AoW Call to Arms

A

Aran Thule

The wind swept through the trees, causing the long streaming tendrils to sway and rustle as the willows were engulfed in natures breath.
Standing nearby was a large weathered building the sign above the door swinging back and forth in the breeze.
It was obvious that this was a tavern of sorts, the smoke from the chimney, the empty kegs outside and a recently repaired stable indicated that it was at the very least, fairly popular.

Entering the tavern a visitor would possibly be surprised by the events taking place, for the people there both young and old were silent, listening carefully to a small lurikeen wearing a golden moose hat that was talking from on top of one of the tables.

"And i say again, although the battles have raged now for over a year and a half we haven not failed our land."

The lurikeen snatched up a large tankard, and after taking a swig motioned to all thoose around him.

"We may be outnumbered, thoose fools from albion and midgard my continue to attack out green lands but we will never surrender.
We have held them off by working together, by force of will and strength of arms, we will ride out this storm until such time as peace returns to these lands."

He lifted his glass and his eyes glazed over for a moment as he remembered the past.

"But let us not forget or friends that are no longer with us, for some the strain of fighting was too much and they have retired, others went on a journey far far away, and several have given the ultimate sacrifice and are resting now in the arms of Danu."

He motioned to some of the younger faces in the crowd, thoose that showed a little fear but above all determination.

"We must not forget thoose that will take our place should we fall, they need our wisdom and help and we need thier insight and endurance, only be working together do we stand a chance of defeating our foes."

"So it is, i have commissioned the Filidh's to sing tales our our ventures, and the noble magi in the corner is projecting this message beyond the veil, we are strong but we need to be stronger to survive, hence why i have sent out a call to arms."

"i do not know if it will reach anyone but we can but hope, only time will tale but for now raise your glasses and drink to Hibernia's well being, for it is the land that makes us strong."

Glasses were raised and the pledges made and in the corner the wizened elf finished his arcane mutterings, the spell complete the message vanished into the void.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ooc]
Well as you may have guessed from the above passage the Artisans of Willow are looking for fellow adventurers to help in defending fair Hibernia.
We are a roleplaying guild that have been formed since the battle first started, and we have been involved in many adventures across the land, both ingame and in our forums.
If you are willing to give it a go come to hibernia/prydwen and say hello.
Our charter (admitedly it needs updating) can be found at www.artisansofwillow.com/info/charter.php
Or visit us at www.tavernsofcamelot.com and join in the fun.

O

old.mattshanes

Just want to say aran you guys have a lovely website,one of the best guild ones i seen:great:

Nicely written by the way too.

A

Aran Thule

[ooc] With the introduction of /level 30 we might find some travelers from other lands.
So if your interested in joining a roleplay guild then pop over and introduce yourself.

L

Lafala Arifel

Thankyou Mattshanes, I'll pass your kind words onto Merecraft, our web designer :) (though now retired from Camelot :()

M

Merecraft

Thanks Mattshanes! :)

Nice to know the hard work doesn't go un-noticed, even though I'm not involved any more :)

L

luin

The awful warm hibernian rain battered on the window of the Willow Tavern. The regulars sat drinking and laughing when a Short Man pushed through the tavern door. Silence sliced through the room. The man was dressed all in black and was armed with strange weapons, a bow on his back and sword by his side. Behind him walked a fearsome black wolf. "No pets" growled the bartender. The man turned and spoke a few words in a foreign tounge to the familiar who turned and sat outside the door.
Under his black hood, slightly pointed ears were visable. But he looked distinctly outlandish.
He turned to face the main body of celts and firbolgs gathered in one corner, and through down his hood.

" I have journeyed far, from the frozen lands on Midgard Excalibur. I come to answer the Call to arms from your guild. I am Luin, master hunter and half elf, former resident of this realm when i was a small boy (during the period soon after launch) I have gathered a band of followers to help you in your time of need since my serviced are required in the defence of my own realm."

At this point, he beckoned through the dirty window to a small band of men outside the door. In strode A firbolg, elf, sylvan and a man. The introduced themselves as Fiinwe the Warden, Ithilgalad the ranger, Fiin the blademaster and Luin the bard.

"Here is a band of my closet friends and warriors in this realm. Accept them into your guild and they shall serve you well."

No sooner had he finished his sentance he had turned and vanished out of the door. Leaving the 4 warriors standing in line.

Soon Fiinwe spoke. "So sirs, what be ur answer?"

A

Aran Thule

A small white haired lurikeen jumped down from a stool by the bar and approuched the newly arrived party.

"Greetings travelers, tis good to hear my call to arms was heard please be so kind as to seat yourself."

With that he motioned to some of the pot boys who swiftly returned with a small cauldron of stew, some warm bread and a pitcher of ale an placed them on a table.

"Please eat and be refreshed, i sense your travel has passed through the veil and we all know how disorientating that can be.
Allow me to introduce myself, the names Aran, i happen to lead the band of defenders known as the Artisans of Willow.
If you are willing to assist us in defending our land you are more then welcome, if there is anything i can help with dont hesitate to ask."

[ooc] a few other responces in the Tavern

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom