Anything going on in Bournemouth...

Syri

FH is my second home
... at the end of August? Heading down there for a few days for a bit of a break, from the 27th to 29th. I know there's at least a couple of people who post here from that area, so just wondered if there's anything they can recommend for me to do while I'm in the area.
Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ack you'll be a few days too late for the air show (Bournemouth Air Festival) but there's still quite a lot to do down here; I recommend the oceanarium which is just awesome, from the pier you can take a boat trip to Brownsea Island which is a great place t go poking about and see red squirrels, scouts and all kinds
of other stuff, there is also a speed boat you can go on called shockwave for about £8 or something...and there is a boat tour of the jurassic coast from there too.

There are some lovely parks and there are usually events going on in the gardens, the last few days they have been showing films on the big outdoor screen (watched Wall:E yesterday with Dukat lol!) so don't know if they'll do some more like that, there is a tethered balloon in the gardens to which you can go up in and see the whole town, not been up in it yet but wouldn't mind giving it a go, tis a bit expensive though. There are two cinemas and the russell cotes museum and art gallery which is a bit mad but has quite a few interesting pieces.

Quite near to Burnemouth is the New Forest and there are several interesting villages there, Burley is one of the best and it is full of witches and witch related stuff, come on Halloween for a really good time there the whole village is in fancy dress! and then Boulderwood has a deer park and some white deer which yu can watch being fed, there are also plenty of nice walks around there.

There is a surf reef (which doesn't work) but there are several surf schools on the beach where you can take a lesson or two, if you like shows check out the BIC and Pavillion websites and see if there is anything on that you'd like.

There are loads of really nice places to eat, my faves include the nippon inn in charminster for excellent japanese food (and its really good value too), orange rooms does the best burgers anywhere and there are your usual itallians and KFCs and things, can't really suggest any night clubs because I don't go to them but I hope you find some of this helpful? You can also go to the bournemouth home pages and see when things are on What’s On in Bournemouth - Events Guide

That's about all I can think of, for a really entertaining time you could just watch me drink a shot from a test tube...people seemed to find it amusing last night Oo

Strouden

Loyal Freddie
Also head over to Poole and spend some time on the Quay from which you can take boat rides around the harbour and also Brownsea Island As Ez has mentioned. Many a bar on the Quay also for refreshment.

The New Forest and Jurrasic coast has been mentioned but there is plenty to do around Dorset away from the town if you have the time, some include, Corfe Castle, Tank museum, Arne nature reserve to name a few.

On the food theme the Mandarin is tops for Chinese and its not far from town centre.

Whatever you decide, even if its lazing on the beach I hope you enjoy your visit.

Syri

FH is my second home
Thanks for the ideas, will be heading down tomorrow, will see what I can fit in. If anyone down there fancies meeting for a drink or something, send me a message and I'll see what I can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom