APB: reloaded open beta

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
is starting today, apparently

anyone playing it ? (again?)

:D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Played closed beta a while, wasn't impressed with what they have done...

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Did the closed beta for a bit, after having played the "original" before it got closed down.
Looks to have kept the problems which made it fail as a pay2play model, so the free2play does not pull me in.
I'd rather have a decent game and pay2play than a failed game that's free2play. The money isn't the biggest obstacle for me - it's spending the time on a game and there I value quality over price.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
They took so long to open it up I got passed caring, then as soon as they opened it up I got e-mails saying "this weeks special gun is... £££" and they destroyed all my interest.

Shame really I actually thought that APB would have been good if it had been allowed to mature and tweak but obviously that's not going to happen from the comments above.

Shame :(

Mabs

weapon rebalance
new weapons
new cars
completely rebuilt the audio on the installer to half it from 8gig to 4gig
lag fixed (mostly)

yea they havent done much since closed beta

/shrug, if people are set against it, thats fair enough, i just assumed being FREE people might try it before bandwagoning :p

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not set against it mate, they just annoyed me before I even got to try it. Buy stuffs before released = annoying.

Mabs

Not set against it mate, they just annoyed me before I even got to try it. Buy stuffs before released = annoying.

yeah
however, they aren't wiping again
so open beta is basically early start now so...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
/shrug, if people are set against it, thats fair enough, i just assumed being FREE people might try it before bandwagoning :p

It's not free if you want to do well. It's free only if you don't care if you lose most of your missions.

At the moment it's not as bad as other "freemium" games out there, but i have a nagging suspicion that in the end, it will be totally and utterly a "pay to win" game.

Mabs

It's not free if you want to do well. It's free only if you don't care if you lose most of your missions.

At the moment it's not as bad as other "freemium" games out there, but i have a nagging suspicion that in the end, it will be totally and utterly a "pay to win" game.

nope, not true, at all

paying gets you : some weapons, no cars yet, no mods
paying for premium gets you: 30% more rep gain, 30% more cash gain, and 20% discount on all real money transactions

you can do very well without paying, but you wont level as fast

/edit
i have a premium account for levelling speed, but im using ingame-cash gun, ingame-cash car.

most of the prefab cars + most guns are "rented", so you pay for a 10 day or month use, but both are available for rl cash or ingame money, so its not a major issue.

the high achievement guns and some of the toptier cars are permemant, but a lot more.
month of car: 10,000$
perma car: 200,000$
thats apb dollars obv :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
nope, not true, at all

paying gets you : some weapons, no cars yet, no mods
paying for premium gets you: 30% more rep gain, 30% more cash gain, and 20% discount on all real money transactions

you can do very well without paying, but you wont level as fast

At the moment maybe.

I could have phrased my earlier post better. But they haven't even gotten started yet, give it half a year or so and you will see them sneaking more and more overpowered stuff on the store :)

I hope i'm wrong but it's kinda what most F2P games does, otherwise there isn't a good enough reason for most people to pay them unless they attach massive disadvantages ala champions online where almost half the game is unavailable unless you pay.

So either they will churn out loads of content and not make it available for F2P players (which usually isn't going down well) or they will add increasingly overpowered stuff on their RMT store.

I could be wrong, i hope i'm wrong.

Mabs

yea that is a standing possibility

but atm its not too bad, so im sticking with it, see how it goes;)

plus i like running people over:(

Mabs

That's almost a good enough reason in itself :)

If only the cars weren't so weak against gunfire....

armour plating is your friend ?

or drive a 4x4 :p

Mabs

forgot to add, anyone with a passing interest, read the devblog, by their lead tech blokey. its the list of what theyve done, are doing, and are planning to do

APB Reloaded

Mabs

im playing enf on obeya
give me a shout anyone whose bimbling about
main toon-> Eshaede

- English -

Resident Freddy
Its such a hard game i think, mixed in with the bugs, lag, and annoying missions which make it impossible to do. Still undecided if ill keep playing. Ive never felt soo annoyed with a game, even CSS ;x

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Its such a hard game i think, mixed in with the bugs, lag, and annoying missions which make it impossible to do. Still undecided if ill keep playing. Ive never felt soo annoyed with a game, even CSS ;x

I absolutely love how ragey you get when you can't compete ;>

its like you playing live daoc now :)

- English -

Resident Freddy
I absolutely love how ragey you get when you can't compete ;>

its like you playing live daoc now :)

tbh it was ridiculous, i was spawning in the docks, and the guy was on top of the harbour place with a rifle, and i would spawn the same spot everytime. I could run 20metres before he shot me dead, and he had cover behind some stone wall. There was no hiding spots for me. Stupid really.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
tbh it was ridiculous, i was spawning in the docks, and the guy was on top of the harbour place with a rifle, and i would spawn the same spot everytime. I could run 20metres before he shot me dead, and he had cover behind some stone wall. There was no hiding spots for me. Stupid really.

you need to calm your rage - hate leads to the darkside!

Mabs

solo ? not worth it
team ? get a better one;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom