apparently its christmas already

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
why the fuck is it deemed neccessary to give christmas nearly 1/4 of the year?!

down with it i say. its the most commercial bull shit going. half the time people arnt thinking "the recipient will like this gift" its "how many boots 3 for 2 offers do i need to buy to give everyone something?".

does anyone else here not really bother with it? i only buy presents for my parents and my best friend.

07-12-13_christmas-poem2.jpg

Ezteq

Queen of OT
nope I love it, I love buying gifts for people and I love making gifts and cards for people i care about.... i love the whole thing (except all the freeking advertising that starts up in spetember tbh) I dont care if people think it is commercial it makes me all warm and mooshy inside!

Tris, have you gone to ipswitch yet btw?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I fucking love x-mas! Wish it was all year around tbh!

Flæskesteg, Risengrød, Pebbernødder, ris á le mande and sooooo much other good stuff!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
i don't care for presents, giving or receiving, but love the spirit of xmas, all the lights and stuff, and christmas dinner, and spending quality time with the family and getting fucking plastered on christmas eve :D

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I really dislike christmas, being forced to buy stupid shit that people don't need or want just for appearance sakes beyond maybe a few close friends, and having to talk to relatives/people who you'd rather give aids to than a present for days.....

megadave

I am a FH squatter
the whole mood in decemeber is nice and makes the cold a lot more bearable. However christmas itself is a shit depressing waste of money, and anything christmas related pre-december should just be destroyed.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
actually thinking about it i love all holidays; xmas, valentines, easter, halloween (private holidays too like birthdays and anniversaries) however i dont like people who try and force others into loving or hating them to coincide with their own feelings.

I thibk people should be allowed to celebrate (or not) whatever holiday they want however they want and just be happy or miserable if they choose, even though i love em i aint a flipping holiday fairy who is going to go spreading holiday cheer where it isnt wanted lol

Thadius

Part of the furniture
There was an ice crea van in my street earlier.

Its fucking the wrong time of year, idiots!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
actually can i just use this opportunity to thread-jack and remind you all...

Ez's annual Halloween pumpkin carving contest is at the end of the month!!! this will be like the 5th year and I'm hoping to break last years record of entries and have more than 3 this time!!

this infomercial was brought to you by Ez-Spam corp; spamming the nation since 1979

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Under new legislation being drawn up, the Labour Government are regulating Christmas. Christmas trees must be facing East.

Christmas Crackers will have their "bangs" removed and replaced with a comical farting sound

The opening of presents must be done so at arms length and be supervised by a Health & Safety council official.

tris-

Tris, have you gone to ipswitch yet btw?

moving on the 8th.

I really dislike christmas, being forced to buy stupid shit that people don't need or want just for appearance sakes beyond maybe a few close friends, and having to talk to relatives/people who you'd rather give aids to than a present for days.....

exactly how i feel. most people buy me those fucking showergel mother fucker things, so i dont buy anyone anything. it should be about putting thought in to it, but it isnt most of the time.

or socks. hey thanks a lot you fucknut, all that effort you made really paid off when you bought me a pair of pain black socks. id rather people didnt buy me anything and just give it to charity.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
ungrateful turd

I bet you're the sort of guy who would fuck a person in the arse and not even have the goddam common courtesy to give the guy a reach-around

I'll be watching you

3726326644_44af0f2e3a_o.jpg

tris-

but you told me you like being abused :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
tris is full of fail
give it up parmo-thief

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I love christmas, but I don't buy into all the chrimbo card and early start bullshit. I start to get excited for christmas in December and it builds up to christmas day, I don't know what it is deep down but I love listening and singing along to the tunes on the radio.

As for the presents and stuff I only buy for my close family, and I don't really mind whether I get anything or not anymore. Christmas for me is about giving as it should be.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
That's certainly what Roman Polanski thinks

Did you hear what his next film is gonna be? "Close Encounters of the Third Grade"

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I hate "christmas" nowadays.

I loved it as a kid, but looking back at what my parents used to spend on me and my sis, it was ridiculous. No we were not spoilt, but we always got a few stuff at Christmas "from Santa".

It should not be about spending, it should be about just being with your family for the day, ie no job, no pub, no shopping etc.

Maybe i'm just grumpy in my old age, but spending money "just because its Christmas", its ridiculous. My mum still buys presents for her neices/nephews at Christmas and birthdays, although we never see them(and I dont even get a card on my birthday from them). Its not as if they live far away either, about 15 minutes away.

I couldnt carer less about getting thing, I prefer to have a card, just because it shows they actually took the time to think about you.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
My best mate's a paddy, and they go fucking mental at Christmas time - about 30 people in their house, a case of Jamesons, a whole fucking barnyard of foul on the table, mountains of food, and gallons of booze. Its a wonderful atmosphere - the only thing that spoils it is the fucking Pogues (who in my opinion should be lined up & fucking shot)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Its the same with most Irish families, Christmas they ALL come round, like a mass gathering from everyone.

Same with funerals, everybody from the family tips up.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
My best mate's a paddy, and they go fucking mental at Christmas time - about 30 people in their house, a case of Jamesons, a whole fucking barnyard of foul on the table, mountains of food, and gallons of booze. Its a wonderful atmosphere - the only thing that spoils it is the fucking Pogues (who in my opinion should be lined up & fucking shot)

I spend christmas at my wifes parents in Cork and that is what christmas should be like! people with their friends and family having a drink, chat and some good grub!!

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Far too many shops stock up with Christmas gifts too early. Eventually we'll have the media reporting that sales for this Christmas period are lower than last year, up until the last week or so when we'll have an amazing recovery thanks to shops slashing their prices to encourage more people buying!

Perhaps they'll eventually realise that most customers will no longer buy overpriced crap too early? :|

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I usually escape after the Christmas meal and pop over to my mates house. Now bearing in mind I'm already stuffed to the gills with my own dinner, my mate's mum offers me another Christmas dinner. When I say "offers" make that "won't take no for an answer" and when I say "another Christmas dinner" I mean a week's worth of food.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Christmas make me depressed.

Summer holydays on the other hand.... :cheers:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I always enjoy the first days of Christmas (currently the first days of October), but after two or three days it really gets on my tits. by the time it's actually over I'm ready to commit murder.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Santamas is a-ok, from the 23rd to the 26th, that's it. Max!

All other days you "celebrate" it, do it in your home and keep it the f*Ck away from my face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom