Anyone?

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
poisono said:
Im just laughing that he thinks a Ge-Force 5900 is "good"

*laughs*

Anyway.

What do you think is good then? and don't say ATI i have seen radeons they just the same as geforces really just people sprout untrue bollocks at each other about them...getting 60fps+ in far cry is good enough for me maybe not for you but i don't care either xD

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
poisono said:
Im just laughing that he thinks a Ge-Force 5900 is "good"

*laughs*

Anyway.

yes its still pretty good card, your defenition of good is probably that new 'omgwtf' radeon overclocked x3 in nitrogen cooling...
but it should be MORE then enough for this crap engine...

Mikal

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Lately have very bad lagspikes ingame? past 3-4 days i been having 5-10s lagspikes especially during rvr, even if one enemy comes in clip range or nearby my screen freezes.My pc is very very good and this all of a sudden happens so i am assuming it's the server, anyone else got these lagspikes?or screen freezing? it's unplayable sometimes :(

How is "this all of a sudden happens" a valid argument for it being a server problem?
Your screen freezing has nothing to do with your connection or the server. In lag you can still move, and look around smoothly, you can still minimize daoc, it's just everything that has to go by the server, such as other people seeing you move, casting spells, using styles or abilites, writing in chats etc. that has a delay on it. If your screen freezes, the game stutters when you or other people try to move, cast spells etc. or if the mouse cursor moves very choppy, then it's 100% your computer that's something wrong with.

do you have a firewall or antivirus running all the time? if not, I'd be very surprised if you didn't have dozen viruses on your comp. Do you use any questionable software such as kazaa that installs a zillion spyware programs. Have you updated windows? do you use internet explorer as your browser or outlook express as your email client, cause those two particular programs have loads of security vulnerabilities, especially if you haven't updated windows.

Cami's advise is probably the best one to solve your problem... and the cheapest one aswell ;)

Jebelious

Fledgling Freddie
spyware or virus tbh, my pc is not that bad but really needs a format so try adaware and a virus scan see if that does ok. and change ya virtual mem size too?

Zede

Part of the furniture
Sycho said:
Lately have very bad lagspikes ingame? past 3-4 days i been having 5-10s lagspikes especially during rvr, even if one enemy comes in clip range or nearby my screen freezes.My pc is very very good and this all of a sudden happens so i am assuming it's the server, anyone else got these lagspikes?or screen freezing? it's unplayable sometimes :(

Ive been having exactly the same problem. Tried every virus checker under the sun, no different. tried loading in classic and si client - no difference. tried going down to lowest resolution too, no difference. in total tried 3 different virus checkers and 2 different spyware checkers - all clear. im running on windows 2000.

never had a problem even remotely similar to this in a year of playing.

top end pc too - and yer just started a few days ago

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
I use 2 firewalls, norton and zonealarm.

I am wondering why it only does this in daoc since other games my pc is fine, can play new games max settings pretty easily with no slowdown however in daoc it slows down sometimes or even when just 2-3fgs are nearby, perhaps it's the ToA client which is fixed in 1.69? also some other players had same problems as me but not sure what pcs they have.

My pc doesn't overheat either, so kind of puzzled what it is.Got latest drivers too for gfx card.I also do virus scans often so none on it and spyware scans.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Does it happen after x amount of time or can it occur from a clean boot straight away?

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Well it hasn't happened over the past few days, it usually happens after a couple of hours ingame.Kind of like it's loading a big force nearby but keeps doing so for 5-10s? well it's not playable when it does anyway.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Perhaps its just down to 1.68 + ToA UI + Caching + DAoC age old Mem leak problem. Dunno why only you get affected, must be software, perhaps 1.69 has somit in its code that doesnt like one of ur peices of hardware too much. Gfx/network/dsl modem.

With any luck like you say 1.69 will fix it.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Have you tried rolling back various drivers? Or perhaps use a beta/alpha driver? Might be more unstable else where but might be better in daoc ><

Zede

Part of the furniture
Sycho said:
Well it hasn't happened over the past few days, it usually happens after a couple of hours ingame.Kind of like it's loading a big force nearby but keeps doing so for 5-10s? well it's not playable when it does anyway.

your lucky, my game lag spikes / hangs after about 10 minutes :(

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
I got 233 mhz PII with 64 Mb of ram

I get the occasional lag on my 56K modem. good modem to. got fax support.

but usually no lag at all. even relic raids are okish.

I Play 1024x768

wish I had a computer like Shanes tho :(

Brite

Banned
im having this exact problem even when im just leveling scalars and its doing my head in even worse when people are near, what isp you guys on ?

and whats this to do with network cards

Brite

Banned
graphy thingy

193.gif

more \o/

193b.gif

and maybe another one just for the fun of it

193c.gif

Seranders

Fledgling Freddie
Have also short lag spikes (about 10 seconds) past few days, quite annoying, and it was in Snowdonia near power relic keep, where i'm nearly sure there was no other players in whole zone :/

P.S. It has nothing to do with PC config

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Brite said:
im having this exact problem even when im just leveling scalars and its doing my head in even worse when people are near, what isp you guys on ?

and whats this to do with network cards

Bah you will laugh :/ i am on wanadoo xD but their customer support is decent actually for once :p and download speed is very good(since uk isps mainly suck anyway), i am pretty certain it isn't isp though, could be network card but i have never delt with those, have only installed gfx cards/sound cards/ram so do not really know what i have to do or even what would be a good network card for 1.1mb line?

Zede

Part of the furniture
I have been in touch with both BT to check the Line, and BT openworld my ISP. After completing hours worth of diagnostics, bt openworld technical support have not go a clue. The only think they have suggest is getting hold of another pc and hooking it up to the same line and seeing if it happens with that pc as well. Guess this is the only way to know if it is pc / or outside sources.

Will hopefully have another pc up and running within a few days, so will give it a try, hopefully it IS the pc !

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Its opentransit, again, theres problems with the peer connecting london to France. I had this problem, identically, for about 9 days then it stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom