, it's pretty much the end of a group. The only way to save a group at that point would be to boot the cleric and get a decent one, which isn't really an option.
It's quite different with light tanks/casters and whatever, as even with a mediocre damage dealer you could at least have a somewhat decent group. I guess that's a good aswell as a bad thing to being an important part of a group. Cleric's are always needed, yet you need one you know you can rely on.
I rolled a cleric when mercs weren't really in style for a while (caster groups or thrust mercs, several months of getting fuck all groups in a row) and ended up getting no groups either, simply because they could choose between a rr8 cleric they played with before, or a lowby cleric who they had never seen before. I would have, and have, made the same choice in that case, and seeing how there's 5-6 good high rr active clerics at this time, there's no reason for taking someone you don't know, other than to give that cleric a chance.

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry to hear, Mandi. I look for clerics quite often. It would help the class if people put their buffbots on anon. But maybe that's too much wishful thinking for me.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Glerina said:
And Straef needs REALLY good clerics to compensate ;)
No more groups for you, in that case :<
Graendel said:
Sorry to hear, Mandi. I look for clerics quite often. It would help the class if people put their buffbots on anon. But maybe that's too much wishful thinking for me.
Aye. I often check /who cleric 50, and end up with 30-40 clerics online, while only able to contact 26 of them, of which half are buffbots.

Robin the Brave

One of Freddy's beloved
Glerina said:
I completely disagree with the above poster.
Being in a rvr guild is not the only option you have for getting into groups.
I thought i gave several options?
Glerina said:
Or just start a rvr group with some of your friends (should try a bit earlier in the evening when not everyone is already out rvring) and recruit some randoms.
As i said, but its extremely demoralizing to be crushed by every group you meet with no obvious way to stop it (in a random group of casual players who dont care)
Glerina said:
It's important to go for a decent group setup though as you won't have much of a chance without a balanced group.
Which is what i mean by "rvr guild" i doesnt matter if you're in a large pve guild or friends from several guilds my point is unless you have 8 decent players making a "perfect" set group you will be mashed.
Glerina said:
I've been running in random groups most of the time lately and still I got my fair share of rps and (what a surprise! :O) even won against the guild groups.

I play for good fights not rps.. if theres a hib fg and a mid fg fighting i leave them alone untill they are ready to fight on even ground, adding/leeching and killing soloers/stealthers/small groups shouldn't count as rps wheres the challenge?, i doubt you won against any decent guild group with a true random group, were you all rr7 - 11 buffed to the teeth in a near perfect group setup, maybe they were resting or oop? Clustering next week should be interesting to see you own NP/Groove/WI/RR with your uber random groups.

Glerina

Fledgling Freddie
I winked! I wasn't honest!!!!
and anyway. It's not like you'd make a lot of groups lately.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Still alb PuGs going it depends on the day. By PuG i refer to having a balanced group mind you as it aint like the old days when you would leave APK without a cleric.

Martok for one often makes PuG groups but it depends on time, i often group with him and have since being RR2 theurg. This is me grouped with rr7+ mainly. Now im in a guild that people view as a zerg guild but i got out there and made myself known as being able to fight in fg vs fg and to do my job to a decent ability (as much as can for a learning theurg). I now often get asked to join groups when their usual person isnt on and been approached by guilds to join them.

Stick your LFG flag on (though i admit i dont use that) and use /broadcast every now and again to let people know your looking. Final thing you can do is try and set up a group yourself. Being one the key classes actually helps as means all you have to find is another cleric, sorc and then 5 randoms (log for 1-2BG'r, interupter, dmg dealers)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Guild I'm in Chaos Fellowship have a little group out a few times a week buts since we're not that serious about RvR i think we'd feel quite bad about inviting people into it. As it stands we usually get steamrolled by high RR groups but we only aim to have a laugh, no be l33t. Hell our cleric is usually afk trying to open her next bottle of wine! Usually only 4-5 of us in the group too which won't help much. We can't win though, can't kill high RR FGs and would get whined about endlessly for killing solo/duoing stealthers..

I'd LOVE another cleric in our groups, we have invited random people before but only those we know. nothing worse than inviting someone only to have them expect 20krps/hour. Hell we can prat about and getless than 1000rp for a whole night! yes we really are that shit! and no we really dont give a toss! I doubt many random people would stand for it and would be off slagging us to anyone that would listen :)

Granted we do have our good nights.. but only when the bottles of wine open without a fight ;)

Outside of my guild I wouldn't say albion is that friendly a place at the moment, not sure why though. Right now though I'd LOVE for Agramon to be deleted, it's a waste of space and only opted full groups seem to manage to stay alive there for more than 5mins. Seems the radar works great in that zone... at least we seem to die from people ALWAYS coming in behind, ALWAYS outflanking us or ALWAYS getting off a mez first. Whine, yes, true? probably from what I've seem lately.

I'll stick to my keep/tower/bridge fun and lets l33t people run around all night gettins stressed. I'll zerg when I want and group who I want, don't really care what people think. I actually find zergs a good laugh, shameful to admit sadly but I do :eek7:

Mandi

Fledgling Freddie
Glerina said:
P.S.: Your cleric's name is Mandi, right?

yup :) either I stand at cs, or i'm at beno roaming, or even go aggramon...or I check /rw and find some action at keep/tower I try to get to get into...not much success though but its better then just sitting down reading a book

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Kami, that sounds like my kind of group !

Will look out for you on my rare RvR nights !

Darzil / Kenelm / Picksel / Vannyn etc

Glerina

Fledgling Freddie
Robin the Brave said:
I thought i gave several options?.

I only said that you only gave ONE option for getting into rvr groups and I didn't say a thing about keeps or towers or zergs or anything like that.

Robin the Brave said:
If you wish to compete in FG rvr you will need to join/create a rvr guild, not an easy task

If I may quote you here another time.

Robin the Brave said:
If you want to rvr you will need to join/create an rvr guild which will require 7 friends with a right classes all toa'ed and play several hours every night together to even stand a slight chance of beating a mid/hib set group, because of this most albs either play stealthers/stay in pve/create a small group of friends and camp keeps/bridges.

And I think I'll quote once again!

Robin the Brave said:
I play for good fights not rps.. if theres a hib fg and a mid fg fighting i leave them alone untill they are ready to fight on even ground, adding/leeching and killing soloers/stealthers/small groups shouldn't count as rps wheres the challenge?, i doubt you won against any decent guild group with a true random group, were you all rr7 - 11 buffed to the teeth in a near perfect group setup, maybe they were resting or oop? Clustering next week should be interesting to see you own NP/Groove/WI/RR with your uber random groups.

I really didn't wish to give you the impression that I'm somehow leet or anything...I never said that the groups I run with absolutely win against everyone cos that'd be a lie. I only said that I did win against guild groups in the past.
And I really don't know why you think that I add on something or that I only play in groups rr7+ (if you read my sig you'd see that I don't even have a single char above rr6...) but I like to think that this isn't the case and even if the groups I play in would add it still wouldn't be really my fault since I mostly play support chars (friar and cleric are the highest rr-wise and they rarely lead groups ;)). On top of that when I'm playing my merc I rarely lead aswell (glares at Straef ;)).
Oh and I'm surely not the best player in any group I play in nor in general nor in ungeneral and neither do I always play in totally pimped out groups nor do the totally pimped out groups often invite me :)

P.S.: Just wanted to say (as I think that I forgot to tell you) that I think that you absolutely can't and due to that shouldn't judge my play style since you probably never saw me playing, thank you :)

Martok

Part of the furniture
as corr stated i make pug groups quite often nearly every day!

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Mandi come play mid, and you Glerina and what the heck Bubbles you can come too xD

Mandi

Fledgling Freddie
you know...if not for ToA and the fact I have 4 lgm crafters etc, I would have quit alb a long time ago and went mid. Never really explored that realm xept with my level 40 healer on Avalon. Joke of the day; found out I can change something in my settings the german gets turned into english so you can play normally there...and there you had me, trying to play with an english/german dictionary for over a half year now >.< ... now if only somebody would tell me how to change it i'd be even more happy :)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
no that don't work, server is in german so dwarf will still be zerg and everything will still be german.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Bubble said:
Bubble hasn't been invited into a RvR group for ages, pretty sure people think i'm a useless pver etc, half the reasons i stopped running raids.

Don't know at what times you play, but we (read me, harhar) sometimes want to grp a different Sorc, so I can play the Armsman. So we could try you.

Lately we miss also Clerics when our regs are not online.

Robin the Brave

One of Freddy's beloved
Glerina said:
P.S.: Just wanted to say (as I think that I forgot to tell you) that I think that you absolutely can't and due to that shouldn't judge my play style since you probably never saw me playing, thank you :)

Im not judging you at all, my point is random alb groups cannot compete with mid/hib gank groups.. however this maybe totally different on Prydwen but it is clustering next week (maybe ^^) and after those random groups are farmed senseless by gank groups i cant see why they would continue to do so.

This will be my last post.. its just how things are in daoc/excal you will find out soon enough.

Glerina

Fledgling Freddie
Robin the Brave said:

So this part is absolutely not all about judging me? ^^

and I dunno, we'll see if they'll farm me like you said or if we'll last a bit longer (not saying that they won't win far more often...).

Glerina

Fledgling Freddie
One other thing to you. :)
I'm glad that we both can agree on that you said that there was only one option for doing fg rvr and that this one option is joining a rvr group. I'm also happy that we can agree furthermore on that you can do fg rvr even with a balanced pug group. :)

btw, I do run in set guild groups, too.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Soloing as a Cleric aint all that bad, done it loads and still do it quite often (though prefer to solo on Wiz these days as I actually have a chance to get RPs).
Soloing for some time will make you an overall better Cleric, why? Because you learn to not use spreadheal 24/7 everytime someone misses 1% hp, that is of course if you play your solo Cleric like me and just roam around healing people you see and throwing in some shears and stuns (watch out might get some nasty PMs from people who accuse you of all sort of nasty things if you sheared the person they were fighting).

Think it was Streaf who said you can make a group if you have 2 good Clerics and the tanks/casters are crap or not so good at all, that might be true but how frustrating it is to play a Cleric in a group where the tanks/casters can't even take care of themselves or know what to do.

But to not go totally offtopic, If you want a regular RvR group you should find some people who are looking for the same thing and start your own group if you can't get into any other groups.
I remember that I did the same joined Erodafira on a few nights of RvR and before you knew it we had a somewhat regular group going on and we were all rr3-rr5 at the time so hardly a high RR group.
Then keep playing with those people to adjust yourself to their playing style and before you know it you will be an OPted(thats the correct word I think) high RR RvR group yourself.

Sure it takes some efford to archieve(sp?) such things but I am sure it will work out nicely in the end.
Joining a RvR guild might of course also be an option but if you haven't made a name for yourself in RvR and not alot of people know what your capable off then chances are slim to none to ever get accepted to these RvR guilds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom